The Dreaded Fly-Aways...

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
and/or broken hairs. How in the world do I get them to stay down? The pic is my hair today after a relaxer and flat iron (done at home). No, its not static-y... they just stand up like that once I'm done. They get on my nerves, but I just ignore them most of the time. But when I'm going out, I'd love to be able to tame those suckers and make them lay down. Any suggestions?

2012-06-23 21.50.06-1.jpg

View attachment 2012-06-23 21.49.48.jpg

PatTodd

When I was relaxed, I would rub a tiny drop of gel and pomade together in my hands, smooth it down and tie on a silk scarf for a feew minutes. if your hairstyle can't tolerate the moisture In the gel, you may be able to make it work with just the pomade and scarf.

BlaqBella

I hated tose when I was relaxed, and I still get them sometimes after a flat iron as a natural. But I agree with the above post it used to work for me when I was relaxed.

LunaGorgeous

More than likely they're not broken, and are just new hairs that have been growing. If you can, use a boar hair brush to smooth it down.

danysedai

Mine are broken hairs in the crown from improper bunning and ponies. I use ORS Smooth n hold pudding, just a tiny bit to smooth them down.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Perhaps some serum or a little dab of a creamy leave-in? I used to use HE LTR (old formula :() on my relaxed hair after flat ironing. Made my hair smell really good and also made it very soft. Maybe try Garnier Fructis' leave-in from their sleek and shine line. It's called smooth...somethin...I think lol.