THE WORST HEADACHE EVER AWARD GOES TO...MSM

mommatide

OK, I HAD READ THE PROS AND CONS OF MSM AND DECIDED TO GIVE IT A WIRL...1,000 MG POWDER, MIXED WITH JUICE WITH A LOT OF WATER THROUGHOUT THE DAY. DAMN:eek: , I HAVE NEVER HAD A HEADACHE SO INTENSE THAT LASTED SO LONG. THOSE WHO TAKE IT, HOW DID YOU GET THE COURAGE TO CONTINUE? I HAVE NEVER HAD A HEADACHE LIKE THAT AND DON'T THINK IT'S WORTH IT:confused: IF YOU HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE, TELL ME, HOW LONG DID IT LAST?

redruby

i used to have really intense head aches when i started taking msm (pills) but the time i switched to the powder form it was gone. if you can ride it out, i feel it's worth the pain, i am currently enjoying not only the hair benefits but my skin is so much better:)

hey

im new to the forum and was thinking about goin to get msm tomorrow do u think its a bad ideas and how bad were the headaches and how fast did u see results after taking msm. and the powder form is better?

mommatide

TODAY WAS THE FIRST TIME TAKING IT, AND IT WAS THE POWDER. I HAD TO COME HOME AND LAY DOWN IT WAS SO BAD

Tee

I take 2000 mg (pills) every day and never had a headache. I suffer from Migraines from time to time and have NEVER had a headache yet while on MSM. I have been on it for about a month now with no problems. So give it a try. You might not be bothered with the headaches at all.

redruby

onecharminglady said:
hey

im new to the forum and was thinking about goin to get msm tomorrow do u think its a bad ideas and how bad were the headaches and how fast did u see results after taking msm. and the powder form is better?
i honestly feel it's pro outweighs the cons, the headaches are like having an intense migraine ,my headaches lasted three days ( i did take motrin to relieve the pain), i started seeing results a week and half after i started taking it and i switched to powder form because i read that the powder form is absorb faster in the body. ( i got more result when i switched to powder msm but this could be different for other people).

Bees

Perhaps you're taking too much too soon. Maybe you should cut your dosage in half. When I first started taking MSM...I had a headache too. It is always best to start in lower dosages and gradually increase in order to avoid adverse reactions.

mommatide

I SUPPOSE I WILL CONTINUE FOR AT LEAST ANOTHER FEW DAY'S AND PRAY THAT PART OF IT GOES AWAY. FOR THASE WHO TAKE IT, IS IT BETTER TO TAKE IN THE AM OR PM?

Bees

Most supplements should be taken with meals altho some swear they get better results at nite. The body is supposed to be taking a break while we sleep...not processing vitamins. I get better results and less side effects if I take them with meals.

JazzyDez

mommatide said:
OK, I HAD READ THE PROS AND CONS OF MSM AND DECIDED TO GIVE IT A WIRL...1,000 MG POWDER, MIXED WITH JUICE WITH A LOT OF WATER THROUGHOUT THE DAY. DAMN:eek: , I HAVE NEVER HAD A HEADACHE SO INTENSE THAT LASTED SO LONG. THOSE WHO TAKE IT, HOW DID YOU GET THE COURAGE TO CONTINUE? I HAVE NEVER HAD A HEADACHE LIKE THAT AND DON'T THINK IT'S WORTH IT:confused: IF YOU HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE, TELL ME, HOW LONG DID IT LAST?

How much water are you drinking?? MSM should be taken with plenty of water. Also your body might be going through some sort of detox, which makes water intake that much more important(at least 64oz a day). Sorry this happened to you, I personally have seen no ill side effects whatsoever with MSM.

HoneyDew

Things have been better for me since I started taking it like Candy_C does.

I put in in a bottle of water and sip on it throughout the day.

I think that has helped me better instead of one dose at one time.

I take 7 times more MSM though. :)

MissYocairis

mommatide said:

So weird you would mention this....I got a couple hard-to-get rid of headaches at the very beginning (Oct 05) when I first started MSM but, this past weekend, I basically "overdosed" (for lack of a better description) on MSM and took, like 36000 mg or something and had THE worst headache that WOULD NOT GO AWAY and I ended up actually taking Tylenol PM in the middle of the morning and just sleeping it off all day Sunday. I feel you. Water. Sleep. Time.

crlsweetie912

Lots of water is key. I take a pill in the morning and then do the granules in the evening. The other day, I tried to do the granules in the am! I almost passed out the headache was so intense! But I also didn't eat anything (spiritual am fast) So I will go back to taking the granules in the evening. That worked fine for me. (Cant, Tylenol PM is the TRUTH!)

