This Is A "go Buy You Some" Thread

krissyhair

Go buy you some, as in go get this hair.

It's Unice Hair 3 Bundles Brazilian Curly Virgin Hair Weave on Amazon.

The hair has the same exact curl pattern as my natural texture. My natural hair is light black/brown. The purchased hair is a dark black color, and substantially thicker and more dense than my natural hair. But overall, it's a good match and I've been confusing people all week.

The order came in 2 days in a pink box with free lashes inside. I detangle it with water, conditioner and a denman to blend. Comes in a pack of 3 bundles, you choose the lengths. I only needed 2 for my big old head. I have a leave out for a part, a little along the sides and the nape to make a ponytail.

Pictures attached. The little curl hanging behind my ear in the second pic is my real hair damp with water. The hair in both pics is damp because I just finished detangling and styling it into a ponytail. The texture shrinks up a little bit more curly when 100% dry.

Attachments

• Snapchat-4124045433073217846.jpg
    Snapchat-4124045433073217846.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 189
  • Snapchat-6003273153355266811.jpg
    Snapchat-6003273153355266811.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 178

krissyhair

Maybe someone can give me advice on maintenance and care because this is my first install.

My two main questions have to do with scalp and moisture.

Sprayed Some water on my scalp to soothe it because it's still tight, but it stayed wet all day. Is that okay?

Can I exercise? What if I'm sweating a lot under there?

irisak

Maybe someone can give me advice on maintenance and care because this is my first install.

My two main questions have to do with scalp and moisture.

Sprayed Some water on my scalp to soothe it because it's still tight, but it stayed wet all day. Is that okay?

Can I exercise? What if I'm sweating a lot under there?
Anytime you get your hair or scalp wet under a sew in you have to make sure the areas are thoroughly dried. Otherwise you run the risk of a mildew like smell and possible damage to your hair. Anytime you wash/cowash thouroughly dry the braids underneath. If you're just spraying the hair and your scalp gets a little wet, you'll be fine but if your hair has been thouroughly drenched you will need to get under the dryer. Don't learn the hard way like I did lol.

Eta: that's some gawjus hair! :gorgeous:

krissyhair

Anytime you get your hair or scalp wet under a sew in you have to make sure the areas are thoroughly dried. Otherwise you run the risk of a mildew like smell and possible damage to your hair. Anytime you wash/cowash thouroughly dry the braids underneath. If you're just spraying the hair and your scalp gets a little wet, you'll be fine but if your hair has been thouroughly drenched you will need to get under the dryer. Don't learn the hard way like I did lol.

Eta: that's some gawjus hair! :gorgeous:
Do I have to sit under the dryer after sweating? I want to do sprints but not if I have to do all that work later.

irisak

Do I have to sit under the dryer after sweating? I want to do sprints but not if I have to do all that work later.
No, with sweat you'll be fine. A little sweat ain't never hurt nobody. Just make sure to dry your hair when drenched because it's harder to dry hair that's cornrowed for a weave.

Guinan

Re-Branding
wow!! that's like the best match of hair to weave ratio I've ever seen. If I didn't know better I would have thought that was your real hair.

krissyhair

wow!! that's like the best match of hair to weave ratio I've ever seen. If I didn't know better I would have thought that was your real hair.
Thanks I'm glad it came out so well. My hair is still really thin compared to the weave so at the end of the day it can look a little crazy. But over all it's a good deal.

krissyhair

Is saw one of my old classmates today. An AA woman who LOVES her sew-ins. She said "your hair grew so much since I saw you!"

I told her it came from Amazon though lol.

krissyhair

Sigh. I had to take it out after only 2 weeks. I tried to suck it up, and it eventually loosened. But i was scratching like a crazy person.

Took it down, washed with 3% salicylic acid shampoo and feel so much better.