stronger hair

locabouthair

i think my hair is kinda weak. i have split ends. im natural but i am wearing it pressed right now. does anyone have any tips to make my hair stronger. oh and i think i get less than .25 inch a month is that normal?

Isis

I've learned here that using direct heat often can cause split ends. I'm not natural but before LHCF, I used a hot comb and curling iron on my hair (besides the blow dryer) and had split ends and thinning hair. My hair was see-through.

My hair became stronger only after I gave up all heat which was about 2 1/2 years ago. I also learned to keep my hair moisturized all the time, especially my ends. Preserving the ends is what will show the length since our hair is always growing.

Again, I'm not natural but someone who is may have tips on protecting your ends while pressing.

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
Give your hair a break from the heat. And add a light protein to your regime, like Aubrey GPB or Nexxus Kerraphix.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

My hair started to get very weak and thin but I was not using any heat though apart from weekly deep conditioning. However, I purchased Nutrine Garlic shampoo out of frustration and its the best 4 dollars I have ever spent. I felt a difference in my hair immediately after the first wash:eek: :eek: I saw less hairs in my hands during washing my hair and it made my hair feel strong and thick. I still can't get over it.:clapping: :yay:If don't want to purchase it you might want to consider consuming alot of garlic in your diet or taking garlic tablets. You could also try making a garlic hot oil treatment with a carrier oil and some crush garlic or use a blender to extract the garlic juice and mix the carrier oil and garlic extract together.

You may also want to cut down on the heat as the other ladies suggested or use a good heat protectant because the heat can be a killer.

HTH:)

mochamadness

Going the Distance
I'm not a natural, but what helps me when my hair is kinda weak is Nexxus emergencee, or nexxus keraphix. It helps to build the protein bonds back to your hair strands.

morehairplease

mochamadness said:
I'm not a natural, but what helps me when my hair is kinda weak is Nexxus emergencee, or nexxus keraphix. It helps to build the protein bonds back to your hair strands.

mocha sweetie did you get my pm RE:your regieme?
tia