The Work Chair & Your Hair....

JustKiya

So.

I've already wrapped the headrest of my car with a silk scarf, to protect the back of my hair. My hair is now starting to get long enough that random strands are starting to catch on my chair at work, and it's driving me insane, to say the least. :lachen:

Has anyone 'covered' their work chair, and if so, with what, and what, if anything did your coworkers/boss have to say about it? :ohwell:

:look:

Thanks, ya'll....

Mahalialee4

Just wear a beautiful satin scarf (large) to work, and casually drape it on the back of your chair when you are sitting down. What can they say>

LadyKaypnyc

My White boss is always up in my Hurr business (in a good way, he dates Black women and since I'm one of the few Black women at work who doesn't mind talking hair with a white boy, he's constantly asking me questions :lol:)

Anyhoo, he noticed that I always cover the chairs I sit in and was dying to know why, so I told him that I didn't want my ends to dry out and break due to the constant contact....he looked at me like I was :nuts: at first, but now it's no big deal.

If I we didn't have so many meetings, he wouldn't have noticed, but we change rooms and so often, that I have to bring my scarve with me.

Folks prolly won't even notice.

ETA: I cover them with silk scarves...Nothing crazy, usually solid colors or simple patterns.

Last edited:

JustKiya

Thanks ya'll!!!

It's my desk chair that I'm mainly concerned about - I might just scoop up a black scarf and pin it to my chair, and give people the side eye that ask. :lol:

I WISH I could get a leather chair - that would solve the whole issue right quick! :lol:

bermudabeauty

Great ideas ladies. I usually have my hair in a protective style everyday so I don't have that problem, but when my hair grows out some I will definately have to remember this nifty idea.