Surge Hairstyles

mrslee

Love yourself first!
Since some of us are on the 30 day Surge Challenge :clap: what hairstyle are you sporting to get through?

So far I have been wearing my hair up with a clip, but I want other options.
My hair feels like a matted mess but when I come it, I dont have any breakage and it feels soft. I am seeing all kinds of new growth, especially in the front. I cant wait for my next relaxer which will be Jan 30.
Dont forget ladies to stop surging at least a week before your next touch up.

Happy Surging!!! :)

IvyMichael

I'm alternating between wearing buns, a braided pony tail or clipping my hair up while on the Surge challenge. That's about all I can do cause it doesn't look so great when I wear my hair down unless I've just conditioner washed it. WGO takes some of the brittle appearance of the hair away I've noticed. Good luck with the challenge.

mrslee

Love yourself first!
Camille said:
Why is this?

It has been known to cause some damage to your hair. I dont know if it is because of too much protein or what. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

dreemssold

At first I was doing the baggie method with it, but the last two days, I've done two braided pigtails. I'm grabbing at straws over here :grin:.

GoingBack

dreemssold said:
At first I was doing the baggie method with it, but the last two days, I've done two braided pigtails. I'm grabbing at straws over here :grin:.
Do you wear your hair like that to the office? I am in the legal profession as well and I can't see myself getting away with that...no matter how cute it may really be :D

dreemssold

kitty18 said:
Do you wear your hair like that to the office? I am in the legal profession as well and I can't see myself getting away with that...no matter how cute it may really be :D

Oh nooo, Kitty. In the past, I've worked mostly from home, but my contract ended last month, so now I am chillin from home :lol:...these days, I don't wear my hair like this anywhere but to Publix, the bank, and maybe the post office :grin: . It's definitely NOT office material :nono:.

val1212

I wear mine hair in a pony tail. I take the sprayer off. Put on a nozzle and slowly sqeeze it onto my scalp. Put mango butter on my hair while still in the pony tail and tie it up with a silk scarf.

i

amy1234

I've been wearing it down but I don't dare to try and comb the roots when I'm styiling my hair (snap and popple!! is what will happen if I do)

PhonyBaloney500

So are y'all spraying it all through your hair too??

I find surge to be really bubbly lol. I spray it on and it bubbles up like soap kinda but goes away I guess when I rub it in (or did I just get a bad one lol?)

mrslee

Love yourself first!
PhonyBaloney500 said:
So are y'all spraying it all through your hair too??

I find surge to be really bubbly lol. I spray it on and it bubbles up like soap kinda but goes away I guess when I rub it in (or did I just get a bad one lol?)

No, I just spray my scalp. I noticed the soapy action as well! :) But I am sure its normal. I tried SG bantu knots style last night and my hair turned out wonderful! See updated album!

Last edited:

SouthernGirl

Hey MrsLee :wave:

I'll do a ponytail, bun, even the air-dried bantu knots. As long as I have enough time for it to dry, the bantu-knot style comes out great!!

By the way, I just looked at your updated pix. Your curls came out great!!!!!!! You know I've been waiting for updates :) Now make sure post more updates after your touchup!
SG

Last edited: