Surge makes my hair feel funny

Ive been using surge 14 for about 2 weeks now. I use it 2wice a day. I co wash every other day and wear my hair in a braidout. My problem is that my hair feels and looks kind of dry. It never felt this way b4 and the only difference now is that I 'm using the surge. Am I doing something wrong?

Wolftrap

Are you following up your surge applications with some sort of oil? It is important to spray surge and then put something on your scalp afterwards. I use ORS olive oil spray but some other ladies use different things to oil their hair afterwards.

T

Tee

Surge has keratin protein, which may cause dryness and/or breakage if you overdose on it. If I were you, I would cut down on how often you use Surge or take a break from it for a while.

OnceUponAtime

Wolftrap is right.
I use either a light oil (Proclaim oil, EVOO), moisturizer (S-Curl), or leave-in conditioner (see below). Sometimes I mix them. I specifically used castor oil on my crown, which is a trouble spot, and the combo really boost my growth.

If you like creamy leave-ins, I like using Nexxus Humectress, Woojee Cream or Neutagena Triple Moisture Leave-in.

Cowgirl

bump....
I have the same problem with Surge. Been using it for a week now and it turns my new growth into a little afro, under the relaxed hair. After applying it at night and putting hair in a ponytail, my hair is hard and hard to comb the next morning. I then have to put some S-Curl on it to make it combable, but by the time I get to work it's hard again.

Chichi

I also do not like how Surge makes my hair feel. I applied the Surge twice a day and always followed up with oil but after some time, even with conditioner washing every other day; poo washing once a week, my hair still came out hard. So I have stopped using Surge. I think that it may have given me some growth but then again the growth could be attributed to the L-Cysteine tabs (1000 mg) that I started taking along with the Surge (one month ago).

I think that I will stick with just the L-Cysteine as a growth accelerator. For my hair, the Surge is a definite thumbs down

Chichi

Redpoetess1

Wolftrap you are so right~~!! I am having the same problem. Last night when I washed my hair I put my oil first AND THEN the Surge. Afterwards my hair felt really dry and brittle. So this time tonight when I do my conditioner wash I should use the Surge before my oil.