The Product Review Thread...

EnExitStageLeft

Hey guys,

We love us some reviews around here. So I wanted to make a place where we can post over intial and final thoughts on a product. Also if you want a review of a product simply request it and someone may chime in and help the other. Its sale time so I already know its about to go down :lachen:. So when you done playing in product, please come post your reviews of it here.

I can't wait to read some of them :)

Will review Soultincals curl milk treses leave-in & master cleanse.Later..

Happy Hair Growing!

I tried Herbal Essence Hello Hydration shampoo and conditioner and I was like.......where is the hydration? It did nothing for my hair.

On a better note, I started back using Macadamia Hair and love it. I loved it before but now that I've mastered sealing, this line is the bomb.

I tried Herbal Essence Hello Hydration shampoo and conditioner and I was like.......where is the hydration? It did nothing for my hair.

On a better note, I started back using Macadamia Hair and love it. I loved it before but now that I've mastered sealing, this line is the bomb.

I've never used the poo but I use the conditioner as a co-wash & I love it as a co-wash. I'm not even trying to buy the poo though! LOLOL!

My review of Its a 10 leave in. I'm on my second bottle. The price is steep for me but its worth every penny. I'm relaxed and this tames and melts tangles and a little goes a long way.

**** product

Suny

I did this review last night on my blog and figured I'd share it here too...

My Intial Review for:

HoneyChile HairLove Avocado Truffle Hair Milk

Ingredients: Distilled Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Emulsifying Wax, Broccoli Seed Powder, Fenugeek Seed Powder, Slippery Elm Bark, Burdock Root, Yucca Root, Marshmallow Root, Aloe Vera Juice, Citric Acid (Preservative).

I used the Avocado Truffle Milk (which doesn't contain avocado anything, if you hadn't already noticed) this past wash day as a leave in and today as a moisturizer. My hair dried pretty nicely and I literally just use it as a moisturizer so the verdict is still out, but thus far its pretty good. The only thing that is making me second guess this stuff is the smell. Its smells weird, like a mixture of vanilla and steamed overcooked broccoli. Now I usually can overlook strong scents and this is coming from the somebody who uses HairTrigger Hair Growth Elixir w/o added fragrance. But something about this stuff is off. Its like she attempted to add fragrance and gave up midway through :look:.

Other then that it seems like a decent product. It has a medium texture (Think Jergens Lotion). Its spreads out into a thick cream when emulsified, but doesn't leave the hair heavy or weigh down at all. My strands did like it when wet and from what I'm feeling now, it responding pretty nicely on dry hair as well.

All in all its stacking up to be a pretty good product, my only issues are the "off" smell and the odd name. Why call it a "Avocado" Hair Milk when it doesn't contain any traces of avocado?....Thats just odd to me :lol:, well...that and the strange behind smell :ohwell:.

Loreal total repair ceramides conditioner - its not good and not bad. Definitely not moisturizing enough. It makes my hair smooth but hard at the same time. I guess it does what a conditioner should do but not well enough, if that makes sense.

Will review Soultincals curl milk treses leave-in & master cleanse.Later..

Happy Hair Growing!

Update-Both products a miss..

*Master Cleanse-Felt like I had bunch of cones in my hair & I had to rewash/dc to make it feel normal..I'm use to,clays & other masks,powders,in any form..But,this was a miss for me.

*I will use it as a foot soak.

*Curl Milk leave-in-I like the texture,medium lotion cream,it's very rich and smells good,it detangles..Didn't feel Moisturuzing as a leave-in..Didn't like it on dry hair either,since it has soft hold,I may use it in the summer for a wash-n-go..For now,its a no go...I had to wash/Dc all over..
*Curl Glaze-This I like,wonderful slippery silly gel texture,my edges was perfect & held all day with-out the crunch feel or flakes...Like it for wet or dry hair..I will keep this is my stash..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Ion Repair - I was inspired to try it by another member. It's a light protein conditioner (vegetable protein). It felt very thick as I put it in my hair. I left it in for a few minutes, then rinsed. My hair felt different - firm, rough and smooth all at the same time. I was nervous and thought I had made a mistake by using it. But my hair actually dried very shiny and defined that day (until the wind got ahold of it). This was Monday and today it's still very smooth, soft (accepting moisture better) and shiny.

I guess this means my hair likes it.

CALLING ALLLLLLLL SILK DREAMS LOVERS!

I would really like a review of the Go Moist shampoo. Does it work for you hair? Does it really make for optimal Deep Conditioning like the description saids? Would you repurchase?

@Angelicus I know you stan for SD, so I'm sure this is a staple of yours. Could you help a sista' out with a review please:grin:.

Last edited:
Ion Repair - I was inspired to try it by another member. It's a light protein conditioner (vegetable protein). It felt very thick as I put it in my hair. I left it in for a few minutes, then rinsed. My hair felt different - firm, rough and smooth all at the same time. I was nervous and thought I had made a mistake by using it. But my hair actually dried very shiny and defined that day (until the wind got ahold of it). This was Monday and today it's still very smooth, soft (accepting moisture better) and shiny.

