Thank you ladies for coming to my rescue last night!

vavouna

I've been a silent lurker on this forum...silently gaining so much knowledge about my hair journey. I am relaxed and have been on this journey for the past two years, however, until I found this site, my hair was not growing at all. By being here, I learned all the mistakes that I was doing. For example, putting dudely protein treatment in my hair and then putting aphogee 2 min on top of it and massaging it into my hair:wallbash: no wonder after a month, I noticed that my hair was breaking because I was doing this every single week! Since then, I have learned from you wonderful ladies the importance of balancing moisture and protein and moisturizing and sealing my hair. My hair has since thrived! Of course there are parts that are longer and then there is the area, top and side where it broke off that are shorter. But I can see the difference. I have also been wearing a wig as a protective style.

So last night, I went to get a perm at my dominican salon. So last night I went to get my hair relaxed after 8 weeks, and my regular hairdresser was not there, so the owner did my perm. The minute I took off the wig, she screamed...what happened to your hair! I said...it's growing actually, she proceeded to shake her head and started showing all kinds of things she sells to grow hair. Well after she put the perm in and washed it out, of course with the new growth and a fresh perm, my hair looked better, she then said, wow...it's looks better now...but let me cut it into a style....my heart started pounding and I said...no...that's okay...she said..it will look so much better...I will even it out so that it grows in even...I then again said..well....next time..not today....she goes...look at the back..it's long...then she pullled...ouch...on the sides to make me see the difference...all of a sudden, my mind came to this site...and I looked out the window and imagined all of you standing outside yelling at me to stand my guard and don't give in! I began to feel stronger and stronger and I looked at her dead in the eye and said...I won't be cutting my hair for a while...it's growing and the rest will catch up...well she wasn't happy. But if I had given in...I would have left her salon and cried in my car...so thanks ladies for being there for me in my mind!:yep: Oh...she also lectured me about the wig...said that's why my hair is breaking...i'm not letting it breath....I so wanted to tell her...listen...let me give you a website to update you on healthy hair care!

shopgalore

Great tale! I can imagine some of the ladies here pounding the glass window telling you "Don't you dare allow a "trim"!!!!Lol!!

darlingdiva

Good for you for standing up for yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for what she said about the wig, :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. I wear wigs as a protective style, and my real hair "breathes" just fine.

BlkOnyx488

I these images :bat::nono2:perminantly etched in head whenever I go to the BSS and want to "try" a new product the clerk suggest i use :grin:

Good for you for standing your ground!

Jazala

Since when did hair grow lungs?? Lol Good story OP. Glad you stood firm. Since you will be wearing the wig, a cut is certainly not necessary.

xcuzememiss

Good for you!!! Don't show her this site.. Lol. She going to start charging extra fees for prepoos and mid protein treatments and play it off like she knew how to do it all along. Lol!!

vavouna

You should have seen me...I was watching her every move..cause she was dead set in cutting the back of my hair...my heart was beating! I was so ready to karate chop her hand if she whipped out them scissors!:grin::grin:

mscocoface

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone is listening or at the very least reading!!!!!!! :yep:

If you ever see her again, please tell her that hair never has and never will grow in even. That is just not a possibility.

imaccami

Love it!!! So glad you stood your ground! She would've claimed to be evening it up and somehow would've had to cut the shortest parts too. You probably would've ended up losing 3 or 4 inches or more. Good for you!!