For You As You Pray For A Mate!

Guitarhero

Sometimes, second-hand is just as beautiful a gift! Someone so graciously gave this to another who's without a husband and I'm passing it to all the broken hearted girls who have been devastated by a past relationship or the pain of never finding Mr. Right. It's about the glory of Zion but scriptures also speak individually to us. I had never "seen" this before:

Isaiah 54: 4-10

4 "Do not be afraid; you will not suffer shame.
Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated.
You will forget the shame of your youth
and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood.

5 For your Maker is your husband—
the LORD Almighty is his name—
the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer;
he is called the God of all the earth.

6 The LORD will call you back
as if you were a wife deserted and distressed in spirit—
a wife who married young,
only to be rejected," says your God.

7 "For a brief moment I abandoned you,
but with deep compassion I will bring you back.

8 In a surge of anger
I hid my face from you for a moment,
but with everlasting kindness
I will have compassion on you,"
says the LORD your Redeemer.

9 "To me this is like the days of Noah,
when I swore that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth.
So now I have sworn not to be angry with you,
never to rebuke you again.

10 Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,"
says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

nathansgirl1908

I especially love this verse right here. I think more women should look at the Maker as their husband. It is freeing and will fill all voids.

loolalooh

Thank you for this. Very timely. Amen. It is comforting to know that we have God and His undying love.

BeautifulFlower

CreoleNet,

I was just talking to my BFF about being afraid to pray about a mate because I'm afraid to make a bad decision. Even if the guy is great, he's never for me and I am afraid that I'll make another bad decision when the next one comes along.

I just have a brief decision with Jesus. I admitted I have no idea what I am doing and I need his help making this choice for me.

I saw this thread title and right click to open in a new tab. I went on about my business, came back, and look at your thread. The first thing I saw was DO NOT BE AFRAID!

I laughed. God is always with me, answering me. I know he hears me and I know he's in control.

Thank you for this post. It brightened my evening.

Butterfly08

OMG - this passage was taught in bible study last night! :eek: The focus was on verses 1 and 2 though. So I decided to look it up and read the entire passage. I was so moved that I wrote almost all of it in my journal. At the same time, I was also toggling between this thread. I had opened it, but had not yet read the scripture posted. So once I put down my journal and decided to read - it was THE SAME PASSAGE from bible study. WOW, GOD IS GOOD, and He confirms His word and His promises. THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS! :)

These verses weren't originally posted, but I especially love them:

11 "O afflicted city, lashed by storms and not comforted,
I will build you with stones of turquoise, [a]
your foundations with sapphires.

12 I will make your battlements of rubies,
your gates of sparkling jewels,
and all your walls of precious stones.

13 All your sons will be taught by the LORD,
and great will be your children's peace.

Can you say beauty for ashes?! Our previous relationships with family, men, friends, and perhaps even God may have been attacked and built on shaky foundation, but God promises now to build us up with precious stones - that will not shatter, will not break. Instead of bleeding wounds, we will spiritually be surrounded by rock solid sapphires, rubies, and sparkling jewels. Can you even imagine? BEAUTY FOR ASHES! :yep: And our children will be at peace.

God is SO GOOD!!!!!

Last edited:

CreativeOne

Sometimes, second-hand is just as beautiful a gift! Someone so graciously gave this to another who's without a husband and I'm passing it to all the broken hearted girls who have been devastated by a past relationship or the pain of never finding Mr. Right. It's about the glory of Zion but scriptures also speak individually to us. I had never "seen" this before:

Isaiah 54: 4-10

4 "Do not be afraid; you will not suffer shame.
Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated.
You will forget the shame of your youth
and remember no more the reproach of your widowhood.

6 The LORD will call you back
as if you were a wife deserted and distressed in spirit—
a wife who married young,
only to be rejected," says your God.

7 "For a brief moment I abandoned you,
but with deep compassion I will bring you back.

8 In a surge of anger
I hid my face from you for a moment,
but with everlasting kindness
I will have compassion on you,"
says the LORD your Redeemer.

9 "To me this is like the days of Noah,
when I swore that the waters of Noah would never again cover the earth.
So now I have sworn not to be angry with you,
never to rebuke you again.

10 Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,"
says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

thank you for sharing CN :yep:...i read these scriptures before but today they really spoke to me...

Raspberry

Crazy.. I've been meditating on this chapter over the past few weeks.

I especially love this section in the Amplified version:

Isaiah 54:1-6
1 [a]SING, O barren one, you who did not bear; break forth into singing and cry aloud, you who did not travail with child! For the [spiritual] children of the desolate one will be more than the children of the married wife, says the Lord.(A)

2Enlarge the place of your tent, and let the curtains of your habitations be stretched out; spare not; lengthen your cords and strengthen your stakes,

3For you will spread abroad to the right hand and to the left; and your offspring will possess the nations and make the desolate cities to be inhabited.

4Fear not, for you shall not be ashamed; neither be confounded and depressed, for you shall not be put to shame. For you shall forget the shame of your youth, and you shall not [seriously] remember the reproach of your widowhood any more.

5For your Maker is your Husband--the Lord of hosts is His name--and the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer; the God of the whole earth He is called.

6For the Lord has called you like a woman forsaken, grieved in spirit, and heartsore--even a wife [wooed and won] in youth, when she is [later] refused and scorned, says your God.