FineChyna

i didn't have a headache but i did break out in hives. when i stopped taking it the hives went away. the only MSM i take is whats in the GNC's HSN pill.

MissYocairis

crlsweetie912 said:
Lots of water is key. I take a pill in the morning and then do the granules in the evening. The other day, I tried to do the granules in the am! I almost passed out the headache was so intense! But I also didn't eat anything (spiritual am fast) So I will go back to taking the granules in the evening. That worked fine for me. (Cant, Tylenol PM is the TRUTH!)

Gurl, who you tellin'?!?! That sleep was HEAVEN! I woke up a new woman!

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
Maybe you're not drinking enough water. I've been taking it for a few months and the worse side effect I ever got was a pain behind my eye and it was from me not drinking enough water. As soon as I guzzled some down the pain started to fade

PeopleTalkDaily

Well I started taking MSM about a week ago...I haven't had any issues yet..I take a teaspoon in the am in a small cup of juice and then I Drink about 64oz of water through out the day and I am ok..

I don't know what would have done if I experienced some of the headaches..

Faith

Suprisingly I have not had any adverse effects. I did get a slight headache last night because I was screaming that my team (Edmonton Oilers...hockey) won game 5 in the Stanley Cup playoffs BUT I woke up this am and it was gone. Usually once I get a headache it lasts a few days.

The only product that I took that gave me problems was Silica. I had an irregular heart beat :shocked:

lmjenk67

The only problem that I've experienced is small breakout on jawline and forehead but it is clearing (I wasn't drinking enough water in the beginning). I started taking less than 1000 mg for the first 3 days then upped it to 1800 for a couple of days. I'm now up to 7200 mg (knee pains) but it took about 2-3 weeks before I progressed to that level. Now when I don't drink enough water, my stomach cramps but it immediately goes away after I drink a bottle of water. I try to drink about 80 oz/day. I've been on it about 2 months and my joints don't creak as much, my ng (I'm transitioning) is much softer and the dark spots left by the brief breakout are clearing very rapidly (which makes me very happy because I've never had acne).

Decrease the dose for a couple of days, work your way up and drink plenty of water!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I only got a headache the first day, but immediate benefits. My break outs are almost gone and I have a better flow of energy! I'm on my 2nd week of using the powder MSM. It is true that it is more potent than the pills in my case.

Tee

yes, drinking water helps out tremendously! Maybe that is a reason why I never had a problem with this. I started out taking all my vitamins drinking plenty of water.

MsBrown76 your hair is so pretty!

MissFallon

Letitia said:
I take 2000 mg (pills) every day and never had a headache. I suffer from Migraines from time to time and have NEVER had a headache yet while on MSM. I have been on it for about a month now with no problems. So give it a try. You might not be bothered with the headaches at all.

I think it may have an adverse effect for those with migraines because the people that I know (including me) have not any headaches while taking the MSM. I used to get migraines everyday, now I don't get any.

Just try to wait it out, if after a week or two it still persists then just stop taking it.

Isis

Faith said:
Suprisingly I have not had any adverse effects. I did get a slight headache last night because I was screaming that my team (Edmonton Oilers...hockey) won game 5 in the Stanley Cup playoffs BUT I woke up this am and it was gone. Usually once I get a headache it lasts a few days.

The only product that I took that gave me problems was Silica. I had an irregular heart beat :shocked:
Silica? I didn't know this mineral could cause problems. I have it in my MSM. How did you know it was the Silica that gave you an irregular heart beat?

Faith

Isis said:
Silica? I didn't know this mineral could cause problems. I have it in my MSM. How did you know it was the Silica that gave you an irregular heart beat?
Because it started AFTER I started the silica. Made sure it was the only thing I was taking since it was new. So when I felt the weird heart beat (and it would thump..like my heart was in my throat), I stopped for a month. The weird beating stopped. Then I tried AGAIN and again the SAME beat and feel, like it was coming out of my chest...no thanks :lol: