The worst hair ever award goes to.......

Blaque*Angel

The worst hair ever award goes to Futura Eventra :(

It is ridiculous, it unravels out. And supposed to be wet n wavy but doesnt even get wavy!!!!!:wallbash:

Dont get me wrong, it looks good but looks can be decieving.

I had to get my hair braider to come out and re do SOME OF my hair, even though she done it 4 days ago!!! :sad:

In future I will stick to kanekalon.

Haha why did i think this was going to be about a person?

But seriously the worst hair I ever bought is a cross between Milky Way and Beverley Johnson. Never ever again!

The worst hair ever award goes to Futura Eventra :(

It is ridiculous, it unravels out. And supposed to be wet n wavy but doesnt even get wavy!!!!!:wallbash:

Dont get me wrong, it looks good but looks can be decieving.

I had to get my hair braider to come out and re do SOME OF my hair, even though she done it 4 days ago!!! :sad:

In future I will stick to kanekalon.

Kanekalon is really ole reliable for braids:yep:

Never heard of it so I Googled it and found:

Synthetic Futura Eventra Jumbo Big Wave Weaving 14 inches is perfect for obtaining the human hair look without the human hair price

Which explains why it unravels. That's what human hair does when it's new: it unravels. Also, I don't know whether when you say "it doesn't get wavy" you meant after getting it wet. I have water wave human hair and it doesn't look wavy and doesn't get wavy even when wet in the areas where my hair (I braid the whole length of my hair). Beyond my hair, it does get wavy but only after I get it wet and then let it airdry w/o manipulating it.

Never heard of it so I Googled it and found:

Which explains why it unravels. That's what human hair does when it's new: it unravels. Also, I don't know whether when you say "it doesn't get wavy" you meant after getting it wet. I have water wave human hair and it doesn't look wavy and doesn't get wavy even when wet in the areas where my hair (I braid the whole length of my hair). Beyond my hair, it does get wavy but only after I get it wet and then let it airdry w/o manipulating it.

no, thats not the same hair, the one i got is wet n wavy. it is 30 inches long, the other wet n wavys do get wavy when wet.

no, thats not the same hair, the one i got is wet n wavy. it is 30 inches long, the other wet n wavys do get wavy when wet.

Really? Water wave I got from hisandher.com. Wet and wavy is the hair I used throughout my life until 2003 when I discovered hisandher.com and neither has never been wavy for me in the areas where it was braided with my own hair. Even when wet. Only the ends that do not contain my hair would get wavy. But then again, this could be because I have 4B natural hair that has a mind of its own; I use very little extension hair per section of my own; I braid to the ends so the extension hair isn't fully in control and so can't control how my hair reacts (The waves of the extension hair do not match the "waves" of my own hair so there's a conflict there on how the hair will behave along the length).

The pic below was done with 100% wet and wavy human hair, and the only reason it's wavy is because I cornrowed it wet and only undid it when it was dry. Otherwise it would look like it does here.(<--Beverly Johnson Wet n Wavy 1b 20 inches).

MicrosBraidOut-vi.jpg

Here's another pic of freshly washed wet and wavy extension hair that was allowed to airdry. Notice how the hair doesn't get wavy where my hair is. Only wavy beyond my own hair:
Afterawash-vi.jpg

Below are the braids I did w/ water wave extensions from hisandher.com in 2003. I find both sets of extensions behave the same way--no waves wherever my own hair is included in the braid:
StraightBraids-vi.jpg

Really? Water wave I got from hisandher.com. Wet and wavy is the hair I used throughout my life until 2003 when I discovered hisandher.com and neither has never been wavy for me in the areas where it was braided with my own hair. Even when wet. Only the ends that do not contain my hair would get wavy. But then again, this could be because I have 4B natural hair that has a mind of its own; I use very little extension hair per section of my own; I braid to the ends so the extension hair isn't fully in control and so can't control how my hair reacts (The waves of the extension hair do not match the "waves" of my own hair so there's a conflict there on how the hair will behave along the length).

The pic below was done with 100% wet and wavy human hair, and the only reason it's wavy is because I cornrowed it wet and only undid it when it was dry. Otherwise it would look like it does here.(<--Beverly Johnson Wet n Wavy 1b 20 inches).

MicrosBraidOut-vi.jpg

Here's another pic of freshly washed wet and wavy extension hair that was allowed to airdry. Notice how the hair doesn't get wavy where my hair is. Only wavy beyond my own hair:
Afterawash-vi.jpg

Below are the braids I did w/ water wave extensions from hisandher.com in 2003. I find both sets of extensions behave the same way--no waves wherever my own hair is included in the braid:
StraightBraids-vi.jpg

Aww you are so detailed ((HUGS))

I agree only the ends supposed to be wavy, but that is the problem,

these ends do not wave up!!! :(

nonie,

i just remembered to get the appearance of wavy hair all over, not just the ends, i plait it in 8 plaits,leave it over night then undo in the morning.

spritz it and then the hair is wavy from root to end.

:rosebud:

Ha ha, I thought this was going to be about a person tooo!!! duh!! The worst hair to me is beverly johnson, it sheds like the dickens... thought I got an bad batch... went and bought it again, and the same shedding urgh!!!!!

Aww you are so detailed ((HUGS))

I agree only the ends supposed to be wavy, but that is the problem,

these ends do not wave up!!! :(

That sucks!

