Straight Hair Natural's Support Thread

i notice some of my so called butter that have water listed and i didn't pay attention my hair reverts when i think i'm moisturizing my straight hair.

If my hair is super moisturized and flat ironed in very small sections, it won't revert all that much except for a little bit at the roots. NEVER wear a hat while working out if you want to keep hair straight. A high tight ponytail will keep me relatively straight. Then I find if I add serum and tie my scarf tightly, my roots will flatten out again overnight.

If my flatiron job gets ruined, i kinda have an attitude of...oh well. I'm not going to stop working out (I'm a part time personal trainer) so I roll with it in a bun or do bantu knot outs or add some foam wrap and throw it on some flexirods. I don't usually try to add heat because I find it never gets quite as straight as it was, so it's just a waste of damage. I just roll with the puffier texture and get creative. or i throw up my hands and cowash and bun until i'm ready to straighten it or style it again.
i feel you not working out is not a option for me either. but i have notice some of my moisturizers have water in them and that too revert my straight styles my fault for not reading.

Okay so I'm not sure if I did wrong or not lol--
I got my hair straightened and so far it's been great-- I've gotten compliments, people have been surprised at how long it got etc.
but my moisture level!!

It usually feels soooo soft when it's curly, because I have my staples for when my hair is curly and I've mastered my personal protein-moisture balance, I DC weekly, etc.

But for the last few days I was putting oil on it like no one's business, because I just didn't feel like the serums were giving me the softness my hair should have.

And then last night was really windy here in NYC so it made my hair feel oily and dry at the same time!!! :giveup:

So when I got back to my dorm I went straight for a thick creamy moisture butter and put it all over my hair....and it finally got soft like I wanted AND didn't revert.

Sorry for the :blah::blah:, but all of this to ask:

Would using a more moisturizing/better DC (my stylist used a Dominican DC called Dominican Magic) or maybe using a leave in like Mizani Nighttime before blow drying help my hair's moisture level while straight?

Or should I just keep using the moisture butter (I just feel like it would weigh down my hair using it every day)

Thank you all in advance! :grouphug3:
Sorry, I don't have an answer to your question, BUT WHAT was the moisture butter you use that softened your hair but didn't revert it? I need that.

TIA

@Dayjoy lol! Well it's from the Oyin Handmade line-- the Whipped Pudding.
Yeah it actually has water as the first ingredient and Shea butter as the second...but my hair didn't revert for some reason.

@alex114 use a smoothing leave in like Garnier Sleek and shine cream. Only use a pea size amount and your hair won't revert.
@Prettymetty which sleek and shine do you use? I have this

I would add the smallest amount of the garnier to your dry hair. It reverts my hair with ease! Lol what works for Metty may or may not work. Just be careful and mindful.

But it has a lovely scent and was a staple when I had my twa.

i'm trying to be a straight hair natural but i work out 4-5 times a week and i sweat in my hair, does anyone has this challenge and what do you do?

A high, tight ponytail, as mentioned above, and a moisture-wick headband while exercising. I do not take my ponytail down until my hair is dry, and I keep a silk scarf wrapped around my edges while it dries post-workout. I sweat a lot from my head, but when I do this, my roots are only a little puffy.

Fresh blow out coming soon, as in tomorrow morning. My hair has been straight for the last three weeks. This last week I've been switching between my two French twists and rolling with perm rods.

I'll surely get a deep condition tomorrow and a dusting if needed.

I need a good recommendation for a serum for blow drying my hair. I see something from Aussie that looks nice but I don't see it anywhere else but Amazon and I'm afraid I'll like it too much and have no other way to buy it.

I need a good recommendation for a serum for blow drying my hair. I see something from Aussie that looks nice but I don't see it anywhere else but Amazon and I'm afraid I'll like it too much and have no other way to buy it.
I LOVE Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum. I feel as though it actually does what it claims to do, which i think is is so rare with most hair products :lol:
-decreases drying time-i blowdry my hair very quickly with this
-gets the hair straighter than with other serums

that's all i use when flatironing. the generic sally's version is pretty nice, but i prefer the real thing.

I did my favorite super quick style just now. I can be cute in about 30 minutes flat doing this.
1. Cowash in the shower.
2. Blowdry my hair-that super skinny gets my hair almost straight in about 15 minutes
3. Use my wand curl to create wave/curls-kinda looks like a bantu knot out with half the effort.
4. Slick down my edges and style my baby hurr. :look:

I LOVE how it looks.

Perm rods are helping me preserve my blowout when I don't pin curl at night, but I can't get over the feeling that they are the reason my edges feel thinned out a bit.

Suggestions to avoid this ladies???

Back