The Triple Gro girls...

luckiestdestiny

I'm not a triple grow girl, but I know I started using their product, the grease, and my hair...and my mother's hair ( I bought her some), started shedding. I stopped using mine and in a conversation over the phone, I told my mom she should stop using hers. She said she already stopped!:lachen: I was like, why didn't you tell me? She of course forgot. So I used mine a little longer, trying to find out what was making me shed. Oh well. I was already a little leary in the beginning because I didn't want to put petroleum on my hair, but I thought, maybe this is different because of the fact of the woman's hair growth on the package. (Right, like advertisers have never steered us wrong in the past). I won't touch their products with a ten foot pole now. Oh yeah, and I had their head scarf with the treatment. I threw that out too, and my hair stopped shedding as much. My hair has had other drying problems, but this added to it ALOT. Hope it works for you, it definitely didn't for me.

Last edited:

AsTheCurlzTurns

I've read about the scarf w/treatment for the purpose of making your hair grow. But I honestly don't believe in it, you would think if it's really true to form as they claim, there'd be more people raving about it yanno. The thing about that particular item, is that it would cause breakage from what I've read because of the treatment in it. But after a few washes, you can wear the scarf as you normally would with any other scarf. But I kinda think some of that treatment would still be embedded in it. I dunno, but I just wouldn't mess with it. JMO

My older sister has used the grease, but swayed from it when she realized it wasn't doing anything but giving her dandruff.

trinigal27

Have a few Triple Gro products but have never used them. Wanted to try the hair food but the feel alone turned me off.

KrimsonKween

I tried the triple grow relaxer before i was natural and I liked it. I didn't try anything else, but a friend of mine swears by the product line. Her hair is mbl. I can not stand grease or heavy cream oils on my hair. It makes me feel like something is in my hair and I have allergies so I co-wash daily.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
before hair boards i would swear by the satin gro bonnet. it looked diffrent back then though. i would wear it every night along w/ WGO and i would get headaches so i thought that that meant my hair was growing. i dont know if it worked or not really because my hair broke off like crazy back then too.

poookie

triple gro = LIES!!!

you can tell that that tracks have been added for fullness; definitely in the 3rd and 2nd pictures.

and no bonnet can make your hair grow. there's no special ingredient that coats the material to cause growth.

and the reason they tell you not to wash it is bc they want it to get real dirty, so you'll buy more of them.

lies, i tell ya!!!

JustKiya

:look:

Anytime a product claims to be 'guaranteed' but doesn't LIST the criteria to be able to get your money back - they. are. LYING.

LongHairDreams

I was asking about Triple Gro cause I was going through one of my old hair mag's and saw the advertisment. I was like "this is impossible." Plus, no one on this or other sites have mentioned it. Not that I can recall anyway. I haven't purchased a thing.:nono:

There must not be any TG girls here then.

JustKiya

Also - did ya'll notice - the girl with the LONGEST hair in their 'gallery' was barely past APL. :look:

SoulElegance

Dang, I just brought 3 of the bonnets. The customer photos on the site are of women with hair weaves. lol. I don't think I am going to try it.

ManeStreet

I really like those bonnets. I don't think they help with growth but they are comfie. And they stay on all night and I don't have to tie it. And they aren't expensive.

AlliCat

I really like those bonnets. I don't think they help with growth but they are comfie. And they stay on all night and I don't have to tie it. And they aren't expensive.

this :yep:

My mom always uses these triple grow products...neither her or my sis have significant hair growth from it and they use it a lot. I would have to try it myself to give an accurate review. But honestly it doesn't interest me :look:

Geminigirl

triple gro? No ma'am that ebonics name alone wouldn't get two secs. I wouldn't even read the back of their products with as name like that lol.

Sent from my LG-LW690 using Long Hair Care Forum App

D.Lisha

Triple gro? Yea I would see their products every now and then lining the shelves of my local bss. I never took them seriously enough to buy anything from their line, though. And check out the gallery...I'm seeing weaves, tracks, phony ponies and even microbraids. How in the world are we supposed to take these ladies' testimonials seriously when we can't even see their REAL hair? :lachen:

Roux

before the hair boards my hair was shedding like I was a sick animal and I got the anti shedding stuff and it stopped my shedding but when I ran out i started shedding again. really obvious weaves in those customer shots.

Missjae09

I have always been skeptical about trusting the triple gro's, doo grows, baby don't balds, Dr. "Miracles" and the satin scarves with moisturizers, oils and growth enhancers "infused" in them ..... I just feel like they are all gimics created by people who know nothing about black hair care, nor do they care to learn, but instead they will either sell us long hair or sell us products and claim its what we need to grow the hair we desire.

lol didn't mean to rant... no i've never used it, but I did check out the link you posted. I would be more convinced with before and after pics...maybe