to relax or not relax

NYRICAN1

Hey ladies I am currently 7 weeks postrelaxer and my ng is like:eek: . the weather is getting nice and I am so tempted to relax but I am trying to the april fools challenge and everyone is like when are you going to get your hair done( my current style is cowash and bun every other day). I am debating whether I should relax or just go in for a dominican blowout but am a little scared that I will get breakage from the brush they use. even if I get a dominican blowout it will only last from Saturday to Monday because I go to the gym (Mon-Fri on my lunch hour and do the cycling classes). Any suggestions? I want to look nice but I really wanted to stretch also. :ohwell:

trinidarkie1

Hello NYRICAN1,
I so feel you right now! Ive opened so many posts with my confused self about relaxing.
I am at week 11 of 16, and I dont think I can go the extra month.. at all!

I dont know what type of hair you have. So the most basic advice I can give you is to do some bantus at night and pull them out in the morning, just do smaller ones, and be sure to re-moisturize them each night so that they dont dried out..
ONly do that when you are going somewhere special and trying to avoid heat.
I had to trade off on the nice look to do my stretch, I dont have a good look right now, but I WILL have a good look when I relax at week 12. :lol:

Experiment with the bantus, or do a braid out or something. I got to the gym during the week too, so I wear a wet looking style, using a single braid from crown to back, end tucked in with a hairpin. It's not too cute but it's practical enough for me to work out with.

Or what about using a scarf?

ThickHair

I think if you are going to relax, you might as well go ahead and relax. It is not like you are growing out your relaxer. Stretching isn't for everyone.

baglady215

ThickHair said:
I think if you are going to relax, you might as well go ahead and relax. It is not like you are growing out your relaxer. Stretching isn't for everyone.

I agree. I'm tempted to relax, but I'm not to the edge just yet. I think I can make it to April 1. But if you feel like you can't, just do it. :)

trinidarkie1

Baglady215, you guys are just temptation.
Although I know transitioning is not for everyone. This is my first time stretching and paying attention to treatments etc.

But I Agree, if you arent seeing the results you want and you know that you are clear of having any problems with overlapping touch ups, then go right ahead.