The Lies of The New NOAH Movie

blazingthru

By Michael Buckingham
Posted 5 days ago
November 28th, 2013 6:00AM
Source: MichaelBuckingham.com

Answering Genesis gives a warning to everyone about the new NOAH movie, that is full of lies!

A few of the lies:

It appears as if every species was crammed in the Ark instead of just the kinds of animals, thus mocking the Ark account the same way secularists do today.
The Ark lands on a cliff next to a beach
Noah’s family only consists of his wife, three sons, and one daughter-in-law, contrary to the Bible.

From AiG

Do you really want your family/children to see such an unbiblical Hollywood portrayal of a very sobering event in Scripture, one that was a result of man’s wickedness? Do you want your kids to see Noah’s Ark portrayed by Hollywood as above, instead of the fact it was an Ark of salvation because of the grace of God—reminding us that as Noah and his family went through a door to be saved, so we need to go through a door?
My reply: ugh.

So we complain that Hollywood puts out nothing but filth and then when they do put out a movie that is based on the story of Noah we still find something to complain about? Come on people.

I saw the same thing when The Bible came out. Seemed some christians watched it simply to pick it apart as being “inaccurate”.
And when Don Miller put out Blue Like Jazz people were worse, condemning him and the movie.

Yes, I do see that there are likely some things that may not line up with the way we understand the story. I also understand that some of that is simply what we’ve filled in the spaces with; not scripture as much as how we’ve taught it. And folks, it’s a movie. While I hope they haven’t added/deleted anything that alters the truth of the bible, I don’t expect them not to throw a thing here and there to make it a compelling movie. Honestly, pastors do this every weekend as they put sermons together.

I also understand that some are cynical when it comes to things like this. I’m often a cynic as well, though hopefully the generous cynic. Maybe this is just someone finding a way to make a buck off of Christians flocking to a bible movie.

Speaking of cynic, is it a coincidence that the party pointing out all the lies is also creating a Noah theme park?

No, I don’t expect this to match up to the ultimate Christian movie, but I think it’s great that someone was compelled by the story of Noah enough to make a movie about it. My stance is the same I took when I found myself on Fox, etc. talking about the Davinci Code: if this movie stirs up conversation about scripture and God then it is a win.

Will you see NOAH, are you excited? Anyone boycotting?

Just in case you’ve not seen the trailer

http://youtu.be/6qmj5mhDwJQ

Tags: NOAH, Biblical Movies, conversation, Controversy, review, Opinions

blazingthru

Here are a few more problem areas seen in the rough cut of the film, most of which I expect to be in the final film:
In the film, Noah was robbed of his birthright by Tubal-Cain. The serpent’s body (i.e., Satan), which was shed in Eden, was their “birthright reminder.” It also doubled with magical power that they would wrap around their arm. So weird!
Noah’s family only consists of his wife, three sons, and one daughter-in-law, contrary to the Bible.
It appears as if every species was crammed in the Ark instead of just the kinds of animals, thus mocking the Ark account the same way secularists do today.
“Rocks” (that seem to be fallen angels) build the Ark with Noah!
Methuselah (Noah’s grandfather) is a type of witch-doctor, whose mental health is questionable.
Tubal-Cain defeats the Rocks who were protecting the finished Ark.
A wounded Tubal-Cain axes his way inside the Ark in only about ten minutes and then hides inside. Tubal-Cain then convinces the middle son to lure Noah to the bottom of the Ark in order to murder him (because he was not allowed a wife in the Ark). Tubal-Cain stays alive by eating hibernating lizards. The middle son of Noah has a change of heart and helps kill Tubal-Cain instead.
Noah becomes almost crazy as he believes the only purpose to his family’s existence was to help build the Ark for the “innocent” animals (this is a worship of creation).
Noah repeatedly tells his family that they were the last generation and were never to procreate. So when his daughter-in-law becomes pregnant, he vows to murder his own grandchild. But he finally has a change of heart.
Noah does not have a relationship with God but rather with circumstances and has deadly visions of the Flood.
The Ark lands on a cliff next to a beach.
After the Flood Noah becomes so distant from his family that he lives in a cave, getting drunk by the beach.

Last edited:

blazingthru

it would be so nice if Hollywood would do something to please God and not pocketbooks. but that is never to be the case. I was like yeah! I am going to see this movie, it looks interesting, but then after you read the critiques your like what! and what!, Nope its trash its to much to sit through a lie.

Philippians 4:8
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
8 [a]Furthermore, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are worthy love, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue, or if there be any praise, think on these things.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Thank you for sharing this Blaz... :yep:

Hollywood has always 'added' their own 'flavor' to Biblical movies.

