Sunday Bible Studies - Here!

Ok thanks for clarifying and I understand. Yes I think it's important to always ask for things in his will. Sometimes I get confused because I'll pray for something and then say....IF this is your will and if not I pray for peace and understanding. So I get confused because I remember a sermon about being firm and specific in what we ask for (don't remember the scriptures used) but I guess I ask for what I want and then pray for God to reveal to me what HE wants if what I want is not in his plans. So why even ask for what I want when he already knows my hearts and desires but he also already has a plan for me? But I guess my going to him and asking for it shows him that I am depending on him? I know that probably made no sense lol

LaFemmeNaturelle:

Lol. It makes a lot of sense. I think you are right in that going to Him and asking for it shows Him we are depending on Him. It also opens the door to His blessing upon us. He can choose to (and sometimes does) give us a blessing without our asking. Then there are other times where He desires for us to ask Him for our blessing. And in that asking and receiving we are reminded of His power. Had Hannah not opened her mouth to ask for a son, she may have not received her blessing.

7. I've gone through many times of "bareness". God always came through! I wasn't always patient, often questioned why? but deep down always had faith and continue to have faith that he will come through in a mighty way in a current situation I'm going through. What else can I do but trust God? He has come through before and will again. I truly believe that God allows these times of "bareness" in my life to draw me into a deeper relationship with him.

8. I always give God the Glory when he comes through. To be honest when it seems like everything is going well in my life I do spend less time with him. I am working to be more disciplined in my prayer life and bible study. I needed to make more of an effort to spend time with the Lord in times of "bareness" and times of plenty.

Such enlightening words.:yep:

Questions to consider:
1. Who kept Hannah from having children (Verses 5-6)?

God.

2. Who later granted Hannah a son (Verses 19-20, Verse 27)?

God.

3. Given the answers to Questions #1 and #2, what does this tell us about God?

That he is merciful. I think Shimmie said it best, when one of God's daughters cry, he comes down from heaven and answer their prayers. (Not sure of exact quote, but something like that).

It shows that God cares about our concerns. That God WILL answer our prayers, maybe not in our way, but his way. But he hears and answers our prayers.

4. How does Hannah factor the Lord into her prayer request (Verse 11)? Do you factor God into your prayer requests?

Hannah makes a deal with God. By not cutting her sons hair, that Samuel's hair is a symbolic gesture of her sacrifice to God (if that makes sense).

5. Why did Eli think Hannah had been drinking (Verses 13-16)?

Because her lips were moving; but he couldn't hear any words.

6. After praying to the Lord, do you still worry or feel sad? If so, why? What can we learn from Hannah (Verse 18)?

Yes, I still sometimes feel worried and sad. This may be wrong but I want some sort of confirmation that GOD has HEARD my prayers.

It can be a scripture, voice, something. Sometimes I feel forgotten and that I'm praying amiss. So sometimes, I seek out for other people to pray for my situation, because I feel....forgotten.

Which I guess it's like Hannah, she kept praying for the same thing until Eli, told her to "go in peace and the God of Israel grant your petition....." Hannah, had every right to be at peace, because God has sent his confirmation that he heard her prayers.

7. Have you ever gone through a time of "barrenness"?

YES!! Right now, I feel barren. I'm 35 never been married and don't have any children. Although, I'm patiently waiting for God's will. I think that waiting period, causes a time of feeling "barren."

8. Do you remember God after He has ended your "barrenness" and/or granted your request?

ABSOLUTELY!! I will give an example. God has blessed me with a wonderful job. I have been slacking with paying my tithes, using the money for other UNIMPORTANT things. Then, I had to remind myself....I wouldn't have this job without GOD....how dare I! I repented and pay my tithes. Whatever my money situation is (bills) I know for me, when I pay my tithes, it's like that money stretches, I have more than I "thought" I should have.

So the long story was to say, I try to keep God in the forefront of my mind.

