Tangled mess, PLEASE HELP!!!

Tolle

Team Fluid
OMG!!! Yesterday I washed my hair and for the first time tried Redken all soft conditioner. I sat out in the heat for about an hour with a shower cap on. When I came in to rinse and rollerset.... I could not get my hair detangled. It was/is a wet matted mess. I tried adding more heat (bonnet dryer), olive oil, and keracare conditoner. I don't know if it is my post partum shedding or the conditioner that caused this mess but PLEASE HELP!! I had to work early this morning and I'm here with wet hair covered with a shower cap and a wrap/scarf thingy. Again PLEASE HELP!! What can I do or put on it. I have come A LOOOOONG way on my hair journey and don't want to have to cut my progress.. :(

MsBoinglicious

Did you pre poo/ detangle your hair before you washed and put the conditioner in?

I have never used that product before, does it have protien in it?

Evolving78

i had to use a conditioner with cones in it to get enough slip i needed when my hair got really tangled from using Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque for a deep conditioner. i used HE Hello Hydration and it took several hours to gently detangle my hair.

so my suggestion would be to use a thick, creamy conditioner and take your time with your fingers. do not rush, or you could cause a lot of breakage.

westNDNbeauty

I think you are half way to having a better grip on the detangling process. I was going to suggest an oil. Also, is the keracare conditioner the one conditioner in your arsenal that allows your hair to become its softest?

Maybe use a conditioner that has cones like Aussie 3 minute miracle.

faithVA

Others may have more experience with this than I have. I've only had this happen once.

First stay away from the heat. Put your hair into 4 to 6 sections as best you can. It's trial and error from here. I started with applying conditioner and rinsing my hair in warm water while stretching. I then applied Oil and let it sit for a few minutes. The oil and water worked best for me without the conditioner but the conditioner may help you. Let the oil seep into your hair and start smoothing the hair in 1 direction. Slowly try working the sections of hair apart.

Rinse only with warm water.

Be patient and take deep breathes. You can get there without cutting.

bb09

Hi! I must have made like 5 threads similar to this lol, but I (finally) don't have to deal with it!

What helped me the most, was using a chelating shampoo straight. I diluted it 2x in a row, but it wasn't until I used it straight, that my hair untangled. It could just be product buildup

Good luck!

hothair

Do you have any sort of braid spray or detangling spray like the Mane n Tail one? I would let the hair dry out, then starting in small sections put the spray on work it with your fingers and use your finger to detangle starting from the ends, be patient and try not to get frustrated it will all come out :hug2:

MRJ1972

Porosity Control conditioner is great for detangling.

My mom was able to detangle a matted head with this product.

McQuay30

I think you are half way to having a better grip on the detangling process. I was going to suggest an oil. Also, is the keracare conditioner the one conditioner in your arsenal that allows your hair to become its softest?

Maybe use a conditioner that has cones like Aussie 3 minute miracle.

Does KeraCare help detangled transitioning hair?

Cherokee-n-Black

All I can recommend is "patience grasshopper." This happened to me when I used both curly hair product lines from avlon and mizani. It's scary! Get some clips, start at the back, and just get to tapping out the tangles from the bottom. You will probably lose a fair amount of hair, but I've found when my hair is in that state, it's a no-win situation. You could also try re-washing with Creme of Nature with Argan (NOT the coconut sunflower certified organic crap). Apparently (although I have not tested this) the argan oil formula has the same detangling properties as the original. GL!!!

Tolle

Team Fluid
i had to use a conditioner with cones in it to get enough slip i needed when my hair got really tangled from using Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque for a deep conditioner. i used HE Hello Hydration and it took several hours to gently detangle my hair.

so my suggestion would be to use a thick, creamy conditioner and take your time with your fingers. do not rush, or you could cause a lot of breakage.

Do you have any sort of braid spray or detangling spray like the Mane n Tail one? I would let the hair dry out, then starting in small sections put the spray on work it with your fingers and use your finger to detangle starting from the ends, be patient and try not to get frustrated it will all come out :hug2:

FINGERS!!!! YES!!!! :notworthy I was using a comb last night. I took a lunch break and went to a friends salon(close to work). I sat there and used my fingers(still lost some hair but not as bad as last night) for an hour or so and got it mostly detangled. Will finish up when I get off.

ALL of you ladies are awesome for responding to me in the middle of my crisis.

hothair

Glad its working! Honestly when I used to braid only my fingers would detangle without going bald

lilyofthenile

Use a con with as much slip as possible and the cone cons are usually the ones with a lot of it, it would really help and also use a lot of patience to detangle and also your fingers if you must.

Honi

There is no board.
Diluted white vinegar, rinse and follow with a good slippery condish. Yes to carrots is a nice one.

PJaye

- Grab the most slippery conditioner you can find and be prepared to use at least half of the bottle (the ones I had the most success with are Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture-$6, and Suave Moisturizing Almond & Shea Butter-$2).

- Drench your hair with water for approximately 5 minutes

- Turn off the water & step out of the shower – DO NOT SQUEEZE OUT THE EXCESS WATER

- Completely over-saturate your hair with one of the aforementioned conditioners

- Let the conditioner sit for a few minutes

- In small sections, very slowly begin detangling

My hair had a similar experience to yours after using Mozeke’s Coconut Kokum Hair Milk – it was rock hard, rough and matted to the extreme. After running around in circles panicking, I swan dived back into the shower, rinsed for an eternity, hopped back out dripping wet and grabbed the Tresemme. I let the conditioner sit for a few before I began detangling. Detangling was smooth sailing and a disaster was averted (and the old chicken bones in the trash had a new found friend).

HTH!

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Patience! Oil worked better than conditioner for when I was severely tangled. Apply a bunch of oil...soak your hair. Finger detangle the majority and wide tooth comb the rest.