From The Ten Commandments with Charleton Heston, to the Bible series that aired this year on the History channel... and this series was written / produced by a Christian husband and wife, who've 'read' the Bible.

One day, someone will get it right and I hope it happens before Jesus returns...

Love you Sweetheart and I'm glad you posted this. The Truth still has to be told about these movies to make others aware.

:bighug:

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
http://www.jw.org/en/publications/videos/

Someone did get it right.
Scroll down to the Noah video.

Thank you for sharing this Blaz... :yep:

Hollywood has always 'added' their own 'flavor' to Biblical movies.

From The Ten Commandments with Charleton Heston, to the Bible series that aired this year on the History channel... and this series was written / produced by a Christian husband and wife, who've 'read' the Bible.

One day, someone will get it right and I hope it happens before Jesus returns...

Love you Sweetheart and I'm glad you posted this. The Truth still has to be told about these movies to make others aware.

:bighug:

blazingthru

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/videos/

Someone did get it right.
Scroll down to the Noah video.

Thanks for your post however, there is a problem with the movie the very beginning of the movie is incorrect. Angels cannot have sex. lets research in the scriptures to see that the Son's of God was not the angels. But those who followed God and kept separate from those who did not.

Lets let the bible explain itself, see if we faulter in one area we will probably faulter in many other areas concerning the word of God.

Who are the Sons of God?

ADAM was the son of God. Luke 3

Luke 3:37-38
King James Version (KJV)
37 Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,

38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

1 John 3:1
King James Version (KJV)
3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

So now we know that in two areas in the bible there may be more, but lets just say these two for now explain that those who are committed to God are the sons of God.

After Cain killed Abel, Adam and Eve had another son named Seth. And Seth, it says, feared the Lord. Seth and his descendants were children of God. Cain was carnal Enos. That means he was a mortal man. He did not have everlasting life. As long as they remained separate, the truth of God was preserved but when the sons of God began to marry - the children of Seth began to intermarry with the daughters of Cain - then that distinction, that holiness, it evaporated. That's why the next verse says God said My Spirit will not always strive with man. He's got 120 years before the flood. And so the sons of God were the descendents of Seth that were true to the Lord. They still offered sacrifice to God. The daughters of men were the daughters of Cain's descendents who had not the knowledge of God preserved.

Genesis 6:4 is Nephilim. It means a steller, a bully, a tyrant, a giant is the Hebrew translation.

Last edited:

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
I saw the trailer and was impressed that a biblical story was getting A-list production and casting. Too often, Christian-themed movies are low budget and not of good artistic quality. Obviously I've not seen it, so can't judge the things mentioned. Though, I can say, that it was clear that Noah is presented as a man who hears from God--something like "He always talks to you." But again, it was a trailer--so maybe I misunderstood.

Also, there are Christians that believe the Nephilim were fallen angels who procreated with women. It is not cut and dry as to their identity.

And Noah saving every species makes a mockery of the story? I think that it's one thing to be on the alert for things that go against the message of the story. It's another thing to nitpick the difference between "kinds" and "species."

Also, the reality is that we really don't know all the details of what transpired, only the overarching events.

blazingthru

The King James Bible uses the term “sons of God” 11 times in two primary ways. However, it never uses the term to refer to an angelic being.

“He who makes his angels spirits …” (Psalms 104:4). Angels are spirits; they are not flesh. They are all around us now, but we cannot see them. They generally remain in their spiritual form and have no physical integration in our world—they don’t go to school, get jobs, or raise families. They are here to “minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation” (Hebrews 1:14).

Even if they wanted to marry and have babies, they couldn't; they don’t have human DNA. It would be easier for a jellyfish to marry a mountain goat than for angels to marry people. Thus, it doesn't make practical sense to believe that our passage in Genesis refers to the marriage of angels, fallen or holy, to humans.

Angels are not born; they are created. If God wanted more angels, He wouldn't need to marry them off to humans or other angels to reproduce. He could create them from scratch. Speaking of Lucifer, God said, “The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes Was prepared for you on the day you were created (Ezekiel 28:13 NKJV, emphasis added).

Moreover, Jesus tells us plainly that angels do not marry. Marriage is a uniquely human institution, reserved for mankind. “For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven” (Matthew 22:30). Mark and Luke suggest the same thing: “Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God” (Luke 20:36; some translations render it “sons of God”). Notice here that Jesus makes a distinction between angels and sons of God. They are classified separately, which means they are not the same thing.

So if the sons of God are not angels, what are they?

While the sons of God were not space invaders, the Bible does appear to teach that there is other life in the cosmos. It is clear in Scripture that Jesus made other planets: God “has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds” (Hebrews 1:2 NKJV).

