Products That Weigh Hair Down

virtuenow

What are some products that weigh your hair down. I want to have a successful wash-n-go. but alot of products say they will not weigh hair down. That's what I want-- weight. Otherwise I have frizz and poof. Suggestions would be much appreciated.

CurlsBazillion

Hey I just wore a WnG today, I used ORS lock and twist gel for definition and to weigh my hair down after I moisturized by leaving some conditioner in from my cowash. On top of the lock and twist gel I used some macadamia and apricot oil. It did a good job as long as I didn't play in my hair. My WnG from today is in my siggy ( I loved it that much)

Aviah

Cantu Shea Butter leave in. This one is weird because though it moisturizes my hair, it does leave a light film that gets gunkier as I moisturize throughout the week. This is all on airdried hair BTW, flat ironed hair has instant heaviness with this stuff.

virtuenow

Thanks Ladies, keep these suggestions coming. I think I'm going to get several of these products and do an experiment to test each out individually.

bhndbrwneyes

Cantu Shea Butter leave in. This one is weird because though it moisturizes my hair, it does leave a light film that gets gunkier as I moisturize throughout the week. This is all on airdried hair BTW, flat ironed hair has instant heaviness with this stuff.

I agree. I had some Cantu Shae Butter Leave In in today and I had to poo it out cuz it makes my hair feel and LOOK so greasy. So does Cantu Daily Oil Moisturizer for me. I would not recommend these even though you want something heavy.

ChocolatePie777

Lets jam custard weighs down my hair........and then if you put eco it would even more.

The only thing i dont like about lets jam is that is washes out of my hair very weird.....like it makes my hair tangly

virtuenow

Yay, more suggestions, thanks. Yes, do tell us more about the hair milks and puddings? Can they get the job done...Do you need to layer gel on top of that? Is it possible for gel to have a soft hold (what brand)?

manter26

Eco styler is great for that. You can dry your hair in a low ponytail or bun or twists like naptural85 to get a flatter result.

empressri

Yay, more suggestions, thanks. Yes, do tell us more about the hair milks and puddings? Can they get the job done...Do you need to layer gel on top of that? Is it possible for gel to have a soft hold (what brand)?

If hair butters don't weigh your hair down, I doubt a pudding or milk alone is going to do that.

I use a hair milk underneath ecostyler...NOW...a day or two later when all of that crunch is gone, comes the weighed down curls BUT they're soft.

virtuenow

If hair butters don't weigh your hair down, I doubt a pudding or milk alone is going to do that.

I use a hair milk underneath ecostyler...NOW...a day or two later when all of that crunch is gone, comes the weighed down curls BUT they're soft.

Great, this is all new to me. The idea of combinations and layering sounds good. Where does one buy eco-styler gel?

Simply_elle

virtuenow said:
Great, this is all new to me. The idea of combinations and layering sounds good. Where does one buy eco-styler gel?

Sally's! It's on sale $3.49 for the tub, I usually use the olive but I tried the protein... Let me tell you! My hair is 4a/3c and bad as she wanna. But a leave in/ castor oil/Eco and your wng will be bomb:spin: as for hard hair meh. Crunchies for the first day... Then it softens out...

I say try them all its under $15, and you won't regret it!

Btw Eco cowashes out with ease!! No tangles..

Sent from my Exxotical iPhone using LHCF

ChocolatePie777

The palmers coconut hair milk was pretty good i would repurchase but i dont use stylers that often and it has a tendancy(imo) to smell like glue......but when i was using it it gave good weight and definition just by itself...plus it is cheap i got it on sale at walgreens for like 2.99

kurlllz

I hated these mainly because they were too darn heavy...
-Beautiful curls Shea butter curl
activating cream for curly to kinky hair
-Beautiful curls curl enhancing Shea
butter leave-in conditioner for wavy to
curly hair
-Desert essence coconut shine & refine
hair Lotion
-Desert essence coconut soft curls hair
cream

virtuenow

Sally's! It's on sale $3.49 for the tub, I usually use the olive but I tried the protein... Let me tell you! My hair is 4a/3c and bad as she wanna. But a leave in/ castor oil/Eco and your wng will be bomb:spin: as for hard hair meh. Crunchies for the first day... Then it softens out...

I say try them all its under $15, and you won't regret it!

Btw Eco cowashes out with ease!! No tangles..

Sent from my Exxotical iPhone using LHCF

Thank you, that was going to be my next question. I need for the product to be able to be co-washed out! I like to rinse or co-rinse daily, so necessito importante.

The palmers coconut hair milk was pretty good i would repurchase but i dont use stylers that often and it has a tendancy(imo) to smell like glue......but when i was using it it gave good weight and definition just by itself...plus it is cheap i got it on sale at walgreens for like 2.99

Smells like glue...are you sure it wasn't Palmer's glue?? tehe

I hated these mainly because they were too darn heavy...
-Beautiful curls Shea butter curl
activating cream for curly to kinky hair
-Beautiful curls curl enhancing Shea
butter leave-in conditioner for wavy to
curly hair
-Desert essence coconut shine & refine
hair Lotion
-Desert essence coconut soft curls hair
cream

Thanks, these are the products I need, the ones that were "too" heavy. Where do you get Desert Essence or Beautiful Curls? Not sure I've heard of those before.

greenandchic

Homemade pudding made with shea butter, oils (your choice) and Ecostyler gel (any).

I melt the shea butter and then add the gel in equal parts and add about 25% oils and blend with a hand mixer. If its too heavy I add a little aloe vera gel, but I think you want it heavy. :)

virtuenow

Homemade pudding made with shea butter, oils (your choice) and Ecostyler gel (any).

I melt the shea butter and then add the gel in equal parts and add about 25% oils and blend with a hand mixer. If its too heavy I add a little aloe vera gel, but I think you want it heavy. :)

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea. Anymore?

kurlllz

virtuenow said:
Thank you, that was going to be my next question. I need for the product to be able to be co-washed out! I like to rinse or co-rinse daily, so necessito importante.

Smells like glue...are you sure it wasn't Palmer's glue?? tehe

Thanks, these are the products I need, the ones that were "too" heavy. Where do you get Desert Essence or Beautiful Curls? Not sure I've heard of those before.

Vitacost.com for Desert Essence and Wholefoods for Beautiful Curls. You can purchase all on amazon.com but vitacost has the best prices.