Taren gets Heat Damage!!!

WTHeck! How did she get heat damage? If I had hair/curls that beautiful I would never care to straighten it in the first place. Ungrateful muthafu...

its it just me. i dont see the big deal. there is no reason to cut. baby it and move on.

I think she sometimes becomes too melodramatic about her hair. Just leave it be; stop using so many different products at once; and lay off the heat for awhile. She has gorgeous, healthy hair. She'll be fine.

she's straightening her again. her facebook status is this:

"Hair Update: Since I'm traveling for New Years, I decided to straigten BUT as you can see... NO FLATIRON.. Dominican roller set on low heat :) I feel this is the happy medium for me..."

It's like those people you see on those I Shouldn't Be Alive Today shows where they lose both their legs and an arm from bungee jumping and they are right back out there the next day lol....

I kid, I kid...we all had to learn something the hard way.....*shrugs*

Heat training = heat damage. You may not have splits, but the protein bonds in your hair have been broken....if something is broken, it's still damaged, right?

Other than the misinformation being spread about "heat training," I'm glad the treatment worked out for her. Seeing it work on her hair inspired me to revisit the ApHogee 2-step.

I don't think its the straightening or diffusing alone that has caused the looser texture. I am a taren follower and I think its the recent repeated coloring along with the straightening that caused a loosening of texture. All she needed was some protein to get some curl back, but with the double color processing (she took it from frosted tips back to black), flat ironing is going to loosen her texture. I still think her hair looks good and as long as she continues to use protein, straightening it will be fine.

When I saw her FB status..I was like some ppl never learn..but hey she did an aphogee and now shes all better..so lets the games begin again...

Thank you!
Heat training = heat damage. You may not have splits, but the protein bonds in your hair have been broken....if something is broken, it's still damaged, right?

Other than the misinformation being spread about "heat training," I'm glad the treatment worked out for her. Seeing it work on her hair inspired me to revisit the ApHogee 2-step.

Sent from my Zio using Long Hair Care Forum App

"Hair Update: Since I'm traveling for New Years, I decided to straigten BUT as you can see... NO FLATIRON.. Dominican roller set on low heat :) I feel this is the happy medium for me..."

Looks like we both have two things in common now. We're both named taryn/taren and we have heat damage. Its a heart breaking thing man...-cries-

Sent from my Droid using Long Hair Care Forum App

she's straightening her again. her facebook status is this:

Some people do not learn.

If she likes her hair to be straight most of the time why doesn't she just get a relaxer and be done with it. :fistshake:

Gosh I've never seen her video's before. I think she has the most beautiful curly hair I have ever seen. Her texture is so unique. She has a new follower, I just subscribed.

Back