Thinner hair as a natural???

silenttullip

Has anyone noticed after the relaxer is gone, after the big chop, and after the scab hair having thin hair? I'm not sure if I've always had thin natural hair and I just didn't know it cause of the perm but my new growth was always mad thick so I don't know what the deal is so I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this? It seems to me if my hair had always been thin a perm would have made it look thinner but I don't know, any ideas? I'm going to make an appt with a derm or trichologist soon and if they don't spot anything that could cause thinning I'll be making my way back to the creamy :):( I put two faces because I'm really embracing and loving my natural hair but I can't deal with this thin look it even hurts my scalp sometimes if I make braids loosely.

Last edited:

miss stress

if thats u in your avi, and thats what thin hair looks like, sign me up cause I think your hair is georgeous

ms.blue

the new growth is going to feel thicker than the relaxed straight hair but now since your natural, there is no difference b/w the new growth and your natural hair.

Bublin

Not sure i understand ur problem. Maybe seeing a dr is a good idea as ur scalp shouldn't hurt if you braid loosely.
Are you saying cus ur scalp is more exposed it is sore?

BEAUTYU2U

I noticed that the individual strands were thinner. I think my relaxed hair appeared to be coarser because of the damage and over-processing of relaxers. :yep:

silenttullip

Thanks, it's me but with a twist out it looks fuller but when I get my camera and look it seems so thin but I think it is because when I was relaxed I had damage and after the big chop I assume it was scab hair. Thanks for the compliment no one's ever said my hair looks gorgeous

if thats u in your avi, and thats what thin hair looks like, sign me up cause I think your hair is georgeous

Bublin

I understand now silenttulip.

Yes, i notice that my strands are actually very fine now that i'm growing out my relaxer. I'm thinking the relaxed strands swole up more from moisture or were just damaged.

Your hair IS beautiful and i'm jealous as i only have about 4 inches of natural hair with stringy relaxed ends hanging off the end.

I hope you sort out the sore scalp.