The orginal Fine hair thread 2013

laylaaa

DarkJoy

Awesome, thanks! :D Does neem powder stink as much as neem oil by any chance? The curl loosening is just a necessary evil but I'm an optimist... maybe the lesser curl severity will make it easy to roller set!

OT: I LOOOOOOOOOVE my new reconstructor. Like, everything about it. It's cheap, smells good, lightweight and it works like a charm. IDK what kind of juju they put it in but it's like foundation + concealer for the damaged parts of my hair. :lol:

g.lo

I have been using the sukesh powder from Hennasooq, I really love it and I have noticed a greaaaaaaaaat improvement in my splits ends and midshaft slipt!
I also prepoo and hot oil with the cocoveda oil, and love it.
I usually do the hot oil the night before and sleep with it, than in the morning apply the sukesh( i mix it to a thick yoghurt consistency, with some herbal teas), it really leaves hair soft and strong!

Wenbev

I have been using the sukesh powder from Hennasooq, I really love it and I have noticed a greaaaaaaaaat improvement in my splits ends and midshaft slipt!
I also prepoo and hot oil with the cocoveda oil, and love it.
I usually do the hot oil the night before and sleep with it, than in the morning apply the sukesh( i mix it to a thick yoghurt consistency, with some herbal teas), it really leaves hair soft and strong!

Awesome news! I planned on prepooing the night before as well. I never thought about using the cocoveda as a prepoo. I usually use it as the oil after washing. I'm going to have to try that!

g.lo

Awesome news! I planned on prepooing the night before as well. I never thought about using the cocoveda as a prepoo. I usually use it as the oil after washing. I'm going to have to try that!

seriuosly I am picking up some strands thick like wire:grin:!

Wenbev

seriuosly I am picking up some strands thick like wire:grin:!

!!what???!?? I would love that! How long have you been using it? Seriously, since I've been using chlorella, I've gotten a lot of new hairs but they are soo fine it's ridiculous. I need them to thicken up!

g.lo

!!what???!?? I would love that! How long have you been using it? Seriously, since I've been using chlorella, I've gotten a lot of new hairs but they are soo fine it's ridiculous. I need them to thicken up!

I started in january, the cocoveda, sukesh and the red raj for my monthly henna!
I am trying the sukesh tomorrow mixed with yoghurt and ACV!

g.lo

I started in january, the cocoveda, sukesh and the red raj for my monthly henna!
I am trying the sukesh tomorrow mixed with yoghurt.

Wenbev

I am trying the sukesh tomorrow mixed with yoghurt.

Please do share deets on how that mix comes out.
I love to cocoveda. Been using that since last year. How does the raj wash out for you? I've heard conflicting reviews? Maybe it depends on the hair type. And the color, how was that?

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I am trying the sukesh tomorrow mixed with yoghurt and ACV!

This reminds me, I haven't did a cocoveda prepoo in a minute. I get a relaxer on Wednesday and my first post relaxer wash will include Sukesh, cocoveda and Jamila Henndigo treatment. I stocked up on all these things during their Black Friday sale so I have plenty. I can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Babygrowth

This reminds me, I haven't did a cocoveda prepoo in a minute. I get a relaxer on Wednesday and my first post relaxer wash will include Sukesh, cocoveda and Jamila Henndigo treatment. I stocked up on all these things during their Black Friday sale so I have plenty. I can't wait!

KiWiStyle how will you do this? All in one? Will it effect your color? I'm really interested in that cocoveda...

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
KiWiStyle how will you do this? All in one? Will it effect your color? I'm really interested in that cocoveda...

Not all in one step. I will first prepoo overnight with sukesh on my scalp and cocoveda on my length while my mix is releasing color. Then do the henndigo the next day. I don't like the smell of the cocoveda so I only prepoo with it. You should try it...get the small bottle first and if you like it then graduate to the large bottle. I bought the large bottle so I have plenty to last me.

g.lo

Please do share deets on how that mix comes out.
I love to cocoveda. Been using that since last year. How does the raj wash out for you? I've heard conflicting reviews? Maybe it depends on the hair type. And the color, how was that?

I read lots of mixed review regarding the raj! I ordered mine in january and my gosh best henna ever, easy to rinse out and best of all my greys are not brassy orange, more of a dark cherry! love it

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I read lots of mixed review regarding the raj! I ordered mine in january and my gosh best henna ever, easy to rinse out and best of all my greys are not brassy orange, more of a dark cherry! love it

Oh I have to try the raji!! I would much rather have dark cherry color highlights. Do you have a close-up shot of your color??

Isis33

10 tips for fine hair

1) Do a Pre-Wash Oil Treatment before you wash your hair. Over-cleansed hair will be difficult to control.

2) Use a gentle, conditioning shampoo to wash your hair once or twice a week. High quality shampoos help protect your hair from abrasion during the wash process.

