Sweetcocoa and all other hennalucent users.....

fancypants007

Hi to all, I was wondering are you still satisfied with the results of the hennalucent? I read the posts regarding henna and I have to admit it sounds very exciting, but at the same time i'm a little leary. My hair is natural, but i do not plan to keep it that way. I want to eventually get a relaxer in another year or so. I used henna (Eqyptian) brand many years ago, and I can't remember how it effected my hair, but i remember someone telling me about the metallic salts and that henna overall can be drying to the hair. That's before i learned that you can add other substances to the henna such as olive oil, conditioner, etc. Anyway, I want to try the hennalucent brand because it seems to be safe, (without metallic salts) and it seems to be compatible with chemical services. I just took my braids out this weekend and it would truly be nice to have a bit more manageability to my hair especially in the detangling department. Your comments are welcome. Please advise.

I like it and I plan on using it again. Because of the salt issue in real henna, I'm afraid to try it. My hair dries so easily. My own 'personal preference' is to mix oils with it. I did that the first time and I loved it. The 2nd time I didn't use as much oil(my hair was a little dry). When I do it again in about 2 weeks I'm gonna add the oils I added the first time. I also used nuetral.

Hi Fancypants007
wave.gif

I use the hennalucent in neutral also and feel as long as an adequate amount of oils is included, you should have no problems with this product. It has none of the metallic salts in it, as the other brand has that you mentioned. If you are still leary, do a harvest test. I live in NYC so hennalucent only costs $2.99 here and it is readily available. It's a reasonable economically priced item that delivers superior results in my opinion
smile.gif

Even though I have learned the information at the henna threads I am glad it was singled out here because the henna thread is a lot of pages long and a lot of it focuses on henna and not hennalucent and for those who have color in their hair or who have had chemical treatments or who are just a bit leery of henna it should be put out there that there is this product that people have used without problems and that most people can use. Also that on the box the blond hair on the neutral hennalucent is not the color it will change. I had that concern.
laugh.gif
I read so much on the henna thread and the henna and hennalucent in my brain became interchangable and i wasnt sure of what the reviews were for the hennalucent and for the henna so i am glad it is isolated here.
smile.gif
God bless you all.

I tried the Hennalucent some days back. I got it in Earth Brown because I couldn't find it in Neutral. However, the Earth Brown didn't really change my color much (if at all).

I will be buying a few packs of Neutral and I plan to do one a week for 2-3 weeks to see what the effects will be.

I added oils and conditioner to the Hennalucent and have had no adverse effects from using it. My hair is very healthy and it is not at all dry.

(In the past, I have tried henna products that dried out my hair.)

I see no reason why you shouldn't try Hennalucent. I think the product is safe. Just remember to add oils and to mix it with WARM water, not hot.

I think Hennalucent is a great conditioner and "debulker" even though it isn't real henna. It worked for me. I wouldn't use it without adding conditioner and oil to it, though. It would probably be close to impossible to rinse out!

What was the proportion of oil, as well as what oils did you guys use? The Hennaphilics thread is so long and time consuming to read. I just want to know what oils you used and how much you put in, thanks.

Hi Boadicea
wave.gif

My oil blend consists of 1/4 cup of jojoba, olive, castor, emu, and vit. e oils. I also add a moisturizing conditioner to the mix as well. IMO it is imperative to include enough oils in your batch to combat the drying effect of the product and also to protect the scalp from any irritation the hennalucent may cause. On one of my treatments I didn't add nearly as much oils to my batch that I normally do, and I developed an itchy scalp as a result of it.

okay so when i take out my braids and then get a trim should i do the hennalucent. i was thinking maybe i should do the aphogee because i know i need something to strengthen the hair after it comes out of braids. maybe porosity control and then get my trim and then hennalucent?
confused.gif
God bless you all.

Gotcha. Off to fnwl for more oils. Which is a good moisturising conditioner? AO GPB? Le Kair Cholesterol plus?

Boadicea I have used AO GPB, but since it is a protein conditioner, I opted for something more moisturizing like the Tropical Avocado Conditioning Cream to add to my henna mix
smile.gif

Azul the call is up to you. I don't wear braids so all I can add is to advise, if you need a deep conditioning treatment, then I would use the Aphogee. If you feel you don't need as deep a conditioning then use the hennalucent since it is a mild protein.

I used hennalucent for the first time, and mixed it with oil and conditioner then followed with a deep moisterizing conditon treatment. My hair was more manageble and softer, with less frizz. So far it's been good to me.
hth

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
CynamonKis said:
What is "GPB", I have seen that somewhere else? Please educate me ...thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a protein conditioner by Aubrey Organics. Here's a link with information: Aubrey Organics GPB
HTH.

Allandra, thank you. That GPB looks like it may be some good stuff, putting it away in my "products to try" file...

Anyway, I wanted to tell you all what I thought of Hennalucent, after having tried 2 other REAL henna products.

Hennalucent is a great conditioner, my hair feels manageable, less frizz, and is strengthened (which right now is a big issue for me). I used it with the herbal tea/oil/conditioner combo that we've heard so much debate about -- I STAND BY the use of those "additional" things for MYSELF PERSONALLY because it keeps my hair nice and moisturized when I use them.

Anyway, when compared to the two (2) REAL henna products I have tried, I can see why HennaJoy and others say that Hennalucent is NOT 100% natural henna -- that fact was apparent as I was pouring the hennalucent out of the box! As compared to the 100% natural henna products that I have previously tried, hennalucent doesn't even come close, BUT.....

I DO LOVE HENNALUCENT! My hair feels and looks great, well-conditioned, manageable, less frizz, etc. It was especially useful for days like today, where I really wanted the conditioning effects of henna but didn't want to over-do it with another 100% natural henna application 3 weeks in a row. I will definitely use Hennalucent again.

I have tried Light Mountain Natural Color the Gray Auburn henna (which contains lawsonia inermis and indigoferae folium) AND Everyday Mehndi Ahmad (which is 100% natural henna). I love these two products -- Light Mountain for its conditioning effects, Ahmad for its coloring effects, which is important as I strive to color the gray safely, and keep my hair strong. I will probably color my hair with 100% natural henna once every 4-6 weeks, and use either Lotus Powder or Hennalucent in-between henna treatments.

Back