**The '08 Vitamin Challenge**

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Tiffers:

Are the Exotic Allure vitamins working for you? I've been taking them since November and I find that the GNC Ultranourishair worked better for me. In fact, I don't think the Exotic Allure vitamins are working at all. Unfortunately, I signed up for a year long free shipping thing with them so it's going to be a while (although when I get a job I may just go ahead and pay the $20 to cancel).

You know, now that I think about it, I haven't noticed any extra growth! I've been taking them for two months and my hair's still growing slow as hell--as usual :perplexed

I know my other vits are working: the bamboo has cleared up my complexion and the msm has helped with my joint pain and softening my newgrowth. So IDK why I'm not seeing the effects of the Fast Grow....

I still have a half bottle of Ultra Nourishair, I'm gonna start taking it again after I finish this Fast Grow. The only thing I hate about the Nourishair is the size. I already have a hard time swallowing pills, and these big ol things always get stuck in my throat :nono:

Cassandra1975

You know, now that I think about it, I haven't noticed any extra growth! I've been taking them for two months and my hair's still growing slow as hell--as usual :perplexed

I know my other vits are working: the bamboo has cleared up my complexion and the msm has helped with my joint pain and softening my newgrowth. So IDK why I'm not seeing the effects of the Fast Grow....

I still have a half bottle of Ultra Nourishair, I'm gonna start taking it again after I finish this Fast Grow. The only thing I hate about the Nourishair is the size. I already have a hard time swallowing pills, and these big ol things always get stuck in my throat :nono:
UltraNourishHair is a big pill (well 2 pills, lol). I was also taking the GNC WOmen's Ultra Mega multivitamin, and the pills are the same size as the UNH.

Now I take:
Trader Joe's chewable multi vitamin
Flax seed oil - 1000 mg
Evening Primrose- 1000mg
MSM - 1500mg (talk about horse pills!)
Biotin - 5mg (this is the smallest little capsule I have ever seen)
Silica - I don't remember the dosage, I want to say 500mg?
GNC Ultra Nourish Hair
Caltrate chewable calcium - 2 tablets daily

I have been taking them since January and I feel like the hair that's growing in is much stronger than it was before, and has more sheen. People are telling me that it's growing fast, but I still feel like it's growing back pretty slow.

Channie

Didn't get to post yesterday...
Took my
1-A-Day Women's
Biotin (2.5 MG)

Today, took my
(1) One-A-Day Women's
(1) Biotin (2.5 mg)
(2) Skin*Hair*Nails w/ MSM
(1) Flaxseed Oil (1000 mg)

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Took all of my vitamins, but I really need to start sticking to a shedule, I'm pretty much all over the place, when taking them.:ohwell:

Guapa1

Taken my pills yesterday and today. My fish oils are coming to an end and as I'm not a budget, I'm not buying anymore.

I've got these vitamins that were recommended on here ages ago that I haven't taken. They have everything in it.

Alive!® supplements are the ultimate Whole Food Energizers™-- with more invigorating nutrients from more natural sources than any other product.
  • 29 Vitamins & Minerals
  • 24 Fruits & Veggies
  • 14 Green Foods
  • 18 Amino Acids
  • 12 Digestive Enzymes
  • 10 Essential Fatty Acids
  • 12 Organic Mushrooms
#1 Mega Nutrient. Alive! represents the new thinking in supplements for daily health and energy, with a greater diversity of specially balanced nutrients from three important areas:
  1. daily essentials
  2. botanical energizers
  3. system defenders including antioxidants
Quickly Absorbed. Alive! products are specially formulated for easy digestion and absorption into the bloodstream. Even the tablets break up quickly in the digestive tract. In comparison tests with other whole food brands, Alive! tablets were the only ones to completely disintegrate in 20 minutes or less (the proper time to ensure uptake into the body). Other brands took up to 5 times longer.