In the parable of the lost sheep, the Earth represents the one lost sheep, a wandering world that went astray, the one Christ came to save. It’s easy to imagine that God, in His infinite existence, created other worlds with other physical beings. Of course, we know He had seraphim and cherubim and other angels prior to our world, so at a minimum we know there are at least those extraterrestrial creatures. “For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth” (Colossians 1:16 NKJV). “And every creature which is in heaven and on the earth ... I heard saying: ‘Blessing and honor and glory and power Be to Him who sits on the throne, And to the Lamb, forever and ever!’ ” (Revelation 5:13 NKJV).

However, most of these other created beings do not visit this world. The Earth is infected with a deadly contagious disease called sin, and we are likely quarantined. The only ones allowed to go into a quarantined hospital ward are the hospital staff; in this case, God’s angels. They are ministering spirits.

Thousands of years ago, an intriguing meeting took place in heaven. “Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them” (Job 1:6).

In attendance at this meeting are sons of God, as well as Satan himself. Satan says that he has come from the Earth. The sons of God were there representing their un-fallen worlds in God’s universe. Satan was there to represent the Earth.

Why would Satan be representing our world? Originally, Adam had dominion over the Earth. He was created by God to subdue and manage it. God said to Adam and Eve, “Have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth on the earth” (Genesis 1:28).

While Adam was in obedience to God, he enjoyed dominion over the world. But once Adam sinned and obeyed Satan, that dominion was forfeited to the enemy. “To whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death, or of obedience leading to righteousness” (Romans 6:16 NKJV).

Even Jesus referred to Satan as “the prince of this world” (John 12:31).

In the Gospel of Luke, the genealogy of Jesus is traced all the way back to Adam. Notice what Luke says about this lineage: “the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God” (Luke 3:38, emphasis added).

The difference between Seth and Adam is the bellybutton. Adam was created by the hand of God; Seth was born of Eve. Adam was the son of God, created to have dominion over the Earth. Thus one definition for sons of God is those beings God Himself created to have dominion over the worlds He made. These beings were not born but were created directly by God.

Job 38:7 tells us that when our world was created, “the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy.” The “morning stars” are angels, whereas “the sons of God” are the leaders of other worlds. (See Revelation 1:20.)

With that cleared up, let’s talk about the second way the term “sons of God” is used.

blazingthru

The other meaning of sons of God refers to human beings who have been recreated by God’s Spirit. “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God” (Romans 8:14). Matthew 5:9 adds, “Blessed are the peacemakers, For they shall be called sons of God” (NKJV).

Here Jesus is obviously referring to human beings, but not just any human beings; these are peacemakers, the righteous children of God. In no way should this be construed to refer to angels or aliens.

“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name” (John 1:12). Notice that there were those who were not sons of God, but that through receiving Him became sons of God.

It should be mentioned that “sons of God” doesn’t mean just males. Many Bible translations render the phrase “children of God.” Galatians 3:26 says, “For you are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.” It is by faith that a man or woman becomes a “child of God.” (See also Isaiah 56:5; Philippians 2:15.)

The inescapable conclusion from these verses and others is that the sons of God in Genesis 6 refers to the righteous children of God.

The term “daughters of men,” therefore, refers to the unrighteous children of men, those human beings who do not call on the name of the Lord. In the context of our Bible passage, “daughters of men” refers to the offspring of Cain and his wife.

Originally, Adam and Eve had two sons, Cain and Abel. Cain murdered Abel, so God gave Adam and Eve another son, Seth. He began to have children of his own, and they “began to call on the name of the Lord” (Genesis 4:25, 26). And from what we’ve seen in the Bible, those who call on the name of the Lord are called the sons of God.

Now Cain had been banished from God’s presence. He settled “in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden. And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch” (Genesis 4:16–18).

Here, before the Flood, we have the descendants of Cain living in cities and the descendants of Seth living in the country. As long as they remained separate, the sons of God remained pure in their religious beliefs and practices.

However, eventually they began to intermingle. Maybe the sons of God needed supplies that could be easily obtained in the cities where the daughters of men resided. The sons of God and daughters of men became familiar with each other, even friendly. Whatever the case, soon the descendants of Seth, or sons of God, began to marry the daughters of men, or the descendants of Cain.

blazingthru

It’s even quite possible the sons of God went into this situation with good intentions. Maybe they believed they could convert these daughters of Cain, introducing them to the Lord their God. However, the counsel of God is clear:

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God (2 Corinthians 6:14–18).

God does not want His children marrying the unconverted or the unbelieving, even if they have a pretty face, the nicest disposition, or a passionate belief in another religion. It makes no difference; God says that relationship will have problems.

