To the girls trying to reach APL by the end of this year...

AwesomelyNappy

If you make it to armpit length by December 31st, do you think you can also reach Brastrap length in 2008? If so, by when in 08 do you think you'll be there? or do you think it would take longer for you to get to that length?

I'm hoping that I finally get to apl before this year is out... and am hoping for bsl by spring or summer 08... but sometimes i wonder if i'm expecting too much, too soon.

I would be happy if I got "perfected" armpit length by spring 08 as a consolation prize... (meaning, ALL hair reached apl {hair in crown, front, sides... EVERYTHING touching apl...}... not just back/nape... even cut, full, healthy and thick.)...

Last edited:

sareca

I should be a little past APL by Christmas. On my body there's 4 inches between APL and BSL. It's probably going to take me until this time next year to get there. I'm happy with my hair today. APL by December is just gray. BSL by Fall 2008 is just icing (um, and cake). :lick:

Last edited:

aurora3140

Well, full Brastrap for me is about 5 or 6 inches longer than APL. Allowing for trims or minor setbacks, if I reach APL by December and I start being more consistent with my BT, I should be BSL by the middle of 08. I'm hoping for May, but that might be wishful thinking :lachen:.

Last edited:

sexyeyes3616

Well, full Brastrap for me is about 5 or 6 inches longer than APL. Allowing for trims or minor setbacks, if I reach APL by December and I'm start being more consistent with my BT, I should be BSL by the middle of 08. I'm hoping for May, but that might be wishful thinking :lachen:.

You look like you are already at APL.:yep:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I believe that I may already be at APL, but I'd like to be sure because I'm 14 weeks post and I can't tell. But I'd like to reach *full* APL by December. If not, I'll give it a few more months. I started my hair journey in March of 2007 at shoulder-length hair. I suppose that *full* BSL is about 5 or 6 more inches from APL on my body. Therefore, I'm really hoping that by December of 2008, I hope to be at least BSL, but I'd rather be thicker/fuller and healthy, too. ;)

Congrats to all the ladies who are doing the damn thang! :band::band2::clapping::trophy::bighug:

Proudpiscean

I am on the APL by christmas challenge and I am well on track to get there! I started a BSL in 08 thread and I believe I will be there by the fourth of July :grin:

growth2come

I am about an inch and a half from APL but I just recently took out my braids and had them redone but when doing them I realised that I have split ends and I have decided that I will chop off 1-2 inches at the end of the month but hopefully with the vits I will be back on track soon..:look:

bellesocialite

I don't think I'll make APL in the little time we have left in the year. That considered and the fact a few people have complained about the APL to BSL bump, I won't even think about BSL for next year. Maybe in early '09?

AwesomelyNappy

I don't think I'll make APL in the little time we have left in the year. That considered and the fact a few people have complained about the APL to BSL bump, I won't even think about BSL for next year. Maybe in early '09?

thats what I was thinking about my hair too. I'm scared of the apl-bsl plateau. Thats why i'm starting to adjust my mind to being okay with full, healthy, even length apl hair next year... of course i'd love bsl... but i dont want to delude myself...

i just gotta keep up my personal stock of MTG/sulfur, sea kelp, biotin and protective styles...

motherx2esq

I really do think I will make it to APL by the end of the year. I currently have a sew in so I have not had a chance to see where my hair is but last month I was pretty close. I really hope I can reach BSL by next year. I think it is possible. But if I don't make it I will not be to upset.

Energee

I'm trying to focus on one goal at a time. This helps me to not get frustrated or too anxious. I'm very near APL so I think I will definitely be there by December 31st. I surely hope I can reach BSL by the end of next year!

dream13

I was at chin length this time last year, and I'm now just grazing APL. :grin:
If my growth continues to progress steadily, I should be BSL by my bday in March 08. :look:

Ok, ok, ok...September! :lachen:

Last edited:

song_of_serenity

I don't know if I'm going to make it to APL.:nono: Two months some days until Christmas? I have a considerable amount of newgrowth already, but I need to step it up and get my vitamins, baggy etc. :( Trying to think positively, y'all.
~*Janelle~*

janeemat

I should reach APL by year end. If not definitely by Feb. I don't think I'll reach BSL until Dec 2008 if then. Full healthy APL has always been my ultimate goal. I would happy right there because I'm tall.

MissFallon

I know for a fact it takes me 5 months w/o vits to get from APL to BSL and about 3.5 w/ vits. I hope to be APL by December 31,07 (hopefully sooner) but I'm not too worried about getting to BSL yet. I will probably stop being so focused on my hair once I pass APL and get somewhere in between the two. My ultimate goal is APL unstretched and I'm lower neck length unstretched so I'm hoping to reach my final goals by Jan 1, 09. I'm sure I'll get to BSL b4 the end of 2008, hopefully by June.

CurliDiva

I'm aiming for APL by New Year Eve! My hair is healthy and growing well; other than being bored - I'm sticking with my regimen to a tee! :yep:

I should defintely reach BRASTRAP length sometimes in 2008!:grin:

Last edited:

dillard

i've kinda given up on armpit for december (it was more for inspiration anyway, like reach for the stars...) but i'm still gonna aim for BSL december 08 :yep: hey, anything's possible right :look:

Leslie_C

Im almost APL (my hair grows in layers naturally) and hope to be there by december. I hope for BSL by Summer of 08.

Dream13, u have made gorgeous progress, please share your regimen that u used to get your hair to turn around like that!

KathyMay

I am hoping to reach BSL in 2009, I will baby my APL hair in 2008 in order to get to BSL then I dont know what to do with my hair.

TLC1020

I knew I would make APL in the back first only b/c my crown grow so much faster than my sides. Even after waiting 12 weeks my sides still don't have as much new growth as my crown, so I am hoping to make full APL by december :wallbash:. I hope to reach BSL by or before 5/08, I need about 5-6 more inches to go..

dream13

Im almost APL (my hair grows in layers naturally) and hope to be there by december. I hope for BSL by Summer of 08.

Dream13, u have made gorgeous progress, please share your regimen that u used to get your hair to turn around like that!

Hi Leslie! Thanks! :blush:

My regi is on the "Welcome" page of my fotki, along with plenty of pics of my progress along the way. Enjoy!

danimani

That's definitely me!!! I want to reach APL by the end of the year stretched and BSL by December of '08 as well.

Frustrated

I don't believe I'll make APL by Dec., it will be more like my bday in April. Hopefully I will be at BSL by Dec. 08 no later than Feb. 09. My co-work was just looking over my shoulder :sekret:and told me I was crazy that I should make APL by Dec. Checkout my fotki and let me know what you think. :feedback:

Last edited: