Taking Care of Your Ends

Glib Gurl

What products (if any) do you apply to your ends and when? (during rollersets? every evening?)

How often do you "protective style"?

Any other special "tips" for taking care of your ends?

I put some ORS olive oil (the creamy kind) on my ends when rolling it at night. I think I'm going to try doing an experiment of putting leave-in conditioner on my ends and then bunning (when I decide to wear a bun as a protective style).

When I got my twists redone..
I use a mixture of Castor/avocado/coconut oil.
I use this mixture on the new growth
and on the perm ends...
My ends were shiny.

When I use a leave-in-conditioner
it makes my ends sticky...and clumpy..
:perplexed

I usually apply my Creme of Nature leave in to my ends and seal with Vatika, Wild Growth or Coconut oil. I do that before I roll my hair at night and it comes out smooth and moisturized. HTH

coconut oil on the ends

I don't do protective styles to often because my hair is still short .... I will be bunning when it grows some more

I apply moisturiser and avocado butter to my ends, braid my hair in sections and re-apply moisturiser and avocado butter. This has done wonders for my ends.

I protect my hair everytime it's not down which is about 95% of the time. I baggie only my ends with HE LTR-split-end protector, and seal with oils.

What products (if any) do you apply to your ends and when? (during rollersets? every evening?)
I apply Hairveda whipped cream every night and seal with coconut oil
After Every wash I apply either LTR, Rusk or Lacio Lacio leave in and seal with coconut or castor oil.

Everyday I bun.

I baggy sometimes, 1x-2x weekly...

I baggy every night with either Hawaiian Silky 14 in 1 or Hawaiian Silky Moisturizer & Sheen.

Every morning, after I take off the baggy, I re moisturize my ends and wear my hair in a protective style. I like bun snoods and bun cages :)

I usually apply my Creme of Nature leave in to my ends and seal with Vatika, Wild Growth or Coconut oil. I do that before I roll my hair at night and it comes out smooth and moisturized. HTH
Is this the CON leave in that is in the orange bottle with sunflower oil?

I apply whipped shea butter (a mix of shea butter, safflower oil, coconut oil, and conditioner) to my ends weekly -- right after a wash.

95% of the time. Twists and braids.

Not really. Just give them special TLC when deep conditioning. I really load the DC on the ends. Also, coconut oil is very good for the ends. It's a natural protector.

I detangle them with care and always add extra conditioner to them when I'm deep conditioning my hair.

nice stuff ladies!!!
every tip helps

i've been on a protective style rampage lately lol

i've been keeping my ends pinned up all week
i wash/dc once a week and that's the only day
i'll take my hair down from the pins.
my ends stayed moist and nice the last time couple times

i also added an extra weekly conditioning
not a dc...just a regular conditioner w/ oil
left on for a bit for an added effect
for this, i keep my hair in the protective style
(without taking the pins down)

i also want to start geting in more protein
to keep them strong and balanced.

i put avocado butter on my ends before i pin them up.

Dipping my ends in hot coconut oil the day before I wash and style for the week seems to do the trick! I will need to do that this week b/c I flat ironed on 410 and my ends feel a little brittle. They haven't felt that way since my cut so I know now that flat ironing on maximum is not for me!

Usually I do 350 but I was trying to see if I could get my NG to stay straight so I went for maximum. It failed, my NG is back poufy and my ends aren't happy. Oh well, now I know!

I apply water and castor oil to my hair daily. I either rinse in the shower or just spray water on and liberally apply the castor oil all over.

Not nearly as often as I should. The castor oil does really help provide protection to my hair when I wear it out. Lately I've been trying to protective style 5 out of every 7 days. I can finally get my hair in a bun so I did that a couple of times. My main protective style is pinning up my braidouts/twistouts.

Since I'm natural I find that detangling is really important so that the shed hair doesn't get tangled on my ends. Also, keeping my ends stretched as much as possible to avoid knots. And castor oil anytime I wet my hair has made a huge difference.

lately i have been applying ojon restorative treatment to my ends and sometimes i seal that in with vatika frosting.
most of the time i moisturize my ends with carols daughter healthy hakr butter and seal that in with vatika frosting. tonight though im going to seal with castor oil because i havent done it in a while and i remember it kept my ends soft and thick.

I rollerset weekly and use Salerm 21 Leave-in
Daily I've been using Cantu Break Cure and sealing with coconut oil day and night.

Back