Suggestions on products to use when flatironing 3B hair...

blackbarbie

I am going into 8 weeks post relaxer (I'm shooting for 12 and if that works, I will go for 16!). I NEVER apply direct heat to my hair myself (occasionally let the salon do it), but I ordered the Maxiglide and want to try it out this weekend. I usually rollerset and use Rusk Smoother and Neutrogena MTG and get great results, but I am nervous about what to use when I flat iron this weekend because I don't want to weigh it down. From experience, if I put a drop too much of any product on my hair, it is OVER!:lol: Any 3B ladies have any suggestions for products to use that won't weigh my hair down and if so, how have you best used them with good results?

Thanks in advance!

blackbarbie

Please bump:sad:

I am going to do my hair tomorrow and I mess it up (put the wrong kind of stuff or too much stuff on it or nothing at all) then I will end up having to do it all over again and roller set it....PLEASE help????:confused:

missvi

God is Good!!
Hey blackbarbie, I use Fantasia IC Hair Polisher/Heat Protector Straightening Serum. I like it because of sunscreen and it helps make my hair really straight I'm 11 week post relaxer and looking good. I flat iron my hair weekly after air drying this is what I use and love.

blackbarbie

Missvi,
Thanks for the response! I have seen this in the store and will try to pick up something before this weekend (probably tomorrow). Do you braid it up when you air dry of just leave it down? I just pm'd you to see if you would send me a password; wanted to sneak a peek at some hair pictures if you have any in your album.

Thanks again!!