Texturizers

Lilpretty1125

I was just wondering if there are a lot of people here who have texturizers. I don't recall seeing too many sites that stated they had a texturizer, but I would love to see some folders of texturizers to get an idea. I'm not quite sure if I want to texturize or not, but at this time I'm definitely not until I get the 411 from my "trustworthy" forum!

Pics would be great!!!!!

Hi Lil pretty!
I am texturized...as is Modelchick. Here is a like ot my album.....I wear my hair out SOME but I do wear a llot of weaves too because I am trying to reach my goal.
www.fotki.com/tonyaJ

I'm texturized as well, unfortunately I don't have pics of that...Sweettrini is texturized, in fact she just gave her self a touch up and her hair looks stunning...check out her album.

Hey Tonya! Tonya your lil boy is just growing. He is sooooo cute!!! How long do you leave your texturizer in? What brand do you use? Do you comb it thru?

Thanks ladies. I was using Elasta QP creme relaxer in regular...then I switched ot Affirm lye in normal.....now I am back to Elasta QP becuase the Affirm was to much for my scalp. I try to texturize every 6 to 8 weeks...however...I recently decidede that I am going to stretgth it out more like between 15 and 18 weeks so that I can be closer to my naturla texture and not so close to relaxed. I smototh it just like a relaxer but I barely leave it on for ten minutes.

Latia...thanks for the compliment on my little one...he is QUITE a handful! haha

Thanks for the info Tonya. When I was short & curly b4 I used Motion's relaxer every 4-6 weeks. I will try to texturize tonight and comb thru w/i 10 minutes. I am going to used B curly by Aveda and their Brillance line for some shine w/no frizz. I will let you ladies know how it works by the end of the week.

my hair is texturized. i use Affirm lye regular. it's left on basicaly for the amount of time it takes to cover my head. because of my psoriasis, it starts burning faster than most folks. :ohwell: i'll have to time it next time to know for sure, but she works FAST. lol!

Hi guys,

I know some of you wanted to check out my album. I'm sorry you weren't able to get into it properly. Try the link in my siggy and the pw is hair. :wave:

Last edited:
My hair is also texturized...thanks to the ladies on this board. I wouldn't have made the decision to texturize my natural hair if I didn't see albums like Modelchick's and Virtuasis...
I just got a touch-up two weeks ago, I'll be posting pictures soon.

I'm planning to to my retouch tonight...what's the difference between relaxing it and texturizing it??? Does texturizing mean just leave it on for less time??? IF so, how long should you leave it on?

Most of mine is texturized except for the last couple of inches. I didn't use a regular relaxer to do it, so it doesn't look as though I've done anything to it. I pretty much still consider it natural (even though technically that's not true). If it looked like most of the texturized hair that I've seen here I would think differently.

My opinion is that texturized would be stronger than relaxed.

Back