Texlaxing Process

douglala

For those you that texlax......

What strength relaxer do you use? Regular or Mild?
How long do you leave the relaxer on for?
Do you smooth the relaxer in your hair at all?

I want to do this when I relax my hair this evening......

Thanks in advance.

RabiaElaine

douglala said:
For those you that texlax......

What strength relaxer do you use? Regular or Mild?

I want to do this when I relax my hair this evening......

Thanks in advance.

I haven't self-relaxed YET! But I am texlaxed. I think you need to do a strand test to see how long you need to leave it in, since every head is different.

For me, I use Affirm Fiberguard Mild. It stays on my hair for almost the same time as a regular relaxer like 15 minutes, it's so mild for my hair that I don't think it could ever fully straighten my hair anyway. She did smooth it with the backside of a comb (not the teeth) or her hands. My hair still doesn't fully relax. I would say my hair is about 70% straight. I gain another half inch on my texlaxed hair if I pull it straight (I have about 3 inches of texlaxed hair).

Hopefully those that self-relax will chime in.

MiWay

I use Phyto Index 1 and I leave it in for like 5 minutes (after the full application). I don't smooth it at all. After reading another thread, I'm thinking about leaving it in longer (maybe 10-15 minutes) just to see what happens.

douglala

Thanks for the responses guys.

I have fine strands. 10 minutes process time and hand smoothing once with a mild relaxer is enough to get my hair STRAIGHT.

And 10 minutes with no smoothing at all leave my hair a frizzy underprocessed mess.

I need a happy medium????

Trini"T"

Parvathi said:
texturizer + relaxer= texlaxers

Downgraded version of relaxing but not necessarily a texturizer.

...I think
:lol: I think she meant where are the people who texlax.

Parvathi

iiBlackBarbieii said:
:lol: I think she meant where are the people who texlax.

Wow...a complete misread...thanks for the clarification, but I'm certain someone would come up in this thread asking what a texlax is. :lol:

asummertyme

tex-lax..a super mild relaxer, just enuff to loosen the curl a bit....
i hope others chime in..i am interested as well.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I just apply the relaxer and let it sit. I do not smooth at all because that makes my hair strait. The last time I washed it out as soon as I finished applying. That was too soon. I will leave it on for 3-5 minutes. I still want to keep my curls. HTH

blueabyss333

DDtexlaxd said:
I just apply the relaxer and let it sit. I do not smooth at all because that makes my hair strait. The last time I washed it out as soon as I finished applying. That was too soon. I will leave it on for 3-5 minutes. I still want to keep my curls. HTH

How do you keep your hair from being a dry and frizzy mess? My bone straight hair is clearly more moisturized and shinier than my ends which are underprocessed.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
The key for me is using a conditioner on top of my hair as a protectant as well as castor oil and vaseline. My hair can take it, so I do it.:lol: The best thing about it is that I have a twa. It requires less product and fuss. I wash n go daily. I CW and use a leave in cond after. This leaves my curls moist and frizz free. I am an S curl addict. This keeps my hair moist and curls well defined til night. This method works for me because the relaxer is not as strong. It is lye based and my hair does better with this rather than no lye. HTH. Most of my natural texture still exists so my hair is not as weak.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

What strength relaxer do you use? Mild. I apply it very slowly so I would rather use a mild texturizer instead of a regular to prevent overprocessing.

Not sure. It takes about an hour to complete the entire process for me.

I don't smooth at all.

Isis

I apply and smooth with the back of my comb and fingers for 10 minutes total with a regular strength no-lye relaxer. My hair is very coarse so this works well.