The best lacefront wig!

lanihenderson

Ladies,

I need your help, I want to purchase a lacefront wig to help with protective styling. I'm tired of purchasing these throw away synthetic wigs.

So my question to the board is.......where can I purchase a great lace front? I'm a little skeptical to purchase online from a random company, without a referral. I trust you ladies here, I welcome and will take all suggestions.

Thanks,

JLove74

I don't have any suggestions for vendors, but you may want to contact LHCFer atlien11 - her lace fronts ALWAYS looked great.

RegaLady

Ladies,

I need your help, I want to purchase a lacefront wig to help with protective styling. I'm tired of purchasing these throw away synthetic wigs.

So my question to the board is.......where can I purchase a great lace front? I'm a little skeptical to purchase online from a random company, without a referral. I trust you ladies here, I welcome and will take all suggestions.

Thanks,

May I add your short hair is so pretty on you! :grin:Around where I live, they now have beauty supplies carrying lace fronts!:shocked:

fancypants007

Ladies,

Thanks,

I'm going to do the same thing. I want to wear my hair in protective style for about a year and instead of buying synthetic wigs, I decided to purchase a full lace wig. I pmed Atileen but I'm still waiting to hear from her. I just did my own search and found a website http://www.rpgshow.com and I purchased a full lace wig from them. I got it custom made so I probably won't get it until the end of May. I choose from one of their styles and I got one that resembled my own texturized hair. I can't wait to get it. I understand with lace wigs that the adhesive/tape can be the the trial and error part of wearing them. I want mine to stay on for about 7-10 days because I want to try to wash, deep condition my own hair once a week. You can also look at NClady recent post about her lace wig that she applied herself. She did a very good job. She says she will soon be selling them, but I don't know when that will be. Anyhow, check out that website. There are sooooo many, I just hope this one works for me.

atlien11

FancyPants,

GURRRRL i am so sorry. I didnt realize i didnt respond to your PM. I get a lot of them regarding Lacefronts and i didnt see the little ICON next to your name saying i responded . MY BAD!!

Anywho, the lacefront thing...is...interesting. It really is about a good vendor, but more so about how you take care of your wig and if you have a good stylist to cut it. IMO lacefronts arent something you take out of the bag and just put on your head. They need to be thinned, cut to frame you face and perhaps even colored. Ive had mine low-lighted so that they look the most natural.

Here is the email address of the last vendor i used for the Chinese Virgin Remy wig, he is good for stock units: alex dong <[email protected]>

Just email him and ask for him to send you a list of his stock wigs and prices. He is very reasonable and his wigs are quality. Here is his Fokti: http://public.fotki.com/lacefrontwig/

Here are some fokti's/websites of other wig vendors i have tried:
http://public.fotki.com/Jacksun/
http://public.fotki.com/lydiagao/
http://public.fotki.com/rex7197/

I hope that helps! let me know what you decide to try and get :grin:

atlien11

Thank you StillALady!

Here are some things that i didnt post:

Regarding an adhesive i used tape because i didnt like the chemical content in the glue adhesive. PLUS i didnt like the fact that they can take your hairline out if you arent careful (which isnt the point, the point is to GROW your hair/hairline ). I placed the tape along the circumfernece of a wig cap, and i set the wig in place. The hold would last about 4 - 5 days. Each night i took my wig off because this preserves the life of the wig AND honestly, its just uncomfortable to me to sleep in a wig.

Under my wig i would just braid my hair in cornrows. Every 8-10 days i would take it down and wash it, deep condition it, and braid it right back up. It was WONDERFUL!!! My hair grew thick and long. We always wonder how guys grow their hair long...well thats how.

About once a month i would trim and i gave myself a protein treatment once throughout my whole 6-8 months of wearing it.

I cant truly measure how much new growth i got (partially because i dont know how :rolleyes:) but it was ALOT!! Crazy. By the time i got a relaxer the stylist was looking at me like i was a nut :drunk: I also was trimming out the affirm perm i had on my ends (WHICH IS NOW ALL GONE ) so i probably would have had more.

Its the perfect length now and thickness. PLUS i didnt have to do my hair for 6-8 months!!! Loved it but im happy to have my hair back.

-atlien11