• Take More Time To Think About It.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep Doing What I'm Doing?

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MsMontoute

Hi Ladies,
I joined LHCF a few months ago to help stop my hair from breaking. I started doing the CWC when I wash my hair every 4 days and weekly deep conditioning. I never really used curling/flat irons so this was easy to cut out and started using a overhead dryer so as to not overheat my hair. I even started stretching out my relaxers to 10 weeks to give my hair a longer rest from the processing my hair, vs. the prior 6-7 week routine. My hair is definitely back on track and looking pretty healthy. It is currently maybe 2-3inches below my neck and I am strying to get it to a little below bra strap length. So thanks for all of your support and helpful insight so far :) :grin:

I am in the mood for a hair style change, so I am actually considering an more permanent "protective" style. I usually wrap my hair at night, put it in pin curls or roller set depending on the look that I want. I am actually considering getting a weave for 2 months (at most just to try it out.) I was also considering a new hair cut but I really don't want my hair any shorter ;(

However, I am really concerned about making sure not to damage my hair! :ohwell: I only go to the hair salon to get my relaxer, everything else I do myself. All of my friends told me NOT to get a weave because my hair is pretty and healthy. So I am torn with wanting a change and being smart about taking care of my hair :wallbash:.

What do you all think? Should I weave (How do I take care of it? Will it require alot of maintenance, more than what I do now?? Will it damage my hair?) Should I get a new cut? Or should I just be happy that my hair is healthy and get over it??

cmw45

I think that you should try the weave...as long as you have someone who knows how to put it in and will be able to help you take it out. The great thing about a weave is that you can change the cut, get hilights, change your hair color or do whatever, without the committment of permanent change, or damage, to your real hair.

I think what is most important is learning how to take care of your hair while it is under the weave and making sure that you have someone who will properly take it out. Most of the damage that comes from wearing weaves is having them put in too tight (which can damage the hair foliciles) and hair breakage that comes from someone improperly taking it out. As long as you have someone who is willing to be patient and help you I say go for it.

ETA: For your first weave I would NOT recommend leaving it in for two months. Leaving it in for that long can cause excessive matting which will make the take down even more difficult.

Last edited:

Ediese

Try the weave. If it's done and maintained correctly, then it will help with length retention and give your hair a break.

I'm too lazy to post my weave regimen, so you can check out my fotki. It's in the About Me section.

MsMontoute

ETA: For your first weave I would NOT recommend leaving it in for two months. Leaving it in for that long can cause excessive matting which will make the take down even more difficult.

Thanks so much! How long do you think I should leave it in for?

Kurlee

i say try it! Leave it in for anywhere from 6 to 10 weeks and make sure to keep your hair underneath and scalp clean and moisturized and don't braid the hair underneath too tight. Good luck AND post pics.

RegaLady

try a weave! I know plenty of people who have gotten great results with it, when they took care of their hair properly!