The Book of ELI

blazingthru

I went to the movies yesterday and saw the book of Eli normally I would not have seen it. My daughter convince me to see it. I do not go to movies like I use to I use to be a movie buff- I went to the movies pretty much weekly for many years and raised my kids to be into movies like me, One of the things we do when we go to the movies is we sit down and discuss the movie sometimes for days. We will remember a part and talk about it. My kids are all grown and we still do that, its almost important to us to talk about it get new understandings I guess. so the movie Eli I would recommend. its a great movie to sit and talk about and break some things down its been four days and my children and I still are talking about it. Its not for kids there is violence and cursing but it still a movie I would strongly recommend. Its really give you a better way of looking at the word of God in a new light, when you walk out of the movie theater and it makes you think about your life right now and what your doing. I walked away from it ( I can't tell you all, it would spoil the movie) with a renewed hope and a stronger committment to be faithful. Your thoughts are welcome.

Last edited:

Prudent1

Thanks! I haven't seen it yet but it does look like it is a good movie.

:update:
I did go see this movie and I wanted to thank you for recommending it. I really enjoyed it:yep:. It does make you think.

Last edited:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I saw it a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed the movie. It was really surprising near the end.

tailormade84

i agree - i feel like the moral of the story is to appreciate the precious word of God and how accessible it is to us. (though the movie was a bit crass/harsh at some points)

I definitely walked away thankful :)

Marhia

I agree, it was a good movie, it makes you look at your walk and put things in perspective

FriscoGirl

It was a really good movie. Plus I'm a HUGE fan of Denzel and he was excellent in this movie (as always).... "walk by faith and not by sight"

loolalooh

Alright, I just got back from the movies. A BIG two thumbs up from me. It's worth watching ... I think I'll watch it again or get it on DVD. I want to have a memory like Eli's when I "grow up".

Anyway, I wish I could share more, but I'm good at spoiling movies so I'll just keep my mouth shut. :grinwink: Definitely cosign with the reviewers though!

song_of_serenity

I was giving it a side eye and wondering if it was one of "those movies" (like Legion which you know is taking God's word and twisting it up in a way) but now that I see you ladies have recommended it, I will catch it.
Not a movie goer but will watch the DVD when it comes out!

humblebyHIM

PS:BSL 2016
I just got the Movie. I have been putting off watching it but i think I wil definitely watch it tonight when I get off work.

ETA: Saw it last night. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. :woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::woot::bouncegre I was so moved I jumped up and read a scripture this morning when I got up.:bookworm: Really renewed my faith in His Word. Which I need everyday where I am at.:angel:

Last edited:

Uber

oooh thanks for that OP. My hubbie mentioned to me that we should go and see it. I'm looking forward to it now. Thanks for the recommendation

divya

I completely with your assessment of the movie, Blazing. My friend and I saw it, and we were both pleasantly surprised. The movie does make you think about life overall and the value of the Holy Scriptures. We are so blessed to have those Words, and they truly hold the key to life.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Thank you ladies for being considerate and not spoiling it for me... lol

:up:

God bless

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Excellent movie. I saw it a couple of weeks ago, and plan on getting it once it is on DVD

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
^^^Your post just reminded me. I used to do "date nights" at the movies w/ my 'son' when he was younger and before I got married... It'll be a nice family outing this time around; cause I've already declared and decreed earlier this week we're all gonna see this movie... they both looked at me like I'm :spinning:

:laugh:

PG480

I was randomly approached by a guy at the movie theater ( I was there for another movie) who must have said to me 1o times that I must go see the Book of Eli. I had no clue what it was about and he refused to tell me what it was about, he just kept stressing it to me. Now that I see the reviews on the board I'm thinking I need to check this movie out....I'm going to go today.