Sulfur 8

Nessa

Hey Everyone,

I got this product but I want to see what everyone thinks about this product. Personally this product is too stanky and more stanky when put on the head. And I have heard it grows hair long. Real testemonies even in front of my face. My grandmother recommended it. And my hair has grown pretty good. I am so happy. Proof my aunt used it for a few years and now she has bra strap lentgh. Man so I have been using it and it is pretty good. I already mixed sulfur 8 with dax grease. But I still have half of Sulfur 8 not mixed. Now it smells kinda good.

Nessa

sweetcocoa

I used this years ago. I would grease my scalp in the parts after rollersetting then get under the dryer. I loved the way my scalp would tingle from the Sulpur 8 and the heat. I must admit I had some thick and long hair back then after I broke it all off wearing an afro(yes I'm a product of the 70's). I think about using it again, only I haven't used anything on my scalp in 2 years. But it is very tempting.

jamaraa

Sulfur 8 DOES have a nice long history as a thing that contributes to hair growth.....sulfur taken orally and/or in topical form is used for that and other health benefits. Anyway....

I (and many peeps I know) have used Sulfur 8, but I personally have no idea as to how well is works for hair growth. Why.....LOL, YOU said it, the smell! Sheesh....it has almost garlic quality smell!

If you can stand the smell, try it as your regular hairdress amd see what happens. Another way to use it is as a hot oil treatment w/ a thorough shampoo afterwards.

As you pointed out, the smell is a REAL consideration here. If you (and the peeps around you) don't mind the smell....go 'head and use it, I say.

mstankers

I LOVE Sulphur 8 and I have grown accustomed to the medicinal smell. It helps with dry scalp, itching and it does aid in hair growth in my experience with the product. They have a great braid spray that does not smell the same way as the grease

Ipanema

Are you all talking about the light or regular formula? I have a jar of the "light" formula in the light blue container, and I think it smells okay. Or maybe I'm just used to it. I remember the old stuff my mother used to use on my head, and I remember going out into the sun, and thinking my head smelled like bacon. Anyway, I love the tingling feeling it gives the scalp, and I haven't had any flaky scalp or dandruff problems since using it.

Chipmunk

I love Sulfur 8. I'll mix it w/some Glover's Mane, and let it sit. When I used it weekly I did notice a surge in growth.

I don't do it often b/c it's hard to get the smell out of my hair. When I go to work the next day my supervisor always says "somethings on fire"

The light formula smells MUCH MUCH better.

happylocks

I want to try the S8 with the Dog mane, Has anyone tried this one? is Glover the same thing? Can you plz tell me what is meant by a surge in growth
thanks

Chipmunk

[ QUOTE ]
I want to try the S8 with the Dog mane, Has anyone tried this one? is Glover the same thing? Can you plz tell me what is meant by a surge in growth
thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what dog mane is, so I don't know if glover's is the same thing. Glover's mane is supposed to be for dandruff it contains pine tar and sulfur. Is that similar to Dog Mane?

When I say surge in growth, I had an abundance of growth in a short period of time. Mainly in the front which I was having trouble growing.

Nessa

Looks like Sulfur 8 is da bomb!!!!!! Even though I have it, it contributes to major growth.

Boadicea

I used to use it back when I had a pretty nasty case of dandruff. It cleared it up, but it was torture wearing the stuff. I have a really sensitive nose. I can smell it now, just thinking about it. That's the only reason why I've stopped using it, but I did see softer, shinier hair. And I did get a little bit of a growth spurt from the sulfer. After the dandruff went away, I was all too glad to stop using it. (only used it for about 2 months)

Suggestion: Put it on at night and the smell should be less, if not gone, the next day.

I just may try this again after I finish my bottle of Hairobics detangler oil. If I can get used to the smell of WGO, I can (in a few years) get used to Sulfer8

I would recommend it for dry hair, or dandruff, or if you'd like shinier hair with the possibility of a growth spurt.

pebbles

My mom used to use Sulfur8 on me too and it did work well, but like you, Boadicea, I don't use it now because of the smell. It doesn't smell bad, it's just a little too strong for me to stand all day long now.

Nessa

I can't stand the smell. But I mixed it with something so it smells good. Kinda. Well thanks Boadicea,Pebbles,Chipmunk,happylocks,Ipanema,jamaraa,kookysnkream,mstankers,Nessa,and Sweetcocoa. Thank You all for replyin.

cabosquad

How many weeks did you use it when you started to see any growth?
I have it to but I don't like the smell

Did you use it every day on your scalp or 1 day per week when you started to see any growth?

debyjay

OK, well I suggest using it only at night and only in the winter time and even then mixing it with something that smells good -- hmmmm a lil mango butter maybe. I just might try this. Thanks miss Nessa

Nessa

Um I use this every three days. I haven't used it for 3 weeks. But I would use it at night.

Mufasa

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody else got results from this product?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use it now under my braids/weave - whatever you want to call it
I slather it on the scalp - especially in the places that tend to itch. It does feel really good. I do this only when I am braiding the hair back up - which is once every 3 to 4 weeks. I don't know if it really affects growth though ...

prettygirl

this stuff really works for me I get a growth spourt whenever I use it, once a week, yeah it stinks but it is al in the name of growth. The sulper and the medication in themedicated one helpsto stimulatd new growth.THis is a keeper for me

Nessa

i AM GOING WITH YOU.AND THE BEST PART IS THAT IT STIMULATES THE SCALP, GETS DANDRUFF OUT, HAS SULFUR, AND IS CLAIMS TO GROW HAIR. I JUST PUT IT LAST NIGHT. AND IT IS GOOD. I PUT IT LIKE EVERY 2 TO THREE DAYS NOW.

keylargo

I use this off and on. It does make your hair shine. The last time I used it my hairstylist got an attitude and said, "You used Sulfur 8? It stinks, don't use it anymore..". Then, she proceeded to cut my hair unevenly.

I just started using it again because it makes my scalp feel good....

prettygirl

YOU CAN GET IT AT THE BEAUTY SUPPLY STORE OR AT THE PHARMACY,IT IS ABOUT $2.99 FOR THE LARGE BOTTLE AND $1.99 FOR THE SMALL .THEY ALSO HAVE A WHOLE LINE OF PRODUCTS THAT IS SULPUR8

auntybe

I love Sulfur8!!!!!
It is the only thing that stops my scalp from itching. I started using it in Jan. while wearing a weave. My hair was never thick enough to wear in a "fro" and it is long and thick. When I was younger my mother used to put it on my scalp and the roots of my hair to cut down on the effects of my medication. I don't notice the smell after about a hour.