A proper breakdown of it's ingredients here.

taj

I haven't posted since I initially joined this challenge!!:spinning: Just wanted to spread the word that....I've been taking my VITAMINS everyday since this challenge began!!!!:yep:

Cassandra1975

This morning I took:
Multivitamin
MSM
Biotin
Evening Primrose
Flax seed oil

This afternoon after lunch I will take:
GNC UltraNourishHair

This evening before I go to bed I will take:
Calcium chewable tablets

:woot:

miami74

I took my vitamins today and everyday this week.:yep::grin:

Angeshrty6,

Beautiful hair! Keep doing what you're doing!

I took my vitamins today:

GNC Ultra Mega Women Bone Density Multivitamin
Rexall Hair, Skin and Nails
Natrol MSM 500 mg
Spring Valley Flaxseed oil 2000 mg

miami74

OK I had to get off my vits for a couple of days do some blood work (Which all came back spiffy and fab, even my anemia was in check for the first time in 2 years!!!!!!!!!!) so back on the vitamins bandwagon

1 Hair Skin Nails with MSM
1 Vit C tablet

I'll start back on my silica tomorrow when I'm not rushing trying to find my car keys

Glad to hear that everything is fine with your blood work!

tiffers

Took my morning vits. I ran out of Fast Grow, so I switched over to that horse pill Ultra Nourishair. That's be better for me anyway, less stuff I have to order

tiffers

Taken my pills yesterday and today. My fish oils are coming to an end and as I'm not a budget, I'm not buying anymore.

I've got these vitamins that were recommended on here ages ago that I haven't taken. They have everything in it.

Alive!® supplements are the ultimate Whole Food Energizers™--

Ooooh, I've been pondering getting some Alive! mutlivitamins. I was gonna get the liquid. Have you started taking them yet? Do you have more energy or feel any difference while taking them?

tiffers

OK I had to get off my vits for a couple of days do some blood work (Which all came back spiffy and fab, even my anemia was in check for the first time in 2 years!!!!!!!!!!) so back on the vitamins bandwagon

1 Hair Skin Nails with MSM
1 Vit C tablet

I'll start back on my silica tomorrow when I'm not rushing trying to find my car keys

I'm glad that everything's fine, Tenny! I was worried about you, girl!

Channie

Took them a little later than usual (and got the most awful headache ever), but nonetheless, took my:
(1) One-A-Day Women's
(1) Biotin (2.5 mg)

(2) Skin*Hair*Nails w/ MSM
(1) Flaxseed Oil (1000 mg)

Guapa1

Ooooh, I've been pondering getting some Alive! mutlivitamins. I was gonna get the liquid. Have you started taking them yet? Do you have more energy or feel any difference while taking them?

No I started to try and take them yesterday. They don't taste very nice :nono:
You have to take 3 and I could only manage one on top of my other pills. These are going to be hard, I can feel it.

vestaluv1

Taken
flaxseed oil 100mg
MSM 750mg
Vitamin B Complex + Brewers Yeast + Folic Acid
this mornin'
(Started on 7th April)

Flaxseed and MSM 2 b taken tonight.
Ain't missed one yet:yep:

jamaicalovely

Week update:

I took my vitamins everyday this week! Yeah! What does MSM do again? Is there a liquid version? What's the best brand/dosage?

Last edited:

Surfer Girl

Hey all, I never officially joined this challange, However I have been taking mine daily. I have been slowly increasing my dosages. Anyone else notice massive fingernail growth and eyebrow hair growth?? I mean I expected it with hairgrowth but wow.
These things are like steel nails. I've had to increase my threading visits. These are my daily;
MSM 2000mg
Biotin 1000mcg
Omega 3-6-9....Gummies!!
B complex...Gummies!!!
Source of life multivit drink (ENERGY)

I am so in love with the vitamin shoppe. They cost a bit more, but I can finally take Omegas and B's daily. I hate biggo pills.