Tips to prevent curls from dropping?

Zay-neey

I do curlformer sets, and the curls are tight and bouncy before i leave the house.
but 5 mins after leaving the house, they look like waves.its cute, but looks so flat, i liked the tighter curls, they had more life

Heres what i do:
Use curlformers on damp hair, add leave in (tresemme naturals conditioner), seal with oil, and use eco styler olive oil gel to set it.

after i take out the curlformers, i seperate, fluff and spray with shine spray.

Maybe the eco styler is too heavy? idk.
HELP! TIA

Are the curl formers hot?

The best curl technique I've seen was on YouTube I think her name is all things fabulous...

Basically what she does is curl then pin curl for 10-15 minutes. She does the pin curls so that when the curls cool down they will stay in that form. My curls last all day using this technique.

Maybe your hair is weighed down with too much product. What if you try to simply do them on wet hair with a setting lotion? Then, after taking them down you can gently apply your leave in. Put a lil oil on your palm and fluff it through your hair instead of coating the curls. I do my sets on wet, detangled hair. Sometimes I use CHI silk infusion. Do you have a spray moisturizer?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Maybe your hair is weighed down with too much product. What if you try to simply do them on wet hair with a setting lotion? Then, after taking them down you can gently apply your leave in. Put a lil oil on your palm and fluff it through your hair instead of coating the curls. I do my sets on wet, detangled hair. Sometimes I use CHI silk infusion. Do you have a spray moisturizer?

I had a feeling my hair must've been weighed down. Im going to try with wet hair, my leave in, and just my sealant

i dont like using setting lotion. makes my hair feel so coated

I'd say use less product. I get the best hold when doing a wet set with those and allowing them to dry completely. Using them damp doesn't provide the tightest hold. I get about 3 days of tight curls and then they start to drop a little after that.

I understand not wanting to use a setting lotion. I don't use it either lol. But I know there are women that do. I hope it all works out for you dear

I use flexirods on my hair nightly. During the day, my curls were always dropping. A couple of weeks back, I started using Lottabody setting lotion. I diluted it a lot to avoid getting that coated, sticky or crunchy feeling, and so far I love it!

Back