Store Pulls Christian Magazine for Honoring Female Clergy

tmichelle

It's okay, no offense taken. Would you mind telling why you disagree?
I know the donkey didn't speak in God's house. How can women prophesy and not be allowed to speak in church? What about prayer?
And can someone please tell me what this has to do with male leadership? I really thought it was all about the hearts of God's people being reconciled to Him as well as it being His pleasure to reign in His kingdom... these sound like legalisms to me... I'm not nit picking here but I would like to understand.... :perplexed

Sure, I'll pm you later today.

momi

I don't think the issue discussed here is women having the authority to speak in the church. There are many women noted in scripture that prophesy and proclaim God's word.

tmichelle

It's okay, no offense taken. Would you mind telling why you disagree?
I know the donkey didn't speak in God's house. How can women prophesy and not be allowed to speak in church? What about prayer?
And can someone please tell me what this has to do with male leadership? I really thought it was all about the hearts of God's people being reconciled to Him as well as it being His pleasure to reign in His kingdom... these sound like legalisms to me... I'm not nit picking here but I would like to understand.... :perplexed

I pm'd a 3 part response (sorry for the length).

Nice & Wavy

When things are outside of God's natural order, I'm sure it makes HIM sad as well.

I'm sure it does, and people assuming that whom He uses for His Glory and to help deliver people from a life of sin that they are in a wrong place, breaks his heart even more.:ohwell:

MrsQueeny

This thread and many like it makes me sad.

*shakes my head and leaves this thread right away*

You know it used to bother me but now it doesn't. You know I am about my Father's business and doing the work HE has called me to do. As long as HE is pleased with me, no one else matters. Blessings to you my sister. Q

Caramela

I'm sure it does, and people assuming that whom He uses for His Glory and to help deliver people from a life of sin that they are in a wrong place, breaks his heart even more.:ohwell:

That is so true. People should not lean upon their own understanding as indicated in Proverbs 3:5. If we follow what the word of God says regarding leadership in His Church, and not our personal assumptions, there would be no room for error on our part. It's a good thing that there are many ways for God to use us for his glory and help deliver people from a life of sin other than women being pastors, bishops and deacons. Praise God!

Nice & Wavy

You know it used to bother me but now it doesn't. You know I am about my Father's business and doing the work HE has called me to do. As long as HE is pleased with me, no one else matters. Blessings to you my sister. Q

Thank you my sister.

This is why I can understand the people who don't come to the CF because of nonsense.

I thank God that He uses me in PM land for such a time as this!

MrsQueeny

Thank you my sister.

This is why I can understand the people who don't come to the CF because of nonsense.

I thank God that He uses me in PM land for such a time as this!

Well some folks like to be right but I am focused on being righteous which is right in God's eyes. He speaks to me enough that if I was not doing His will, I would have been called on it already. I never asked for it, He called me. So as a good daughter would, I am following the words of my Father. I love all of my sisters and Christ regardless but I won't let how others feel keep me from doing the work He called me to. Q

Nice & Wavy

That is so true. People should not lean upon their own understanding as indicated in Proverbs 3:5. If we follow what the word of God says regarding leadership in His Church, and not our personal assumptions, there would be no room for error on our part. It's a good thing that there are many ways for God to use us for his glory and help deliver people from a life of sin other than women being pastors, bishops and deacons. Praise God!

I thank God everyday that He uses those of us who listen to His voice, and the voice of a stranger they do not follow. Keep preaching, Women of God!!

I thank God that He uses me to lead people to Jesus, and that He allows me the strength to get up at 3am when someone is in the hospital and when some wife is abused and need help, or the teen that calls me when they need help because of drug addiction or pregnancy or when a parent needs a shoulder to cry on and someone to talk to because the children are stressing him/her out or allows me to pray that God's will be done in the life of a person who is thinking about suicide, and that He gives me His power to lay hands on the sick and see them recover.....oh, yes....I thank Him for this! I also thank Him for those who come to the altar to give their lives to Christ, after I have given the Word of God...Oh, yes....He is wonderful indeed! Why just the other week, 30 people gave their lives to Jesus, after I preached the Word! Isn't that wonderful?

Oh, He's a wonderful God and One that chooses whom He wills to do His good pleasure and I thank God that HE CHOSE ME...I WILL CONTINUE TO SUBMIT TO HIS WILL AND TO DO WHAT HE TELLS ME TO DO!!!

Praise Ye the Lord, for it's His Mercy that endures....forever!

Nice & Wavy

Well some folks like to be right but I am focused on being righteous which is right in God's eyes. He speaks to me enough that if I was not doing His will, I would have been called on it already. I never asked for it, He called me. So as a good daughter would, I am following the words of my Father. I love all of my sisters and Christ regardless but I won't let how others feel keep me from doing the work He called me to. Q

Amen.....I'm in total agreement with you, Minister Que!

