Texlax and Bleach ?

dany06

I am such a long winded person. So Im going to try to make this question as simple and to the point as possible or maybe not. Ok, can I both telax my hair and dye it without doing to much damage? The first problem that arises is that I will have to double process my hair for the color that I want. I want a cool toned green based medium to light ash brown. I can not simply get this color without bleaching my hair to a lighter base color first. I've experimented on remy extensions and a miss jenny mannequin head to see if there was any way around this problem. Unfortunately, the bleaching must be done to yield this color. On top of that I want to wear my hair straight by rollersettng. I have found that my texlaxed portion of hair along with the help of a BKT can produce smooth rollersets for a much longer time than natural hair that has a BKT. To be cost effective and limit my use of direct heat it would be in my best interest to texlax my hair ultimately for the style I want ---wash and wear hair that can easily be straightened. Do do you guy think wearing my hair chemically relaxed with a double processed color will cause too much damage even with constant babying? I can forgo one or both of the chemical treatments, but I wont get the hair that I truly want.

Here is some additional info just in case you were wondering.

Why not try another light to medium toned brown?
I find that I can not wear warm toned light colors because they make me look like Im having a heat stroke or look orange like an oompa loompa. Cool tones complement my skin much better than warm red tones.

Why dont you try to get the color done professionally?
Unfortunately the local stylists do not stock nor know how to work with ash toned colors. I've tried in the past and they failed miserably. Traveling four hours to a stylist that I feel is competent along with the large price tag that comes with the service in not possible right now.

What makes you think that you can color you hair better than a professional?
Through trials and tribulations in the past I have found that on my own I can produce an exact color if not a close match to what I want. This has not been the case when I go to hair salons.

Well, which chemical service is more important to you?
To be honest it is pretty much a tie. But if I really have to choose I would rather pick texlaxing with a BKT treatment.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Honestly, I believe in the old skool methods Cathy Howse teaches with not mixing a relaxer/texlaxer with a color, but many women on here do it with success. I never heard of long term success with doing the bleach then coloring method on top of a relaxer/texlaxer. I don't suggest it at all, but if you must, you should go to the salon and let them do it. Good Luck!

glamazon386

Bleach/highlights done by a professional caused breakage and damage to my natural hair and it was only a single process. If I was relaxed all my hair probably would have fallen out. I would proceed with caution.

hillytmj

I've been told that you can get highlights with a demi-permanent color rather than bleach. I would really avoid bleach because that's what started my haircare journey. It was cute at first, but then shed everywhere. Most women that I know who have healthy highlighted hair used products other than bleach.