Stretching relaxers and bantu knots

LongHairSoon

I'm at week 17 post relaxer. I usually just wear my hair in cornrows all week or a braid out. Recently i've noticed that when I comb out the braid out so much hair falls out that I feel as if i'll be bald the next day. Any suggestions? Also does anyone have pictures of how to do bantu knots?

Wildflower

Grow, hair,Grow!!!
Try this bantu knots

Hope it helps

Wildflower

Isis

I've learned not to comb out braidouts and especially not to comb my hair when stretching out relaxers. I airdry my hair so combing is only done under a shower to detangle after my conditioning and after apply a leave-in on my wet hair. No combing after that at all until next wash time.
No breakage and only normal shedding.

L

ladybug

Yeah i had a situation like that this week when I wore a braid-out I combed it out and wayyyyyyyy too much hair came out...but it was the comb I was using.... I tried another comb and it helped alot...

For me I have to comb my hair out after a braid-out-but I only do so with my watery motions leav-in...since I am 3 months post texturizer...with the thickness my hair already has plus new growth combing out is not an option more like a neccesity...

Leslie_C

I only finger comb (with oil dipped fingers) my braid outs and fluff it out for body. Ive recently learned the hard way that the less I comb my hair, the better off I am. U may also want to invest in bone or seamless combs...thats my next investment!

Isis

I agree Leslie C - I only finger comb between washings and I invested in a bone comb and seamless comb last year.

keylargo

I've learned the hard way about combing my hair too much when it's dry. I never comb through my braidouts. I only use my fingers to separate. I don't comb my hair to rebraid either. I don't comb my hair until I wash and have conditioner on it. That's made a huge difference for me.