Bless you and your ministry, always!

Nice & Wavy

This is such a blessing, Que!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Ruth, Esther, Deborah,

ALL of US here, carrying the word and we 'teach' , 'preach', 'pray', lead, set free, people around us each and everyday.

Our husbands, DEPEND upon our 'leadership' in Christ Jesus. Our Male Pastors depend upon the leadership we 'women' have in Christ Jesus.

If more Male Men were doing what they should be doing, there wouldn't be a need for women heading a Church. But God still uses whom He wills and whether we like it or not, it's not going to change.

Where would this forum be , let alone our lives and the lives of others, were we 'women' not leaders of God's word.

In this day in which we live, evil is too prevelant for women not to be leaders in God's word. It's the only reason God hasn't come to destoy this earth. We carry the Word... Women and without it, death would surely be master.

Taking a 'stand' on traditions isn't the weapon we need against today's demons. We need strong weapons of spiritual warfare and men alone can't do it. God knows what He's doing for when you see a woman Pastor, thank God, for God has raised up a standard against the enemy where he thought was a foothold.

You see, wherever there's a gap, satan slips in. God is filling the gaps with men and women. Joel 2 plainly states it, that in the last days, that God will be pouring out His Spirit upon ALL flesh. And it's the flesh who receives and absorbs the Spirit of God, as opposed to the spirit of this world, whom God will use.

This woman Pastor is God's Shield of Faith where satan cannot enter. God has set a standard -- a bound, that satan cannot cross over.

Be free my sisters and brothers...... be free and uphold every man and woman bearing the Word of God. For we cannot afford to spend and waste time disputing gender or even making extreme comparisons (i.e. homosexuality). This creates a gap in our walls of protection, and satan will slip even a fungus toenail in, if he can.

Let the woman prevail, for the Holy Spirit is STILL in control, not satan. God needs us and our Men need us all the more. We are 'meeting' their help quite suitable. :yep: :heart2:

Nice & Wavy

Ruth, Esther, Deborah,

ALL of US here, carrying the word and we 'teach' , 'preach', 'pray', lead, set free, people around us each and everyday.

Our husbands, DEPEND upon our 'leadership' in Christ Jesus. Our Male Pastors depend upon the leadership we 'women' have in Christ Jesus.

If more Male Men were doing what they should be doing, there wouldn't be a need for women heading a Church. But God still uses whom He wills and whether we like it or not, it's not going to change.

Where would this forum be , let alone our lives and the lives of others, were we 'women' not leaders of God's word.

In this day in which we live, evil is too prevelant for women not to be leaders in God's word. It's the only reason God hasn't come to destoy this earth. We carry the Word... Women and without it, death would surely be master.

Taking a 'stand' on traditions isn't the weapon we need against today's demons. We need strong weapons of spiritual warfare and men alone can't do it. God knows what He's doing for when you see a woman Pastor, thank God, for God has raised up a standard against the enemy where he thought was a foothold.

You see, wherever there's a gap, satan slips in. God is filling the gaps with men and women. Joel 2 plainly states it, that in the last days, that God will be pouring out His Spirit upon ALL flesh. And it's the flesh who receives and absorbs the Spirit of God, as opposed to the spirit of this world, whom God will use.

This woman Pastor is God's Shield of Faith where satan cannot enter. God has set a standard -- a bound, that satan cannot cross over.

Be free my sisters and brothers...... be free and uphold every man and woman bearing the Word of God. For we cannot afford to spend and waste time disputing gender or even making extreme comparisons (i.e. homosexuality). This creates a gap in our walls of protection, and satan will slip even a fungus toenail in, if he can.

Let the woman prevail, for the Holy Spirit is STILL in control, not satan. God needs us and our Men need us all the more. We are 'meeting' their help quite suitable. :yep: :heart2:

My Lord and my God! Thank you for this Woman of God that you have placed here on this forum with wisdom and might. Thank you, Father, for allowing her the opportunity to pour this wisdom out into our lives, by your Holy Spirit.

Bless her in every area of her life, abundantly. In Jesus precious and Holy name...AMEN!!!

I love you, sis!

Shimmie

Staff member
My Lord and my God! Thank you for this Woman of God that you have placed here on this forum with wisdom and might. Thank you, Father, for allowing her the opportunity to pour this wisdom out into our lives, by your Holy Spirit.

Bless her in every area of her life, abundantly. In Jesus precious and Holy name...AMEN!!!

I love you, sis!
And Precious Wavy, I love you :kiss:

"Iron Sharpens Iron"....

Precious Wavy, I pray this very prayer for you, my brother --- your husband who looks unto you to sharpen the sword of the Spirit which he bears so courageously and against a world so full of sin and destruction.