3. Given the answers to Questions #1 and #2, what does this tell us about God?

That he is merciful. I think Shimmie said it best, when one of God's daughters cry, he comes down from heaven and answer their prayers. (Not sure of exact quote, but something like that).

It shows that God cares about our concerns. That God WILL answer our prayers, maybe not in our way, but his way. But he hears and answers our prayers.

So true indeed.

SUNDAY APRIL 22, 2012

Bible Study on: Esther 2-4 :bookworm:

Start posting/discussing at 4:30pm​

Background: Xerxes is King of Persia. Vashti is his wife and the Queen. She has just refused the King's request for her to parade before his all-male party. This makes King Xerxes angry and puts him in a difficult position (Esther 1:10-21) ...

Questions to consider:
1. Was Esther's beauty by chance (Esther 2:3, 2:7; Jer 1:5)?
2. Was Esther's appointment as queen by chance (Esther 2:17, Jer 1:5)?
3. Why do you think Mordecai told Esther to kept her Jewish nationality a secret (Esther 2:10, 2:20)?
4. Are there times when God has wanted you to wait before revealing your identity (e.g., Matt 2:13-21)?
5. Why did the plan to kill Xerxes fail? Was it by chance that Mordecai overheard the plan (Esther 2:21-23, Prov 16:9)?
6. Why do you think Mordecai refused to bow down (Esther 3:2, Deut 5:7)?
7. Did the lot truly determine the date of the Jews annihilation (Esther 3:7-9, 3:13-14, Ps 103:19) or was the Lord really at work here?
8. Why did the Lord appoint Esther as Queen (Esther 4:13-16)?
9. Had Esther refused to act, would the Jews still have been delivered (Esther 4:14)? What does this tell us about God? What does this tell us about free will?
10. Are there times when God wants you act after placing you in a particular position? Did you accept or refuse?

Sundays at 4:30pm Central Time

kila82, GoddessMaker, TraciChanel, cutiepiesensei, MrsIQ, kweenameena, naturalmermaid, ZebraPrintLover, proudofmynaps, smwrigh3, sidney, DaiseeDay, MarriageMaterial, LaFemmeNaturelle, ... and others (I apologize if I missed anyone).

I tried to answer the questions and I just dont think I am catching on, so I will just sit back and wait for the other ladies to respond and study off of them.

nope beauty helped her gain favor from the king
nope she had a mission to accomplish
3. Why do you think Mordecai told Esther to kept her Jewish nationality a secret (Esther 2:10, 2:20)?
i think he didn't want her to lose her chance at becoming queen
4. Are there times when God has wanted you to wait before revealing your identity (e.g., Matt 2:13-21)?
idk maybe, but i can see why God would want us to sometimes not tell everyone everything right away
5. Why did the plan to kill Xerxes fail? Was it by chance that Mordecai overheard the plan (Esther 2:21-23, Prov 16:9)?
well since Mordecai always hung out at the wall, it was meant for him to hear the plan
cause he knew who his king was God, then he also knew about the plan Haman had too
7. Did the lot truly determine the date of the Jews annihilation (Esther 3:7-9, 3:13-14, Ps 103:19) or was the Lord really at work here?
the lord was at work
so she could help save her people
9. Had Esther refused to act, would the Jews still have been delivered (Esther 4:14)? What does this tell us about God? What does this tell us about free will?
it's hard to say, i'm sure God would've made a way for the Jews, but it was a test of Esther's courage
10. Are there times when God wants you act after placing you in a particular position? Did you accept or refuse?
I try to make sure i'm hearing what God wants me to do instead of my own feelings, cause i have good intentions, but it's not always my job to do the doing

The book of Esther helps us to see the ways in which God works through us and positions us. It also helps us to see His sovereignty. This was purposefully a meaty bible study.:yep:

No. Esther's beauty was given to her by the Lord. God is our Creator, so such things come from Him.

No. This was part of the Lord's plan. As in Jer. 1:5, "Before we were born He set us apart."

