Tips needed on Dominican Products...

Leslie_C

Thanks to you ladies my product obsession has led me to try dominican products...I guess bc Im running out of other products to buy, and they are pretty cheap too!

I recently bought 3 products and was wondering if u guys can tell me how u use them since the directions are in spanish.

I bought
Miss Key 10 en 1 super conditioner
capilo sole and cinnamon conditioner
Perma Strate wheat germ conditioner...

so do u use these products by themselves or add stuff to it?
follow with a moisturizing conditioner?
what are your results?

I use 10 en 1 as a deep conditioner...leave on for 15-30 minutes.
I use heat
then I follow with a rinse or an instant conditioner ( other people may use another rinse but I use Matrix Sleek conditioner)

Editted to say: I've used it for over 3 yrs...great results...my hair was completely dehydrated and it conditioned great

I would say use them all "as is" on seperate occasions, first. That way you can pin point what you like or don't like about each one. After that, you can mix and mingle them however you like.

I've use the 10 en 1 before. Like CCD said, 15-30 minutes is good. The only difference is that I don't use heat or follow up with a rinse. When they used it at the Dominican Salon that I went to, they stylist did follow it up with an instant conditioner.

I don't add anything to Dominican Products, b/c they are so complete. They are also masters of moisture, so I definitely don't follow w/anything else. If the product is a cream, not rinse conditioner, I sit w/heat for 20 mins. 15 is sufficient, but 20 is my personal standard.

I think I've seen Perma Strate, but never purchased it. I'd be interested in reading your review
smile.gif

If I'm using Miss Key 10 en 1 or Crom Emergencia, I follow w/ a moisturizing conditioner because those don't leave me with any slip but they have more protein that most Dominican conditioners.
With Capilo Sole & Cinnamon, I don't use or add anything to it. It's wonderful and smells heavenly
love.gif
. I didn't use heat w/ the capilo, just left it in for 30-45 minutes.

[ QUOTE ]
Tai said:
With Capilo Sole & Cinnamon, I don't use or add anything to it. It's wonderful and smells heavenly
love.gif
. I didn't use heat w/ the capilo, just left it in for 30-45 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]
D I T T O on the Capilo Sole and Cinnamon conditioner. I leave mine on for 5 to 10 minutes (w/o heat).

I find that Dominican conditioners are very moisturizing and also provide a little bit of protein in some cases (like the 10 in 1). I use them the same way as mentioned by ccd. I would just be careful to read the ingredients so that you aren't using too much protein. I did this once and my hair was strong but dry...

I usually dont follow up with anything either after using my
dominican products just apply leave in and style.
Sometimes I follow the 10 en 1 and Nacidits with their rinses.
I still have not tried the perma strate wheat germ conditioner yet.

how often do most of u use the 10 en 1? I see it has hydrolized wheat protein down on the list, so Im assuming it could be used about once every week or two as a deep conditioner? I thought some ppl used it as a co wash which I wouldnt, but wouldnt that be drying if used a lot?

Would the 10 en 1 be considered a protein conditioner? I've just discovered that I've been using too much protein so my hair is brittle and breaking.

I would consider it a combo protein-moisturizing conditioner. And yes, even using these back to back can create protein overload. I did in the past and my hair was dry as heck..I quickly found a moisturizing condr and my hair thanked me for it.

Back