3) Use rinse-off conditioners that say “dry” or “damaged” hair not “fine” hair. Conditioners labeled for fine hair are usually too light for African American hair.

4) Experiment with leave-in conditioners and stylers that say “fine” hair on the label. You’ll have to decide if you prefer those over heavier formulas.

5) Comb and brush your hair as little as possible. Fine hair is extremely prone to mechanical damage.

6) Be cautious if you opt for a relaxer. Fine hair does not stand up to chemical treatments as well as thicker hair. Always have the relaxer applied by a professional and follow the Hair Liberty Relaxer Checklist.

7) When you straighten your hair, keep the temperature low. In most cases, it should not be set above 350F. (175 °C)

8) Consider adding a reconstructing treatment to your hair care regimen. Look for conditioners that list protein (e.g. hydrolyzed silk protein) as one of the first five ingredients.

9) Schedule a trim every 6 to 8 weeks. The ends of fine hair may split even if you do your best to avoid that.

10) Be patient if you plan to grow fine hair to long lengths. Its fragility may make retaining length difficult, but not impossible.

WE CAN DO IT LADIES ! :yep:
Do you know anything about chelating/clarifying shampoos? (used to lift the build up of calcium deposits etc - good for using after using a no-lye relaxer)?

If so, do you (or anybody) know how often one should use this type of shampoo? i.e every wash, every other wash etc?

Please forgive me if my questions sound silly, I'm new to this forum and good hair care :)

g.lo

Do you know anything about chelating/clarifying shampoos? (used to lift the build up of calcium deposits etc - good for using after using a no-lye relaxer)?

If so, do you (or anybody) know how often one should use this type of shampoo? i.e every wash, every other wash etc?

Please forgive me if my questions sound silly, I'm new to this forum and good hair care :)

I use joico, it is a two in one clarifying and chelating once a month.

g.lo

Oh I have to try the raji!! I would much rather have dark cherry color highlights. Do you have a close-up shot of your color??

this is a close up , the picture was taken the day i did the henna, the colour gets darker few days after. My grays are concentrated on my temples, well covered and not orange.

Attachments

• S1440010.jpg
    S1440010.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 65

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie

It all depends on the products you use. If you use products with silicones and mineral oil or just a lot of synthetic ingredients, then you will need to clarify more often to prevent build up. If you swim or have hard water you want to chelate more often as well. For the most part, I use products with natural products so I don't have to clarify as often maybe every 4-6 weeks depending on if I used serum for styling purposes. I also clarify before a heavy protein treatment. I use Kenra clarifying shampoo, I like that it has a chelating formula for removing dulling deposits.

mshoneyfly

yaya24
KiWiStyle
HairPleaseGrow

I want to get in on all this sukesh, henna, hennasooq, etc talk :)

Did you all notice that the hennasooq owner (a black woman) does yt vids showing how to mix up her products?
She has them embedded on her site and of course on her yt channel

mshoneyfly

KiWiStyle
You can also get the dark cherry/burgundy color from adding hibiscus powder to your henna, cassia or even the sukesh. I am ready to do another treatment myself later this week. I cant hardly wait!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
yaya24
KiWiStyle
HairPleaseGrow

Did you all notice that the hennasooq owner (a black woman) does yt vids showing how to mix up her products?

Yeah Khadijah(sp). She is great and gives personalized mixing ratios when asked. I emailed her to see what henna/indigo ratio I should use to stay close to my natural hair color. She was spot on however with continued applications the color is getting deeper and auburn on my grays is getting deeper too.

mshoneyfly

My henna last night was awesome. I was afraid of all the waiting and extra mixing so I bought a premade henna gloss bar from Njoi Creations on etsy. It has awesome ingredients like honey, shea, brahmi, and amla. All I added was tea and conditioner. My hair feels thicker, soft, and strong and I noticed less shedding today. My hair color is a reddish brown but now it has a brighter tint to it and I like it! I'm in for life.

Babygrowth
This henna gloss bar sounds yummy!! :lick:
How do you use it? Is it a shampoo bar?

mshoneyfly

Yeah Khadijah(sp). She is great and gives personalized mixing ratios when asked. I emailed her to see what henna/indigo ratio I should use to stay close to my natural hair color. She was spot on however with continued applications the color is getting deeper and auburn on my grays is getting deeper too.

KiWiStyle

Cool!! I'll keep that in mind. I have only done two henna treatments so far but with the great results an all I can't see myself ever quitting.

Babygrowth

yaya24
KiWiStyle
HairPleaseGrow

I did not know this! I will go search this too later!!!
Babygrowth
This henna gloss bar sounds yummy!! :lick:
How do you use it? Is it a shampoo bar?

I broke it up into pieces poured hot tea over it and mixed my condish in and applied!