So the result of these intermarriages was not only giants, but sorrow. Instead of the sons of God influencing the daughters of men, the daughters of men influenced the sons of God.

Neither shalt thou make marriages with them; thy daughter thou shalt not give unto his son, nor his daughter shalt thou take unto thy son. For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the Lord be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly (Deuteronomy 7:3, 4; emphasis added).

The Bible is filled with stories about the sons of God mingling with the daughters of men and the disasters that follow as a result. Samson, chosen by God, was derailed by the Philistine women. His parents pled with him to avoid marrying a pagan bride, but he insisted on having what he wanted (Judges 14:3).

Solomon no doubt believed that he could marry the daughters from pagan nations and convert them. However, those pagan daughters drew away Solomon’s heart. This is why God is so adamant about His children not marrying unbelievers. It is almost always the case that the believer is gradually transformed by the unbeliever, not the other way around.

Jesus likewise has a warning for us in these end-times:

But as the days of [Noah] were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that [Noah] entered into the ark (Matthew 24:37, 38).

Jesus here is likely referring to the mixed marriages of Genesis 6 that brought on the universal wickedness leading to the Flood.

As in Noah’s day, before the Flood, things that led to the destruction of the world with a deluge by water are going to happen again. They are a preview of what’s going to happen before the destruction of the world by a flood of fire when Jesus returns. History is going to repeat itself, but we don’t have to be among the repeat offenders.

Adoption Choices
Not everyone who thinks they are a son or daughter of God really is. The Pharisees boasted to Jesus that they were the children of Abraham. Jesus corrected them. “If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham” (John 8:39). This is a simple principle to test our heritage. Which “father” do we follow in our actions? Jesus told the religious leaders, “Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do” (John 8:44).

When we are born again and adopted into the family of God, we will want to imitate our heavenly Father. “He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked” (1 John 2:6 NKJV).

If you are not a son or daughter of God now, the wonderful news is that you can choose a new family.

By faith Moses, when he became of age, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter, choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God than to enjoy the passing pleasures of sin, esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt; for he looked to the reward (Hebrews 11:24–26 NKJV).

When called by God, Moses traded in his Egyptian adoption for a heavenly one. Through Jesus, you can too.

When the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ (Galatians 4:4–7 NKJV).

BostonMaria

I will probably go see it with DH. I just want to see the flood scene and I love Russel Crow.

After the Flood Noah becomes so distant from his family that he lives in a cave, getting drunk by the beach.

WHAT?! Ahahaha
People to need to read the bible and know the facts. If a Christian believes this then shame on them.

And as far as the Nephilim, I've always believed they were fallen angels.

seraphim712

I will probably go see it with DH. I just want to see the flood scene and I love Russel Crow.

WHAT?! Ahahaha
People to need to read the bible and know the facts. If a Christian believes this then shame on them.

And as far as the Nephilim, I've always believed they were fallen angels.

I thought the Nephilim were the offspring produced from the Sons of God and daughters of men...

LadyRaider

What on earth does this mean?

"It appears as if every species was crammed in the Ark instead of just the kinds of animals,"

Iwanthealthyhair67

I'm no expert on the subject, but how do you account for the size of the off spring of the children that resulted from the union of the sons of God and daughters of men. (giants, men of renown), who are the angels that did not keep their first estate, who in similar manner as (S&G) went after strange flesh.

also Angels can take on human form, remember Sodom and Gomorrah the residents wanted to have sex with the Angels who were obviously in human form this tells me that they can assume any gender that they want, based on this I believe they can have sex were not made to but can ..they obviously can feel, Satan felt pride and wanted to be worshipped as God is.

Last edited:

blazingthru

I'm no expert on the subject, but how do you account for the size of the off spring of the children that resulted from the union of the sons of God and daughters of men. (giants, men of renown), who are the angels that did not keep their first estate, who in similar manner as (S&G) went after strange flesh.

also Angels can take on human form, remember Sodom and Gomorrah the residents wanted to have sex with the Angels who were obviously in human form this tells me that they can assume any gender that they want, based on this I believe they can have sex were not made to but can ..they obviously can feel, Satan felt pride and wanted to be worshipped as God is.

We always want to make sure what we believe aligns with the word, The Bible always explains itself, so its really not open to any one interpretation we have to research complicating subjects and prayerfully seek the truth. Angels do not have sex, no matter what we think, they do not have sex with humans or each other, Remember Sex is a gift for humans. Angels cannot procreate. The Devil can not make a child, he cannot create, nor do the angels have that power. Remember they are created beings, they were not born. Yes they can take the shape of humans but they cannot have sex with us. They can cause others to do violent and evil things but then these are not angels they are demons. The Sons of God are explained above.