The Official Mane 'N Tail Users Club

tammiematthews

Re: The Official Mane \'N Tail Users Club

WHAT!!! PLEASE SAY IT AINT SO!!! Just when I found something that works! Is this going to be one of those things that say it kills braincells, then later they come back and say it dont? What did the FDA say? (can you tell, i'm in denial??)WTH is goin on here? Is this a conspiracy to detur us from getting longer, lovlier, healthier locs???
Aww hell!!

MonaLisa

The only two products that I have in my stash containing the MIT ingredient are my CON and Keracare Detangling Shampoos. I noted they are the last or next to last ingredient - so I'm taking that the concentration is minimal.

I have been using CON since I was young...I'm still standing! I'm still here! If I'm gonna go out...I'm going out with detangled hair! I ain't givin up my CON or Keracare. I'ma take my chances! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SouthernGirl

[ QUOTE ]
tammiematthews said:
WHAT!!! PLEASE SAY IT AINT SO!!! Just when I found something that works! Is this going to be one of those things that say it kills braincells, then later they come back and say it dont? What did the FDA say? (can you tell, i'm in denial??)WTH is goin on here? Is this a conspiracy to detur us from getting longer, lovlier, healthier locs???
Aww hell!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You know I'm on this one girlie like nobody's business!!! Research is my middle name so I'm seeing what else I can dig up!! At least we're still safe with the conditioner, but DANG!! Just when I find something that works /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

Armyqt

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
The only two products that I have in my stash containing the MIT ingredient are my CON and Keracare Detangling Shampoos. I noted they are the last or next to last ingredient - so I'm taking that the concentration is minimal.

I have been using CON since I was young...I'm still standing! I'm still here! If I'm gonna go out...I'm going out with detangled hair! I ain't givin up my CON or Keracare. I'ma take my chances! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

SouthernGirl

I hear you Army!!! I thought that too for a moment. I just posted this on the other Mane N Tail thread, FYI...

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SouthernGirl said:
Here are the ingredients:

Water, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Emulsifying Wax NF, Cetyl Alcohol, Coconut Oil, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Vegetable Oil, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Protein, Lanolin, Phenoxyethanol, Methlparaben, Propylparaben, FD&C Yellow #5.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so I posted this ingredients list the other day and I don't see the ingredient METHYLISOTHIAZOLINE anywhere. Did I miss something or is it also called something else? Perhaps since they have different formulations, maybe some have MIT and some don't? Don't let me call the FDA!!!

ricochet

All Mane N tail users out here! If you have a Kroger grocery store in your area...The conditioner is on sale for $3.99 for 32 oz and ya'll KNOW I had to buy it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I just couldn't bear to leave the store without it! /images/graemlins/spinning.gif Oh and Daily Defense Tender Apple conditioner is on sale for .49 cents a bottle! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

mrslee

Love yourself first!

UGGH!! Never fails!! Just when you think you have found something good, something bad comes lurking out! I hope this is not true! Although I wasnt using the M/T shampoo anyway, maybe that was my intuition telling me not to. But I love the CON! I am going to stick with it. Afterall, I dont think we can steer away from every harmful chemical, we would go nuts trying to! I think there is more chemicals in food we eat vs. what we wash our hair with.

bronxchick

Candied Yam

Count me in! I just started my daily Surge and will continue with my 2x weekly washes (one poo, one Con) and see what happens.

SouthernGirl

Welcome Bronxchic!!! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I agree w/ya Mrslee.

Micarae, thanks for the heads up about the conditioner!! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif I don't think we have a Kroger here, but I'll check so I can stock up!

kombov_dymond

I'm still gonna try MNT conditioner(at least).

I shouldn't have ONE brain cell left if that's true about the poos(Pantene especially). I hope I've gained a couple since I've only been COing! /images/graemlins/spinning.gif

*I know this is serious*

mrslee

Love yourself first!