Wait, did you wet them? :)lachen:The way I'm playing devil's advocate here, you'd think I was getting a cut from the Futura makers. LOL)

I ask coz if you notice the pic where I redid a braid above.... The hair doesn't look wavy at the ends when I braid all the way to the very tip. Now if it unraveled a little, some waves might be evident--especially if I wet it. Just like in this pic, my hair was about 3 inches long stretched but there are no waves till towards the very ends of the braids because I had just finished braiding my whole head when that pic was taken. So the hair was dry and I braided way beyond my 3 inch length. And the whole length that is braided appears straight up until the point where I stopped braiding. You can see proof that my hair isn't included in most of that braided length in the pic of freshly washed hair, as that shows waves over a greater length and only because the braid unravels in the area where my hair isn't included and then the extension hair behaves "naturally" and waves when wet.

Now if the hair doesn't wave even after you dip the ends in water and let them air-dry, then it deserves whatever titles you give it. :lol:

nonie,

i just remembered to get the appearance of wavy hair all over, not just the ends, i plait it in 8 plaits,leave it over night then undo in the morning.

spritz it and then the hair is wavy from root to end.

:rosebud:

Yep, that's what I do, only I make two cornrows or four. But I cornrow when my hair is damp and let it air-dry in the cornrows. And when I undo, I get waves through the length of the hair. In other words, I just create a braid-out. I don't spritz it when I undo it, because the cornrows create uniform waves all the way to the ends and wetting it could change the uniformity if the ends wave differently from the braided section.

Last edited:
That sucks!

Wait, did you wet them? :)lachen:The way I'm playing devil's advocate here, you'd think I was getting a cut from the Futura makers. LOL)

I ask coz if you notice the pic where I redid a braid above.... The hair doesn't look wavy at the ends when I braid all the way to the very tip. Now if it unraveled a little, some waves might be evident--especially if I wet it. Just like in this pic, my hair was about 3 inches long stretched but there are no waves till towards the very ends of the braids because I had just finished braiding my whole head when that pic was taken. So the hair was dry and I braided way beyond my 3 inch length. And the whole length that is braided appears straight up until the point where I stopped braiding. You can see proof that my hair isn't included in most of that braided length in the pic of freshly washed hair, as that shows waves over a greater length and only because the braid unravels in the area where my hair isn't included and then the extension hair behaves "naturally" and waves when wet.

Now if the hair doesn't wave even after you dip the ends in water and let them air-dry, then it deserves whatever titles you give it. :lol:

it sure does suck :(

i dipped them in water and added gel, when i first got it done.

no waves!!!:nono::sad::wallbash:

but i just got a thought and used some styling gel, which made it hard
and also finally achieved a little wave. nothing like REAL wet n wavy though.

i really wish i could remember the brand i used to get a few years ago:ohwell:

Yep, that's what I do, only I make two cornrows or four. But I cornrow when my hair is damp and let it air-dry in the cornrows. And when I undo, I get waves through the length of the hair. In other words, I just create a braid-out. I don't spritz it when I undo it, because the cornrows create uniform waves all the way to the ends and wetting it could change the uniformity if the ends wave differently from the braided section.

yeah:yep: thats the same look ;)

Hey, have you tried not adding anything to the hair? Methinks products like the gel could make it behave differently. In other words, how about just shampooing a few and then conditioning and then just towel drying and letting them be. I bet you you'll get waves. :yep: I think products might weigh the hair down.:ohwell:

Hey, have you tried not adding anything to the hair? Methinks products like the gel could make it behave differently. In other words, how about just shampooing a few and then conditioning and then just towel drying and letting them be. I bet you you'll get waves. :yep: I think products might weigh the hair down.:ohwell:

yeah, the first 4 days i had no product,but it aint waving up:sad:

i will do as you suggested and see, but i guess i'll be getting my hair rebraided in a few weeks!:ohwell: I'm glad my braider plaits fast.

do you sponge wash your braids?

do you sponge wash your braids?

No. I just allow water to run through my head from a shower head to get it wet, leaving braids hanging down. Then I apply shampoo to fingers and massage it into my scalp to clean it. When the shower water is running through my head to rinse, I squeeze the dilute shampoo through my braids till all of the suds are out. I apply conditioner using my fingers again, taking a few braids at a time and smoothing from about an inch from scalp to the end of my hair, not the extension. Then I put the coated section into a plait and out of the way so I can focus on others. When all are covered in condish, I squeeze each plait so condish soaks in. I rinse again with little manipulation except for the squeezes as I did the shampoo, and I undo the plaits too. Then I dunk my head in an ACV and EOs solution, again hardly manipulating the braids, and massage my scalp to my heart's content.

If I didn't do my own braids, I think I'd put them in big plaits with rubberbands at the end before washing so they'd be less likely to slide or unravel. But I do love to play in my hair and as you saw in the pics of the fresh wash, the braids don't really look that bad after a wash. And anyway, a braid-out does disguise the mess till I'm able to redo them all, if needed.

No. I just allow water to run through my head from a shower head to get it wet, leaving braids hanging down. Then I apply shampoo to fingers and massage it into my scalp to clean it. When the shower water is running through my head to rinse, I squeeze the dilute shampoo through my braids till all of the suds are out. I apply conditioner using my fingers again, taking a few braids at a time and smoothing from about an inch from scalp to the end of my hair, not the extension. Then I put the coated section into a plait and out of the way so I can focus on others. When all are covered in condish, I squeeze each plait so condish soaks in. I rinse again with little manipulation except for the squeezes as I did the shampoo, and I undo the plaits too. Then I dunk my head in an ACV and EOs solution, again hardly manipulating the braids, and massage my scalp to my heart's content.

If I didn't do my own braids, I think I'd put them in big plaits with rubberbands at the end before washing so they'd be less likely to slide or unravel. But I do love to play in my hair and as you saw in the pics of the fresh wash, the braids don't really look that bad after a wash. And anyway, a braid-out does disguise the mess till I'm able to redo them all, if needed.

thanks nonie for your detailed replies, you are an angel

think i will sponge wash my scalp as i do not trust these braids at all, i feel they will unravel.

bless you

Back