Today marks 2 years since my last relaxer....

glamazon386

So I figured I'd post an update. I thought I'd have more hair than this by now but I guess 2 years, a BC, 4 trims and a highlighting job later I'm lucky I even have any hair. :look: I got my hair flat ironed and cut into layers today at the salon. She feathered it all over. I'm still at about neck length. I feel like I've been neck length forever. :ohwell: I am noticing that my hair is growing outward more than downward. Either way, it has come a long way from the 2 inches of hair I had after I bced.

She cut a little over an inch all over. The nape/back is a lot shorter than the rest. I knew I needed a trim because my ends were frazzled again. I guess I need to be more careful about manipulation, blowdrying, combing, etc. Most of my highlights from September are gone. I'm on the fence as to whether I will highlight again but we'll see. Overall I'm pleased with my progress. Check me out:

Overall progress April 08

CIMG2809-vi.jpg

Wet hair - BC Sept 06
bitmap50204vi-vi.jpg

Wet hair - Now April 08
CIMG2773-vi.jpg

Straight Hair - Feb 07
pics015vi-vi.jpg

Straight Hair - April 07
scanned004vi-vi.jpg

Straight Hair Nov 07
191229490821-vi.jpg

Straight Hair - April 08

CIMG2801-vi.jpg

Highlights - September 07 Straight Hair
CIMG2079-vi.jpg

Highlights - September 07 Wash and Go
CIMG2161-vi.jpg

Highlights - April 08 - As you can see they're almost totally gone

CIMG2799-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks ladies. I appreciate it. I was feeling at little :ohwell: when she was done curling it today. I know my hair isn't as long and luxurious as a lot of these heads on this board but it has come a long way from the 2 inches of hair I had after I bced. I just feel like I should have more hair by now. I need to stay away from the scissors. :wallbash:

Last edited:
You have made awesome progress. Easy does it chica. Your thickness is like :blush:. Keep up the wonderful work.

Happy anniversary!!! :flowers:

Your hair is beautiful, it looks so healthy and shiny. Regardless of what you think, you've come a long way! :yep:

Excellent progress! I love :love: your hair! Your hair looks very healthy and you definitely achieved a significant amount of length in two years! Your puff has grown soo much! HHG;)!

Last edited:
Congrats! You have made nice progress:yep:. That last pic really tells the story--your hair looks so pretty and healthy. Keep up the good work.

Nice progress. I like your curls...you should wear it like that more often. I wish I had curl definition like that :)

You look great! The health of your hair is more important than length and you've got health to BOOT so what's soon to follow... :)

Great progress! I love those curls!

Don't be down about your progress...I think maybe the color could be a problem. My hair was SOOO dry and brittle with color and I just recently cut it all off..TWO INCHES!:nono: So I don't think I'll ever do that again unless I find a better color to use.

But yeah...I be checkin your fotki and I lurve your hair!

Back