LOL!!! OK!!! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Desert Skye

Ok u people r out to ruin me i know it. I havent bought the COn yet but i did try the hair dress because my hair loves grease especially in the winter and i happend to run out. I bought some M/T headdress and the ends of my hair is moisturised. I dont think many people on this board will like it because it has mineral oil but it doesnt cause my hair any problems. I will def try to conditioner soon.

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
glossyxlipz said:
Ok u people r out to ruin me i know it. I havent bought the COn yet but i did try the hair dress because my hair loves grease especially in the winter and i happend to run out. I bought some M/T headdress and the ends of my hair is moisturised. I dont think many people on this board will like it because it has mineral oil but it doesnt cause my hair any problems. I will def try to conditioner soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, Kitchen_tician put me back on to grease and my hair loves it. Gonna scope the website again and check out this headdress you speak of! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

mrslee

Love yourself first!

Girl, I think Kitchen_tician has everybody back on grease!! I love it!

SouthernGirl

This is so funny /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Looks like we're all sticking to the conditioner. Ya'll are cracking me up over here! I love this site

mrslee

Love yourself first!

YEP!! I would hate to think everytime I used the shampoo I am jackin gup my brain cells! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MonaLisa

Repeating from other thread...

Okaaaaaaay...I did some looking at the ingredients online...Apparently it's only the Mane and Tail DEEP MOISTURIZING SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER that has the "deadly brain eroding element" as an ingredient...NOT THE ORIGINAL MNT SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER!

*My name is Mona and I endorse this message*

SouthernGirl

Mona, girl you are just too quick for me!!!

I just got home and I stopped at Sally BS to check the ingredients. You are absolutely correct! Looks like we're safe with the regular formulation, which is the one I've always used.

I called the company for an official statement (wondering why they would put it in one of the shampoos and not the other, so as soon as they get back to me I'll let ya know.

Thanks again Mona! You always come through!!! /images/graemlins/up.gif

MonaLisa

Nooooooooooo...she did not call up the company!!! She's not plaaaayiiiingggggg!!!! Whew.

Why is this turning into an episode of The West Wing??

I'm glad at least one burning question for the day has been answered.

*Stay tuned*

SouthernGirl

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
Nooooooooooo...she did not call up the company!!! She's not plaaaayiiiingggggg!!!! Whew.

Why is this turning into an episode of The West Wing??

I'm glad at least one burning question for the day has been answered.

*Stay tuned*

[/ QUOTE ]

I know Mona! Sorry for the afternoon drama, /images/graemlins/frown.gif but when I like something I tend to stick with it and it's so hard for me to find a replacement! It's a good thing I didn't know about this site when Prescriptives decided to discontinue the Traceless Tinted Moisturizer Level 3 1/2!!!!!!! OMG, I called the company, wrote letters, and had my friends on each coast buying the last few bottles at every department store! I also bought the last 2 on EBAY!

The plus side of it though is that if I recommend something to ya'll, you can rest assured that it's been researched to no end! Oh well, TMI about me. I'll just go back into Internet land and keep my little quirks hidden. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I love research. It's what I do!

MonaLisa

Girl please...what drama?? I'm laughing...I'm a research freak myself! My friends know that about me. They call me the news lady...

And folks are just going by that head of hair of yours...we trust you... /images/graemlins/wink.gif

tammiematthews

....So does this mean I went out and bought the Deep MNT for nothin'? I can use it at all? (once again in denial) What did the FDA say about this? I refuse to see my 3.59 go to waste like this.

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
tammiematthews said:
....So does this mean I went out and bought the Deep MNT for nothin'? I can use it at all? (once again in denial) What did the FDA say about this? I refuse to see my 3.59 go to waste like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tammie....this really isn't funny...but I'm sorry...I bust out laughing just now when I read this...cause I could feel the whole pizzed off vibe!! Please try and find out if you can take it back and exchange it if you want to have peace of mind.

But if it's one of the last or next to last ingredients, I feel the concentration is very low and probably will not cause any harm.