Possibly because revealing her nationality would affect her possibility of becoming Queen. Though the Lord has an ultimate plan for each of us, we sometimes have instructions to follow for certain elements to fall into place. Mordecai's instruction to Esther was potentially very important.

Though I cannot recall a specific time, we can look at the situation in Matthew 2 and see that it would've been dangerous for Joseph and Mary to go around and openly tell everyone that their son was Jesus the Messiah. It was not time.

The plan to kill Xerxes was devised by man. God had a bigger plan. It was not by chance that Mordecai overheard the plot. The Lord allowed him to overhear the plot and ultimately become favored by King Xerxes for revealing it.

Because to bow down (in this instance) to Haman would be to acknowledge him as god or godlike.

No, the lot didn't truly determine the date. The lot was under God's control, hence the Lord was really at work here. Our Lord is sovereign over all things.

To intercede for the Jews. To deliver the Jews from annihilation. He wanted to accomplish this task via Esther and to do so she had to be in such a position.

9. Had Esther refused to act, would the Jews still have been delivered (Esther 4:14)? What does this tell us about God?
If God wanted to Jews to be delivered, then they would have been delivered via another means had Esther refused. The Lord is sovereign. One person refusing to heed His instructions will not deter His plan.
What does this tell us about free will?
We have a choice to follow the Lord's plan or to go against it. (But we must also keep in mind that some plans extend beyond our choices.)

I cannot recall a specific time, but I do know that the current position to which the Lord is calling me requires me to accept certain acts (e.g., giving to the poor, etc.). I will accept.

The book of Esther helps us to see the ways in which God works through us and positions us. It also helps us to see His sovereignty. This was purposefully a meaty bible study.:yep:
It was "meaty" lol. Good study though. This is one of the books I quickly skimmed through in the past.
For some reason I was having trouble submitting my reply so as I try again I will just have to agree with you ladies.

My answer to # 10
10. Are there times when God wants you to act after placing you in a particular position? Did you accept or refuse?
I often have trouble discerning what it is God would have me do in a specific situation. I do seek his will but don't always know what that is.

loolalooh said:

No. Esther's beauty was given to her by the Lord. God is our Creator, so such things come from Him.

No. This was part of the Lord's plan. As in Jer. 1:5, "Before we were born He set us apart."

Possibly because revealing her nationality would affect her possibility of becoming Queen. Though the Lord has an ultimate plan for each of us, we sometimes have instructions to follow for certain elements to fall into place. Mordecai's instruction to Esther was potentially very important.

Though I cannot recall a specific time, we can look at the situation in Matthew 2 and see that it would've been dangerous for Joseph and Mary to go around and openly tell everyone that their son was Jesus the Messiah. It was not time.

The plan to kill Xerxes was devised by man. God had a bigger plan. It was not by chance that Mordecai overheard the plot. The Lord allowed him to overhear the plot and ultimately become favored by King Xerxes for revealing it.

Because to bow down (in this instance) to Haman would be to acknowledge him as god or godlike.

No, the lot didn't truly determine the date. The lot was under God's control, hence the Lord was really at work here. Our Lord is sovereign over all things.

To intercede for the Jews. To deliver the Jews from annihilation. He wanted to accomplish this task via Esther and to do so she had to be in such a position.

9. Had Esther refused to act, would the Jews still have been delivered (Esther 4:14)? What does this tell us about God?
If God wanted to Jews to be delivered, then they would have been delivered via another means had Esther refused. The Lord is sovereign. One person refusing to heed His instructions will not deter His plan.
What does this tell us about free will?
We have a choice to follow the Lord's plan or to go against it. (But we must also keep in mind that some plans extend beyond our choices.)

I cannot recall a specific time, but I do know that the current position to which the Lord is calling me requires me to accept certain acts (e.g., giving to the poor, etc.). I will accept.

