Super B-Complex Vitamins and Headaches??

poookie

I've been taking B-Complex vitamins for the past month, yet in the last week, i've had this terrible, recurring headache that starts about an hour after i've taken a pill. common sense told me to stop taking it for a while, so i will... but has anyone else gotten headaches from b vitamins??

You should only take those pills when your eating a meal. Any vitamin will do that if you don't take it with something. I take B-complex and the only time I ever felt sick or gotten a headaches was when I took them without eating something and drinking enough water. Are you doing those to things while taking the pill?(eating and drinking enough water).

i do only take them around mealtimes (every night before dinner), but maybe the problem is because i take them on an empty stomach. i'm fairly hungry come dinnertime, and i usually take a pill, a big ol' gulp of water, and start eating.

i'll rest for 2 weeks, then try again AFTER eating dinner.

i forgot to mention that the headaches started, along with this terrible feeling of nausea, which, because they didn't start until the morning after a night of hard partying, i mistook it all as a hangover :blush:

thanks for the replies, Allandra, Mariposa, and shocol :)

i do only take them around mealtimes (every night before dinner), but maybe the problem is because i take them on an empty stomach. i'm fairly hungry come dinnertime, and i usually take a pill, a big ol' gulp of water, and start eating.

i'll rest for 2 weeks, then try again AFTER eating dinner.

i forgot to mention that the headaches started, along with this terrible feeling of nausea, which, because they didn't start until the morning after a night of hard partying, i mistook it all as a hangover :blush:

thanks for the replies, Allandra, Mariposa, and shocol :)

Yeah thats the problem. You should eat first then take the pill. It makes a world of a difference. Never take stuff like that on an empty stomach.

This is by far my fav vitamins i take them along with my prenatals i get lots of energy from them

I take a B complex almost every night for about 5 yrs now. It helps me with an easier wake up in the morning. I've never gotten a headache. However I have gotten headaches from taking other vitamins that were unecessary for my body. I simply stop taking them or cut back to a level that doesn't induce a headache.

Maripose your hair is beautiful.

I take them, even on an empty stomach and never expience anything other than florescent strong smelling urine.

How much water do you all drink a day Allandra

Back