Surge Hairstyles

mrslee

Love yourself first!
Since some of us are on the 30 day Surge Challenge :clap: what hairstyle are you sporting to get through?

So far I have been wearing my hair up with a clip, but I want other options.
My hair feels like a matted mess but when I come it, I dont have any breakage and it feels soft. I am seeing all kinds of new growth, especially in the front. I cant wait for my next relaxer which will be Jan 30.
Dont forget ladies to stop surging at least a week before your next touch up.

Happy Surging!!! :)

I'm alternating between wearing buns, a braided pony tail or clipping my hair up while on the Surge challenge. That's about all I can do cause it doesn't look so great when I wear my hair down unless I've just conditioner washed it. WGO takes some of the brittle appearance of the hair away I've noticed. Good luck with the challenge.

Camille said:
Why is this?

It has been known to cause some damage to your hair. I dont know if it is because of too much protein or what. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

At first I was doing the baggie method with it, but the last two days, I've done two braided pigtails. I'm grabbing at straws over here :grin:.

dreemssold said:
At first I was doing the baggie method with it, but the last two days, I've done two braided pigtails. I'm grabbing at straws over here :grin:.
Do you wear your hair like that to the office? I am in the legal profession as well and I can't see myself getting away with that...no matter how cute it may really be :D

kitty18 said:
Do you wear your hair like that to the office? I am in the legal profession as well and I can't see myself getting away with that...no matter how cute it may really be :D

Oh nooo, Kitty. In the past, I've worked mostly from home, but my contract ended last month, so now I am chillin from home :lol:...these days, I don't wear my hair like this anywhere but to Publix, the bank, and maybe the post office :grin: . It's definitely NOT office material :nono:.

I wear mine hair in a pony tail. I take the sprayer off. Put on a nozzle and slowly sqeeze it onto my scalp. Put mango butter on my hair while still in the pony tail and tie it up with a silk scarf.

i

I've been wearing it down but I don't dare to try and comb the roots when I'm styiling my hair (snap and popple!! is what will happen if I do)

So are y'all spraying it all through your hair too??

I find surge to be really bubbly lol. I spray it on and it bubbles up like soap kinda but goes away I guess when I rub it in (or did I just get a bad one lol?)

PhonyBaloney500 said:
So are y'all spraying it all through your hair too??

I find surge to be really bubbly lol. I spray it on and it bubbles up like soap kinda but goes away I guess when I rub it in (or did I just get a bad one lol?)

No, I just spray my scalp. I noticed the soapy action as well! :) But I am sure its normal. I tried SG bantu knots style last night and my hair turned out wonderful! See updated album!

Last edited:
Hey MrsLee :wave:

I'll do a ponytail, bun, even the air-dried bantu knots. As long as I have enough time for it to dry, the bantu-knot style comes out great!!

By the way, I just looked at your updated pix. Your curls came out great!!!!!!! You know I've been waiting for updates :) Now make sure post more updates after your touchup!
SG

Last edited:
Back