My CON and Keracare shampoos have a low concentration of "the killer rat brain" chemical and I ain't givin up my CON or my Keracare. My motto...You gonna go...go with detangled hair. Ya feel me? LOL. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

tammiematthews

[ QUOTE ]
MonaLisa said:
[ QUOTE ]
tammiematthews said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Tammie....this really isn't funny...but I'm sorry...I bust out laughing just now when I read this...cause I could feel the whole pizzed off vibe!! Please try and find out if you can take it back and exchange it if you want to have peace of mind.

But if it's one of the last or next to last ingredients, I feel the concentration is very low and probably will not cause any harm.

My CON and Keracare shampoos have a low concentration of "the killer rat brain" chemical and I ain't givin up my CON or my Keracare. My motto...You gonna go...go with detangled hair. Ya feel me? LOL. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks MonaLisa,
I actuallly went under the sink to check the ingredients on all my poos and cons...I bought the Deep MNT from the little Asian BSS and I HIGHLY DOUBT that they're going to exchange (especially after I used it on my daughter's head) because of the "deadly rat brain" scare thingy. I may need some black and white,somewhere to back up my refund/exchange demand. Where is the article? And do I really wanna go through all of that? Mona-I'll just have to hang with you on this one. I wont use it on my daughter's hair, but I'll use it on mine. I guess my tombstone will read " Here Lies Tammie, Damn, her hair looked good!" LOL!!! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
tammiematthews said:

Thanks MonaLisa,
I actuallly went under the sink to check the ingredients on all my poos and cons...I bought the Deep MNT from the little Asian BSS and I HIGHLY DOUBT that they're going to exchange (especially after I used it on my daughter's head) because of the "deadly rat brain" scare thingy. I may need some black and white,somewhere to back up my refund/exchange demand. Where is the article? And do I really wanna go through all of that? Mona-I'll just have to hang with you on this one. I wont use it on my daughter's hair, but I'll use it on mine. I guess my tombstone will read " Here Lies Tammie, Damn, her hair looked good!" LOL!!! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl you got me laughing right now. That's right...she left this world..with a good looking head of hair. Bless her soul... /images/graemlins/angel.gif

SouthernGirl

Hey Mona and Tammie, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I haven't left you guys hanging! Work's just been hectic today and yesterday.

I spoke with Diane in Consumer Affairs for Mane N Tail. They do know about the article in Forbes and have confirmed that MIT is only in the Deep Moisturizing shampoo. It was also in the regular shampoo several years ago, but they stopped adding it a long time ago.

Diane has spoken with one of their onsite chemists, as well as the company that tests their product line (CIR), and they have all confirmed that the levels of MIT are not harmful enough to cause brain damage. Additionally, since you are rinsing the shampoo out of your hair, the chances are even slimmer that it could be harmful.

This may or may not be the case with other brands, but you'd have to check them out to be sure.

I'm sure they'll release a statement at some point because of all of this.

Thanks,
SG

MonaLisa

[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGirl said:
Hey Mona and Tammie, /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I haven't left you guys hanging! Work's just been hectic today and yesterday.

I spoke with Diane in Consumer Affairs for Mane N Tail. They do know about the article in Forbes and have confirmed that MIT is only in the Deep Moisturizing shampoo. It was also in the regular shampoo several years ago, but they stopped adding it a long time ago.

Diane has spoken with one of their onsite chemists, as well as the company that tests their product line (CIR), and they have all confirmed that the levels of MIT are not harmful enough to cause brain damage. Additionally, since you are rinsing the shampoo out of your hair, the chances are even slimmer that it could be harmful.

This may or may not be the case with other brands, but you'd have to check them out to be sure.

I'm sure they'll release a statement at some point because of all of this.

Thanks,
SG

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the followup SG! /images/graemlins/wave.gif

If you're not a journalist...then you have truly missed your calling dahling...lol. I swear...if I see a promo about this for "60 Minutes"...I'm gonna fall off of the couch...

SouthernGirl

Hey Babe,

You just might!!! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif That's a compliment. I always wanted to be a journalist, but I took another path. Now I just pretend.

"SouthernGirl, signing off. Back to you, Mona!" /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

miracle

I need to add another great MNT product to my "ever-growing" list. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

MNT Moisture Enriched Revitalizing Creme