Another reason why mordecai refused to bow to haman was because he was a amalekite, remember God promised war on the generations of the amalekites for what amalek did to the children of Israel.

This was alot of scripture I will say. The area I focused on the most esp with my current job loss was the focus of believing in God.For those who believed in God the ability of things that are seemingly impossible are possible. The last few parts really hit me because it would be a beautiful thing to be able to unify and help those around you in a great way. To have such a strong commonality among one another.

The speaking of tongues however is an area that has brought me much frustration and confusion. To my understanding it's a gift that isn't bestowed on everyone. The same for those who can interpret it. However I can take a way this part from that situation is that living as a christian we are suppose to be different and that when others non believers look at us we will be mocked and thought of as crazy because it goes against every fiber of the secular worlds foundation.

Ok that's all I have. I'm having to cleave to the word now while going through because if I don't I surely will be at my own demise.

Acts 2:21 "And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved"

Acts 2:37 "Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”

I like how their conviction is described as being "cut to the heart".

And how the apostles are gathered together, though speaking different languages and relating to the people differently. Still the thing that "cut to the heart" was the simple truth of God's Word and Jesus is Lord; that's the thing that remains the same - always always.

Last edited:
This passage to me, tells of how to become a part of Christ's body.
For a long time, I thought I was saved but I really wasn't. Im glad I got the chance to really understand God's plan for salvation before it was too late. So the part where Paul tells the people to change their hearts and minds and be baptised in order to be forgiven of sins appeals to me.

Verse 42, and these believers were devoted to the word of God and to fellowship with the Body of Christ! And what followed? Many miracles and signs! Lord help us to know that the miracles in your word flow from our continual devotion to you and your word. As we proceed from church today, help us to remember what was taught today and actually apply it to our lives this week and onward. Help us take the necessary steps to remain connected to others! We have a holy expectation to see your signs and wonders among everyone here.

My understanding of this chapter is that the Apostles and the earliest followers of Jesus are waiting for God's promise of the Holy spirit. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues. These were real languages. Those Jews who were present and saw what was happening came from other nations and heard those speaking in tongues speak in their own languages.(Act 6-12)

I believe the purpose of this speaking in tongues here is so that all the Jews that were present would be able to understand the Gospel message and the truth about Jesus so that the message of the Gospel would spread to all parts of the world.

Some people saw this miracle outpouring and believed while others thought those filled with the Holy Spirit were crazy.

Those who were convicted wanted to know what to do and Peter told them to repent( turn from their sin and unbelief) and to be baptized.
The believers obeyed and were baptized.

This early group of believers truly cared for each other and wanted to spend time together. They shared their possessions and made sure everyone had what they needed. They met daily in the temple and also met at each others homes in order to learn, eat together and praise God.

I love how Peter goes through all the prophesies as proof of who Jesus is and about God's promises being fulfilled.

For those few times that I have doubts I go back to those prophesies and my faith in God's word is renewed.

SUNDAY MAY 6, 2012

Bible Study on: Exodus 13:17-14:31 :bookworm:

Questions to consider:
1. Why didn't God lead the Israelites along the shortest path (Exodus 13:17-18)?
2. Has God ever led you along an indirect path? Looking back, can you see why?
3. What did the Lord give the Israelites for guidance (Exodus 13:21-22)?
4. What has the Lord given us for guidance?
5. Why were the Israelites preferring Egypt in Exodus 14:10-12?
6. At times, does your "Egypt" (e.g., former job, former relationship) seem better than the "wilderness"?
7. Can you relate to Exodus 14:15? Has there ever been a time when you were to stop crying out and to start moving?

Advanced Bible Study Question (extra 15-45 minutes or so):
1. Exodus 14:4, 14:8, and a few other similar verses in Exodus are difficult to swallow upon first glance. Why would the Lord harden Pharaoh's heart? Did He really harden Pharaoh's heart? The following explanations are worth a read and are what I personally believe: Perspective #1, Explan. 1, Perspective #1, Explan. 2. If you are curious about a different perspective: Perspective #2. (Note: In Romans 9:18, The Greek word skleruno is translated into harden. It's full definition is available here.)

kila82, GoddessMaker, TraciChanel, cutiepiesensei, MrsIQ, kweenameena, naturalmermaid, ZebraPrintLover, proudofmynaps, smwrigh3, sidney, DaiseeDay, ... and others (I apologize if I missed anyone).

Questions to consider:
1. Why didn't God lead the Israelites along the shortest path (Exodus 13:17-18)?

Essentially, the Israelites might not have been able to handle the shortest path (i.e., a potential battle awaiting them on that path). Given the longer, roundabout path, the Israelites would be better prepared for what lay ahead.

Yes. Many times. :lol: Looking back, I can see that the longer path allowed me to be better prepared. Also, looking back, the shorter path was probably, at times, dangerous.

A pillar of cloud at day and a pillar of fire at night.

The Holy Spirit. The Bible.

Because they thought that, at least in Egypt, they'd remain alive. They wouldn't die in Egypt.

6. At times, does your "Egypt" (e.g., former job, former relationship) seem better than the "wilderness"?
Yes, at times. When I feel like I'm "starving" or "dying" in the wilderness, I reflect on my "Egypt" and wonder why I left in the first place. (For example, when I left a bad relationship in the past. Being single in the "wilderness" was tough.) But then, I snap back to reality and realize that I don't want to go back into that "bondage".

7. Can you relate to Exodus 14:15? Has there ever been a time when you were to stop crying out and to start moving?
Yes. Sometimes, I'll pray over and over again while in the background the Lord is urging me to move already.

Advanced Bible Study Question (extra 15-45 minutes or so):
1. Exodus 14:4, 14:8, and a few other similar verses in Exodus are difficult to swallow upon first glance. Why would the Lord harden Pharaoh's heart? Did He really harden Pharaoh's heart?

See links above. :)

1. Why didn't God lead the Israelites along the shortest path (Exodus 13: 17-18)?

God said that the Israelites would see the war going in in the land of the Philistines and would want to return to Egypt out of fear.

2. Has God ever led you along an indirect path? Looking back can you see why?
Can't think of anything at the moment

3. What did the Lord give the Israelites for guidance ( Exodus 13:21-22)?
God himself was their guide. He appeared as a cloud to lead the way through the desert during the day and Provided a pillar of Fire to provide light at night.

The Lord has given us his word through the bible and the Holy Spirit.

When they saw the Egyptians comming after them, the Israelites were afraid and felt they would be better off (safer) going back to slavery in Egypt.

6. At times, does your "Egypt" (E.g., former job, former relationship) seem better than the "wilderness"?

I consider myself being in the wilderness right now waiting for my "promised land". There are many times when I allow self pity, regret, fear of the future or that things will continue as is to long for times when things seemed more stable. I can't return to the things of the past and believe that I am in this season for a reason and just need to keep trusting God.

I can relate. There is a time to cry out to God as we express our fears, worries, anger, all our honest emotions. We can't just sit there though, crying. God wants us to step out in faith(action) to do what ever he is guiding us to do.

Be back later to answer the Advanced Questions!

Hope its not too late, its still Sunday for me :look:.

Questions to consider:

To avoid a fight with the Philistines.

Yes, bc sometimes I am just hardheaded and how to learn on my own. I know certain things are wrong but living this in this world w/o a guide gets you into ALL types of bad things. All of the things that make us stronger are not neccessarily good for us, but if God brings you to it, he will make a way out for you!
Dont worry, I got my guide and walking in the right direction :yep:.​

A pillar of cloud (day) and fire (night).

My bible, Holy Spirit, local church family, and you ladies :grin:.

Bc the Egyptians were overtaking them. They thought that they were going to die in the wilderness, and preferred being a slave then to endure fight. They didnt have faith in GOD :nono:.

Yes and No LOL :perplexed.

Yep :yep:. I asked God for certain signs in a situation, but I already knew the answer. I keep sitting around like "God why arent you answering me?" when actually the Holy Spirit in me already answered the questions. Like I said I knew the answers but didnt wanna acknowledge it.

Last edited:
Ok ok I'm really late, sorry.

He knew they weren't ready. Also to get glory for himself (Exodus 14:4)

Yes currently I'm not looking back on it yet, but I'm sure there's some reasons. I can imagine them.

His presence: a pillar o cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night,

His Holy Spirit and His Word.

They were afraid and they really didn't trust God to save them in that moment. They figured, why die out here and not back there?

Hmm yes, especially when it seems like my situation isn't any better (like the Israelites) or its actually worse.

No... Still waiting.

Brb with advance question

Last edited:
SUNDAY MAY 13, 2012

Bible Study on: Judges 6 & 7 :bookworm:

Questions to consider:
1. Why did the Lord hand over the Israelites to the Midianites (Judges 6:1, 6:10)?
2. Why did Gideon question whether he could rescue Israel (Judges 6:15)?
3. Have there been times when you've questioned the Lord as to whether you were capable of doing something He was calling you to do?
4. What was the Lord's response to Gideon's questioning (Judges 6:16)?
5. The expression "throwing out a fleece" comes from Judges 6:36-40. In these verses, how did Gideon test God?
6. Though God granted Gideon's requests in Judges 6:36-40, He does not want us to rely on signs all the time. He wants us to rely on His Word. Have you ever "thrown out a fleece" to God? Was the outcome always favorable?
7. Why did the Lord cut Gideon's army down to 300 men (Judges 7:2-6)?
8. What encouragement did the Lord give Gideon to proceed in his task (Judges 7:10-15)?
9. What encouragement does He give you to proceed in your task?
10. In what way did the Lord give the Israelites victory over the Midianites (Judges 7:22)?
11. In what way has God moved for you such that you couldn't boast that it was of your doing?

Advanced Bible Study Questions (Answers are here):
1. Read 2 Cor 4:5-10. Connect these verses to Judges 7:19-20. More specifically, "what clay jars, torches and trumpets do we use to gain victory today?"
2. Read 2 Cor 12:9-10. How can we apply these verses to Gideon and the Battle of Midian?
3. For more individual study, click here: Judges 6, Judges 7.

1. Why did the Lord hand over the Israelites to the Midianites (Judges 6:1, 6:10)?
They did evil in the Lord's sight.
They worshipped the gods of Amorites.

B/C he was weak

3. Have there been times when you've questioned the Lord as to whether you were capable of doing something He was calling you to do?
Cant recall an incidence at the moment, but I am sure I have.

"I will be with you. And you will destroy the Midianites as if you were fight againt one man."
-NLT version

5. The expression "throwing out a fleece" comes from Judges 6:36-40. In these verses, how did Gideon test God?
Asking for the fleece to be wet while the ground stay dry and then vice versa; dry fleece with wet ground.

6. Though God granted Gideon's requests in Judges 6:36-40, He does not want us to rely on signs all the time. He wants us to rely on His Word. Have you ever "thrown out a fleece" to God? Was the outcome always favorable?
Yea in general with this church I was attending. I wanted God to let me know if this was my home, but I didnt get an answer from God at least not one that I knew of. I really enjoyed the church so I joined after visting for 4 months and I LOVE IT. I would not change my decision....My outcome was good but I didnt receive an answer LOL.

7. Why did the Lord cut Gideon's army down to 300 men (Judges 7:2-6)?
B/C it was too many of them.

8. What encouragement did the Lord give Gideon to proceed in his task (Judges 7:10-15)?
The dream that was overheard from the camp?
That they would have victory over Midian.

9. What encouragement does He give you to proceed in your task?
Strength, ppl that I can look up to, and my positive surroundings.

10. In what way did the Lord give the Israelites victory over the Midianites (Judges 7:22)?
The warriors (in the camp) fought against each other with their own swords and not the Israelites. Is that right?

11. In what way has God moved for you such that you couldn't boast that it was of your doing?
I asked for something and he did JUST that. I knew that it was not my doing it was his....

They did evil in His sight

His clan was the weakest and he was the least among even them. Basically thought he wasn't strong or good enough.

Yeah definitely

He basically said "I got this, you'll do fine. Actually you'll wipe the whole tribe out as if it were just a one on one".

5. The expression "throwing out a fleece" comes from Judges 6:36-40. In these verses, how did Gideon test God? He asked God to prove that He was going to help him. He would put fleece on the threshing floor and said if it were wet with dew in the morning he would know God was going to help him. In the morning Gideon was able to ring out a whole bowl full of water from the fleece.

6. Though God granted Gideon's requests in Judges 6:36-40, He does not want us to rely on signs all the time. He wants us to rely on His Word. Have you ever "thrown out a fleece" to God? Was the outcome always favorable? I have and it usually isn't. I think in these New Covenant days God want us to draw us closer to Him for answers more than give us signs so quickly. And He wants us to trust Him anyway with or without sign. At least for me lol

7. Why did the Lord cut Gideon's army down to 300 men (Judges 7:2-6)? He wanted the Israelites to be outnumbered so that they would *know* it was God and wold not be able to boast that they saved themselves in their own strength.

8. What encouragement did the Lord give Gideon to proceed in his task (Judges 7:10-15)? He had him go listen to what the Midianites were saying in their camp. He went and heard them talking about a dream that one of them had that showed God giving the victory over to Gideon.

9. What encouragement does He give you to proceed in your task? He gives me His Spirit, His Word, other believers, and sometimes even random strangers who say something to confirm what He has called me to do.

10. In what way did the Lord give the Israelites victory over the Midianites (Judges 7:22)? The Midianites, when they heard the rams horns, fought against themselves and those who weren't killed ran away.

11. In what way has God moved for you such that you couldn't boast that it was of your doing? God has provided for me when I literally could not provide on my own. One time I had let someone borrow money and my bank account became overdrawn, they wouldn't return it and I was getting calls from the bank about my account being overdrawn for over a week :ohwell: I was so disappointed, scared, and upset. I had so much anxiety I had to keep praying just to function. While I was praying God said "I got it" and soon my dad randomly came by and gave me more than enough to cover my account! I really didn't think He would come through because it was my fault my account was overdrawn, but He said he had it and He did! I didn't even tell anyone but Him what was going on because I was so anxious

Advanced Bible Study Questions (Answers are here):

1. Read 2 Cor 4:5-10. Connect these verses to Judges 7:19-20. More specifically, "what clay jars, torches and trumpets do we use to gain victory today? We gain victory by recognizing our fragile state and by letting God take over just like the Israelites in Judges: 2 Cor. 4:7 "We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure.t This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves".

The clay jars were broken in Judges 7:22 and 2 Cor.4:10 says "Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies." We often have to suffer to gain victory, so that Christ is seen through our situation and we know that we did not gain victory in our own power. We're humbled.

2. Read 2 Cor 12:9-10. How can we apply these verses to Gideon and the Battle of Midian?
" We realize that God's power is showcased perfectly through weakness. In Judges 7:2-6 God cut Gideon's army down. He knew that if he didn't the Israelites would be able to say that they defeated the Midianites in their own strength. God's power was showcased perfectly in the Israelite's weakness (lack of army) because there was no way they could've did it on their own. In the same way we should be glad when we realize we're weak because this humbleness gives God room to showcase His power and it's what's required for victory because it causes us to look to him. He can't say "I got this" if we don't ask him for help because we think we don't need him. And when God has it, great things happen, those are the best words we can ever hear from Him IMO :).

Thanks loolalooh, this study is just what I needed tonight!

Back