I guess this means my hair likes it.

Ive heard good things about this stuff. Tried it a couple times, but never gave it much of a chance. I think I may revisit. Thanks for the review:).

CALLING ALLLLLLLL SILK DREAMS LOVERS!

I would really like a review of the Go Moist shampoo. Does it work for you hair? Does it really make for optimal Deep Conditioning like the description saids? Would you repurchase?

@Angelicus I know you stan for SD, so I'm sure this is a staple of yours. Could you help a sista' out with a review please:grin:.
Yes, I love the Go Moist Shampoo. I love the Whip My Hair Cleansing Creme better but some people are addicted to suds... so I can understand why people run for the "Go Moist" first. My review for it is here.

Before trying that lineI was actually kind of on the fence with trying yet another product online... you know, paying for shipping, the wait time, not having samples-- having to purchase the full bottle. Silk Dreams was the first line I ever purchased online that was full size, lol.

And I am happy that I did. I am hooked, forever. I get consistent results and don't plan on switching. Plus I am a fragrance freak. The product has to smell good to keep me coming back. I have reviews all over the place so you all can just search my name to read what I think about the stuff. I wish I could be on their payroll or something :lol:

Heritage Hydration-

Jar Of Joe-This is made from,medium butter texture,not heavy,smeels like cup of fresh coffee,moisturizes scalp/hair,absorbs well & helps decrease shedding..(staple)

Avocado Cloud-Whipped Cream,lite Fluffly,smeels nice,if you need a pick me up,this is a nice cream...

CocoAloe-Medium creamed lotion texture,scent is coconut vanilla,use it as a moisturizer or co-wash,rinse-out..I like it as a spring/summer moisturizer or rinse-out..

CocoMango-Scent mangos,texture like a whipped pomade,I use it on my edges under a gel or styler,keeps my hair soft & flake free..

Broccli Hair Cream-Lite Fluffly cream texture,litely scented,absorbs well,provides moisture,soft hair,works on wet/damp or dry hair,this is a nice spring/summer cream moisturizer....

Black Coffee-Scent smells like fresh espresso with whipped cream on top,texture very Fluffly whipped lite cream,easily absorbs,seales in moisture,I like on my scalp,but love it on my hair,little goes a long way & no need to add oil on top..Works in wet/damp or dry hair...(Staple)

Soft Coconut Marshmellow leave-in-Scent lite lime smell,Creamy medium lotion texture,very very moisturizing,detangles,makes your hair very silky smooth/soft,provides shine & plays well with other products..(Staple)

Tutti Fruiti-Smeels like candy,texture whipped medium smooth butter,applys well,like it on damp hair or on top of leave-in,This item to me seems like a spring/summer moisturizer..

*Will be back with more...

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
@Lita....I can always count on you to make me want to go and spend more of my money :lol:. OH! and I got a sample of the Buttery Soy stuff from MyHoneyChild. I know you like this and raved a couple times about it. I can't wait to try it out. When I do I'll be sure to give my thoughts here :).

Angelicus

Thanks Girl :)!

Any curl junkie reviews for 4a hair prone to frizz.. ....cause when I get my tax returns its going down...... ..thanks in advance

@Lita....I can always count on you to make me want to go and spend more of my money :lol:. OH! and I got a sample of the Buttery Soy stuff from MyHoneyChild. I know you like this and raved a couple times about it. I can't wait to try it out. When I do I'll be sure to give my thoughts here :).

Angelicus

Thanks Girl :)!

EnExitStageLeft Keep me posted (Soy Butter) I know it's thick..lol..Should last you a while.

Happy Hair Growing!

Ambrosa Hair-

*Honeybush Hair Milk-Texture,creamy medium lotion,applys well,works on wet,dry or damp hair,very Moisturuzing,nice hair refresher,gives shine,Soft scent....(Staple)..This is one of my go to milks..

*Lavender & Chamomile Poo-Liquid medium texture,nice lather,cleans scalp/hair,this comes in handy if your hair has a lot of product & you don't want that stripping feel..

*Satin Curls Detangling leave-in,smeels good,very silky thin-medium lotion texture,nice base for the hair,Moisturuzing,gives slip..

*Hydrating Curl Mist-This is a nice scalp spritz,made with tea,nice tingling feeling on the scalp,great for 2nd day hair..

*Caramel Souffle Style Cream-Thick soft wet texture,smeels like caramel,great for sealing,Moisturizing,absorbs,no residue,great for holding in moisture for twist/braids..Or,when ever you needs a pick-up,it also detangles...

*Coco Passion Hair Nectar Dc-Smell great very fruity,thick dense texture,applys well,gives some moisture,it was ok..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
Mr. Anthony Dickey's, "Hair Rules" Product. Quench Conditioner and Kinky Curly Cream left my wash n go curls beautiful and smells really good. I'm happy with my purchase. I'm 7.5 months post bc, so I have a cute curly afro.

I currently have nothing to add but

dis-gon-be-good-gif.gif

Back