THE BARBER SHOP stood still When I walked in :)

CHECKMATE!

...:eek: ...I forgot how men act when they see a black woman with some "hair"...I walked into the barber shop to have my son's hair cut,BTW I just finished my 12wk stretch and Im 1inch shy of APL now:D ...anyhow, when I walked in the door,there was a slight wind and my hair was "swanging" behind my shoulders,it felt sooooo good:grin: ...i was in my own hair world (NG growth st8...warm spring day in Brooklyn...it was beautiful)...Ok,so I walked in 1st and my son to follow...there was complete SILENCE,the barber stopped cutting his client's head,customers turned around...:lol: ...I thought something happened,like I broke the door or sumthin':lol: ...the barber said to me "is that your little brother or your son?...u r beautiful" ;) ...and went to give me a high five...I left the shop,acting as if I needed to go to the store,...embarrassed:p ...but i thought it was cute:look:

Desert Skye

Aww that was a cute story. But I dont think it was just because of the hair though, you really are a pretty girl overall.

SvelteVelvet

:lol: Lol..I felt like that all yesterday right after I left the salon all feathery. I had to go get my nails done, then go grocery shopping and stopped at a few other places, it was a beautiful yet windy day and yeah a whole lot of swingin going on. It's great, it's like being in your own hair commercial

SvelteVelvet

glossyxlipz said:
Aww that was a cute story. But I dont think it was just because of the hair though, you really are a pretty girl overall.

True dat! It's not always about just the hair, probably the whole package and the fact that you're a woman walking into the barbar shop. Men have no shame, especially on their turf.

IMFOCSD

patiencevirtue said:
...:eek: ...I forgot how men act when they see a black woman with some "hair"...I walked into the barber shop to have my son's hair cut,BTW I just finished my 12wk stretch and Im 1inch shy of APL now:D ...anyhow, when I walked in the door,there was a slight wind and my hair was "swanging" behind my shoulders,it felt sooooo good:grin: ...i was in my own hair world (NG growth st8...warm spring day in Brooklyn...it was beautiful)...Ok,so I walked in 1st and my son to follow...there was complete SILENCE,the barber stopped cutting his client's head,customers turned around...:lol: ...I thought something happened,like I broke the door or sumthin':lol: ...the barber said to me "is that your little brother or your son?...u r beautiful" ;) ...and went to give me a high five...I left the shop,acting as if I needed to go to the store,...embarrassed:p ...but i thought it was cute:look:

Thats cute, you go girl wit yo bad self,:up: men are a trip.:yep: I agree with glossyxlipz, you are pretty!:)

CHECKMATE!

Awwwwww...thank u Glossy:) ...u r beautiful as well,and your hair is gorgeous;)
glossyxlipz said:

CHECKMATE!

SvelteVelvet said:
:lol: Lol..I felt like that all yesterday right after I left the salon all feathery. I had to go get my nails done, then go grocery shopping and stopped at a few other places, it was a beautiful yet windy day and yeah a whole lot of swingin going on. It's great, it's like being in your own hair commercial

it sure does:lol:

antoine

girl please as pretty as you are - i am sure a pony tail would have caused the same reaction. you go girl.

Softresses

patiencevirtue said:

thanks ST:) ...your hair is beautiful as well;)

Your welcome! and thank you.

Someone else said it in another thread and I agree, I think all the gorgeous women hang out on this board.:lol:

Softresses

Lady Esquire

i agree that long healthy flowing hair does enhance a woman's beauty, 'cause when i am all done up, i do have an extra bounce in my walk, and i am more confident which makes the boyz look even harder.

but if you were *****, you would be just a ***** chick who simply had long hair. obviously you are a pretty woman who can stop a shop and turn some heads....go on girl.!!!:D

godsflowerrr

"da men all pause when you walked in to the room"......remember that song from the group Klymaxx?? this thread brought back memories of that song and video lol.............. you go gurl? like the other ladies said....it wasn't just the hair because u r really pretty!:)

Cholet112

Stuff like this makes it easier to make the sacrifices to acheive our hair goals. Girl, Im surprised one of the barbers didnt take a little extra off the top of one of their clients!!!

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
patiencevirtue said:

Patience, I am fully convinced that they were drawn to your overall beauty. The hair was an added bonus, but you could've been completedly balled and the fellas would've still been flabbergasted by your beauty. :kiss:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Cholet112 said:
Stuff like this makes it easier to make the sacrifices to acheive our hair goals!!!

True dat! All the hard work and effort we put into this hair thing makes it all worth it when people notice. HoneyDew had a thread about people noticing her hair. I think others have expressed that great feeling of knowing that people are looking and appreciating the effort. I too, am finally getting people to notice my hair and to comment on how healthy it's looking. It's not the same as saying that our self-esteem is based on what others say; however, we all crave for that acknowledgement from time to time. And if it's the hair that is receiving the compliments, then all the better. It makes us feel good. And furthermore, we know that we are here on this forum and doing the right thing to help one another achieve our goals.

Way to go, PatienceVirtue. You deserve all that and more...;)

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
PV,

Your thread title made me so excited to read it! It's good to see other beautiful black women being admired respectfully. Bless your heart though--I know that having all of those folks veering at you probably made you nervous. Good job with playing it like you needed to go to the store!

I hope it made your day. :)

CHECKMATE!

LadyEsquire said:
i agree that long healthy flowing hair does enhance a woman's beauty, 'cause when i am all done up, i do have an extra bounce in my walk, and i am more confident which makes the boyz look even harder.

but if you were *****, you would be just a ***** chick who simply had long hair. obviously you are a pretty woman who can stop a shop and turn some heads....go on girl.!!!:D

yes,the swagger is definitely there when the hair is "did":lol: ...and thank u 4 the kind words,your hair looks great:D

CHECKMATE!

godsflowerrr said:
"da men all pause when you walked in to the room"......remember that song from the group Klymaxx?? this thread brought back memories of that song and video lol.............. you go gurl? like the other ladies said....it wasn't just the hair because u r really pretty!:)

thanks GF...u r making me blush:p

CHECKMATE!

Cholet112 said:
Stuff like this makes it easier to make the sacrifices to acheive our hair goals. Girl, Im surprised one of the barbers didnt take a little extra off the top of one of their clients!!!

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: they would have had a fit up in there:lachen:

CHECKMATE!

KiniKakes said:
What a GREAT story, awwww!!!! :D I know that just about made ure day!!![/quote]

it did:grin: ...Kini your blouse is FIRE!;) ...girl,we would have fun shopping i can tell by your siggy pics u take fashion SERIOUS!;) ...sidebar: I wish the SOHO Bloomies had more feminine tops :ohwell: ..anyhow,your hair is beautiful as always:)

*Michelle*

I agree...u r pretty and with pretty hair! Dem men knew you were the shiznit...hair flowin' and all! Go girl!!

klb120475

godsflowerrr said:

I started singing that song too when I first read the thread........:lachen:

ladylibra

girl yes... the barber shop is the place to go! LOL :lol:

i was just in there the other day, asking about prices... i'm planning to get my cornrows done there because it's like $25. :eek: no extensions but still... those braid shops would charge me three times! anyway... the questions and compliments were flying left and right. :grin: