Summer 2006 Challenge: Ultra Hair Thick Shake

Kristenxdollface said:
I'm finally homeeee!

Tomorrow I'll go to Vitamin Shop and purchase it. I'll definitely update immediantly after I taste it.

I started my first on this past Friday, May 12. :) It tastes pretty good. I mixed mine with Almond milk. I will also use Soy milk as well. I like it so I'm totally in with this challenge.

Healthy blessings to all :)

"Shimmie..." ;)

Today was horrible... I wasted a serving of UHTS because I was being lazy... I decided to not measure the vanilla extact and poured it by eye. I shook it up... it looked darker than normal... then too a sip... and it was DISGUSTING. I tried to be tough and just drink it but I couldn't. I had to make another serving. I'm not sure how much I poured but... I recommend adding no more than a tablespoon of vanilla extract.

And also... I was wondering what time everyone is drinking the shake. I've been drinking it a few hours before I go to bed (like the article said). And I've been having the HARDEST time getting out of bed, even after 9 hours of sleep! I've never had a difficult time sleeping but I just wanted to see if the article was true--It is. I am going to start drinking it in the afternoon.

I'm getting mine today. I was actually wondering what flavor to get. I'm open to all but, what flavors do you guys have?

bump

What's going on with this challenge? How many times a day are you all drinking it? I like it a lot and can see me drinking more that I probably should seeing how it has so many calories. I'm also trying to watch my weight.

So I'm just starting to drink it (on a more consistent basis) today. How are we doing? Does everyone have theirs? anybody notice anything?

I know with all the vitamins this shake has my urine is a BRIGHT (like fluorescent) green. That always seems to happen to me with vitamins. (**shrugs**)

Come on ladies. Updates! (I know I hadn't chimed in on this originally but figured better late than never).

This may be a great challenge for me. I have been seeing growth but my ends are looking so thin and pitiful. My stylist said that when hair grows longer the ends sometimes get thinner. Of course I don't want to settle for that.

But it only looks thin when I have her flat iron my hair, but look so lush and healthy in all other styles.

Is this shake for me? Any long term users who have experienced length and increased thickness. What else do you had to your "in-take" regimen besides the shake.

I've only been drinking the shake 6 days so far, so i can't answer the questions about the results and such.

I am drinking the shake once a day. I want to take vitamins along with it but I don't drink enough water consistently. Hopefully it'll become a happen soon.

SNyeema, my urine has become bright yellow with the shake alone! I can't imagine how it would be if I took vitamins as well. I hope you're drinking a lot of water.

Kristenxdollface said:
And also... I was wondering what time everyone is drinking the shake. I've been drinking it a few hours before I go to bed (like the article said). And I've been having the HARDEST time getting out of bed, even after 9 hours of sleep! I've never had a difficult time sleeping but I just wanted to see if the article was true--It is. I am going to start drinking it in the afternoon.

What article? Is this why I sleep 12+ hours sometimes? :eek: I have been going to bed later than usual but still...something in the shake makes you sleep more if you take it at night?

Lanelle said:
What article? Is this why I sleep 12+ hours sometimes? :eek: I have been going to bed later than usual but still...something in the shake makes you sleep more if you take it at night?

lol. I think so, Lanelle. This article I posted: http://channels.netscape.com/whatsne...=20060510-1402

...encourages people who have difficulty sleeping to drink a shake with amino acids in it a couple hours before bed. UHTS has plenty amino acids and I think it has the same effect.

Kristenxdollface said:
lol. I think so, Lanelle. This article I posted: http://channels.netscape.com/whatsne...=20060510-1402

...encourages people who have difficulty sleeping to drink a shake with amino acids in it a couple hours before bed. UHTS has plenty amino acids and I think it has the same effect.

I couldn't pull up the article via the link you posted but I do remember you mentioning that about the amino acids...I was about to get worried for a second. I won't be drinking the shake tonight because I ran out of milk, lol...but at least now I know...besides my tendency to go to sleep @ 5 am, I do think the shake could be contributing to my sleeping extra late {sometimes I don't wake up until almost 5 pm in the evening :eek:}. I noticed my extra sleeping hours did start around the same time I started with the shakes...hmm...makes you think...I will probably take them a little earlier...

Kristenxdollface said:
I've only been drinking the shake 6 days so far, so i can't answer the questions about the results and such.

I am drinking the shake once a day. I want to take vitamins along with it but I don't drink enough water consistently. Hopefully it'll become a happen soon.

SNyeema, my urine has become bright yellow with the shake alone! I can't imagine how it would be if I took vitamins as well. I hope you're drinking a lot of water.

Oh that's exactly what I was saying. I'm not taking anything but the shake and that's what happened to me.

SNyeema said:
I know with all the vitamins this shake has my urine is a BRIGHT (like fluorescent) green. That always seems to happen to me with vitamins. (**shrugs**)

I only take the shake once every 24 hours...if I take it 7 days a week, it lasts for only 2 weeks. So for me, I need two cans of the shake to last a month. I'm not sure how long yours will last if you drink it more than once a day. The shake includes quite a few B vitamins which is more likely the reason why you are noticing these changes. Some people notice it when they take B complex vitamins too...

LADIES!

I haven't heard from any of you in a while. How is everyone doing? Have you fallen off or are you still going strong??

I am currently on my second can of UHTS. I've gotten tired of using milk, and have been using V8 splash (i highly recommend the tropical blend). It's been about 4 weeks for me, and I've decided to drink twice as much water and add hair vitamins since the company recommends it for maximum results.

Check in ladies! How are you doing? See any positive, neutral or negative results? Have you come up with other drinks to mix it with? Are you taking vitamins along with the shake?

Kristenxdollface said:
Oh come on... no one else in this entire forum wants to try it?

Hmph. I guess I'll be on my own then.

I'll try it but I'm lactose intolerant so I guess I'll be mixing mine with juice. This is a good thing for me to try since I need to take some vitamins. Hopefully this won't raise my blood pressure. I wonder if it will be ok for me to take this along with my bp medicine:confused:

Anyone still drinking this? I just found out that I a new Vitamin Shoppe opened close to me so I went yesterday and saw this. I remember it being mentioned here for several years now.

I drank one last night with milk and today my stomach was bothering me (I'm lactose intolerant). I just drank another one but used orange juice instead. It was soooooo good!!! I will see how my stomach feels tomorrow.

I got $4.00 off of this can so I paid a lot less than I thought. If I don't have problems with my stomach tomorrow, I'm going to get a few more cans before the sale ends.

I plan on drinking one shake everyday for a year to see if my new growth comes in any thicker and if my hair grows any faster (currently, I don't even get 1/4" per month :ohwell:).

i just bought it today and tried it as soon as i got home...
i mixed it w/ oj and it was very yummy
i also mixed in MSM w/ it...

it DID make me sleepy...i took a nap maybe 30 minutes afterwards...

Back