Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner

Adaj

Hi Ladies, I just bought Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner for co-washing.is this a good conditioner? I know some of you said that you use Suave conditioners. Sorry for what I am about to say, but I always thought Suave were "white" products. Please let me know if I got the right conditioner for co-washing. thanks!!! love u guys!

Stormy

I've been using this same exact conditioner for my conditioner washes for several months now and it works great for me! :yep:

Oh, and I was relaxed when I first started using it and now I'm natural 4B or C or H or... something, so no it's not just for white people. Still great!

Tybi

I like it. I think that and the other Suave natural line conditioners are great for co washes. Now I wouldn't use them for deep condishes obviously, but otherwise there is no problem. They provide good slip for de-tangling, and since they are so cheap you can use them as much as you need without feeling guilty.

Some have said that the cheap Suave and White Rain conditioners dry out their hair and irritate their scalps, but since they are so cheap who cares if you end up throwing some out right? Its worth a shot.

Coconut and the rainforest one specifiacally have a few natural ingrediants that I really like too.

Check out their professional line too.... especially Healthy Curls and Sleek Line. These are two of my all time fave conditioners, I find them comprable to some salon brands!

Tybi

okay, great--so it doesn't have to say "moisturizing" on it?

Not necessarily to co wash, as long as it does not dry or strip your hair, its good. I have used plenty of conditioners that say moisturizing that make my hair feel like crap, so it is a matter of personal taste.

I use these cheap conditioners to co wash and follow up with a thicker one for the "real" conditioning.

Summer79

Not necessarily to co wash, as long as it does not dry or strip your hair, its good. I have used plenty of conditioners that say moisturizing that make my hair feel like crap, so it is a matter of personal taste.

I use these cheap conditioners to co wash and follow up with a thicker one for the "real" conditioning.

Exactly what I was thinking. It isn't really thick enough for me to use my shower comb or denman brush with but it is a nice cowasher <---- not even sure if that's a word lol

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
It's a great co wash conditioner, a definite board favorite. Suave Naturals Toasted Vanilla is fab too :yep:

soulie

Hi Ladies, I just bought Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner for co-washing.is this a good conditioner? I know some of you said that you use Suave conditioners. Sorry for what I am about to say, but I always thought Suave were "white" products. Please let me know if I got the right conditioner for co-washing. thanks!!! love u guys!

Don't be sorry: as you are here longer, you will lose the tendency to think of "white" products and "black" products. We use products that WORK - whether or not the manufacturer uses AA models and whether or not it is made by Posner. :yep:

mlj

I use suave tropical coconut as a leave in conditional and moisterizer..
I apply every morning and night with a little castor or jojo oil and my hair likes it... But I am a newbie, so what do I know.
My hair is softer and less dry since i have started using it that way. For as co wash I need something heavier, Like MILLCREEK JOJO Condition which I alternate with MILLCREEK HENNA Conditioner. I co wash 3to4 times a week and Shampoo once a week.

Can You use Suave that way??? I am setting myself up for a setback???

MsChelle

I do my twice a week co-washes with and it works pretty well. No complaints so far. And the price makes it even better.........

ctosha

I have this conditioner but i never tried it to cowash would this be considered a protein or moisturizing condition im natural 4 something type hair that has a tendency to become dry and protein sensitive.

sxytia07

i ran out of leave in and used my suave coconut as one today...i'm impressed! two thumbs up! think i'll be doing that more often...saves so much money!

chebaby

i havent used this in a long while. i remember it being runny and not as thick as the vo5 moisture milks like i like.

Wanderland

Don't be sorry: as you are here longer, you will lose the tendency to think of "white" products and "black" products. We use products that WORK - whether or not the manufacturer uses AA models and whether or not it is made by Posner. :yep:

Cosign times a million!

I like this conditioner OK for co-wash but preferred the smell of Milk and Honey. I find most suave conditioners to be similar in results so I just use whatever tickles my olfactory senses the most.

Wanderland

Suave is Ok but I like White Rain and V05 much better.

LOL, I prefer suave for its moisture effects but LOVE the variety of smells from VO5, and the selection of different type of conditioners for co-washes like Clarifying vs. strengthening

MsEllie

I'm rather new but I use it for my cowashes and my hair loves them - I've tried so far the tropical coconut and the Fresh Mountain Strawberry - I have the Refreshing Tangerine still have to try it - Next I'm looking at the Vo5 products. I love them and co washing... I've gotten so many compliments on my hair in the last couple of weeks and its because of the cowashing :grin:

brucebettye

I love sauve conditioners for my cowashing. It is great and cheap and I have been using them for over a year and my hair is doing great. I do get funny looks for all types of woman when I purchase it at Walmart.
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

MrJohnsonsRib

See I've been wondering if using the Suave for a leave-in is a problem, cause I have...I usually will maybe once a week use shampoo and if I had a hard week where I decided to wear a wig or "tried" too many new products that week I will use my trusty Suave Clarifying Shampoo (luv that stuff). Ooh question- does the Suave Clarifying Conditioner clarify too or is it just made with extra moisture value to balance out the shampoo's deep cleansing properties? I've stayed away from it because I thought that it was intended to clarify too. (lol) However I've been using the Tropical Coconut, Ocean Breeze AND Green Apple for my cowashes and for a leave-in with some EVCO and/or EVOO mixed in...I've been playing with the mixes to see which is best, so far so good. I usually cowash every night with Suave and detangle with my knock-off Denman and Suave gives so much slip and my knock-off Denman works very well at detangling and gathering all loose hair on my head....if the REAL Denman is truly better than my knock-off then I will purchase it ASAP but if nobody thinks neither are superior to each other than- I'm cool. :)