And for every woman who bears the FULL armor of God and looks not back, neither hesitates to answer when called.

The word of God says, "Deep Calls Unto Deep". We women are the vessels who carry the Word deep within our bellies. We out number those in Church attendence; we out number those who 'hear' the cries of hunger, be it hunger for food, thirst, or God's love.

We have a bottomless chamber that continues to 'draw' waters which are needed to quench the thirst and the void of this world, filled with so many whom are lost and without God.

Was Proverbs 31 written in vain? Of whom does it speak? Of a man's virtue or that of a woman called Virtuous?

Women are indeed called to lead. Not in oppostion to the head which is her husband, for it is he who rises up and calls her blessed. He rises up....embrace those words about husbands....'He rises up'; the man rises UP to the woman who carries the word and leads him in Virtue. She does :yep: ... She does. :love2:

I can't help but wonder how many marriages have been saved by women who would not give up her 'Lead' in Worship, Prayer, and Consecration unto the Lord.

How many Pastors have been shielded from falling into the pits of sin, lust and self-destruction, were it not for the woman/women who took heed to lead.

How many children have been saved from the Pied Piper of destructive paths, had it not been for the woman who took heed to lead.

How many Samuels have been birthed and nutured into this earth, For it was Hannah, not her husband who took the lead in earnest, ferverent prayer, to conceive a son whom was dedicated unto the Lord.

Had a woman lead, would the sons of Eli have sinned so profusely upon the Temple steps of God? Their father Eli, a man failed to stop them.

Does not Proverbs instruct the son, to take heed to his mother's words?

Women were designed and created to lead. Above men? Nno :nono:...beside them? Yes :yep:, and when no other call is answered, she stands as the Shepperd whom God has called to take the stand, abandoned by man.

Iron Sharpens Iron. There's none sharper than a woman whose lead is to sharpen that of men. :love3:

Nice & Wavy

And Precious Wavy, I love you :kiss:

"Iron Sharpens Iron"....

Precious Wavy, I pray this very prayer for you, my brother --- your husband who looks unto you to sharpen the sword of the Spirit which he bears so courageously and against a world so full of sin and destruction.

And for every woman who bears the FULL armor of God and looks not back, neither hesitates to answer when called.

The word of God says, "Deep Calls Unto Deep". We women are the vessels who carry the Word deep within our bellies. We out number those in Church attendence; we out number those who 'hear' the cries of hunger, be it hunger for food, thirst, or God's love.

We have a bottomless chamber that continues to 'draw' waters which are needed to quench the thirst and the void of this world, filled with so many whom are lost and without God.

Was Proverbs 31 written in vain? Of whom does it speak? Of a man's virtue or that of a woman called Virtuous?

Women are indeed called to lead. Not in oppostion to the head which is her husband, for it is he who rises up and calls her blessed. He rises up....embrace those words about husbands....'He rises up'; the man rises UP to the woman who carries the word and leads him in Virtue. She does :yep: ... She does. :love2:

I can't help but wonder how many marriages have been saved by women who would not give up her 'Lead' in Worship, Prayer, and Consecration unto the Lord.

How many Pastors have been shielded from falling into the pits of sin, lust and self-destruction, were it not for the woman/women who took heed to lead.

How many children have been saved from the Pied Piper of destructive paths, had it not been for the woman who took heed to lead.

How many Samuels have been birthed and nutured into this earth, For it was Hannah, not her husband who took the lead in earnest, ferverent prayer, to conceive a son whom was dedicated unto the Lord.

Had a woman lead, would the sons of Eli have sinned so profusely upon the Temple steps of God? Their father Eli, a man failed to stop them.

Does not Proverbs instruct the son, to take heed to his mother's words?

Women were designed and created to lead. Above men? Nno :nono:...beside them? Yes :yep:, and when no other call is answered, she stands as the Shepperd whom God has called to take the stand, abandoned by man.

Iron Sharpens Iron. There's none sharper than a woman whose lead is to sharpen that of men. :love3:

Thank you sis...and I love you too.

Thank you for encouraging me in this. Sometimes things can become quite disturbing to the soul...but, God blesses me with you and your words of love and of peace. You truly are a blessing in my life.

Thank you...I mean that, from the bottom of my heart:love3:

Shimmie

Staff member
Thank you sis...and I love you too.

Thank you for encouraging me in this. Sometimes things can become quite disturbing to the soul...but, God blesses me with you and your words of love and of peace. You truly are a blessing in my life.

Thank you...I mean that, from the bottom of my heart:love3:
:kiss: :flowers: :love3:

On the Natural Level of this topic. Who was the one who pulled the 'switch' from the hedges and wore my little legs up when I was disobedient? Ummmmmmm, My Mama and my Grand mama :rolleyes: And their very words were, "I'm fnna beat the devil out of you." :lol:

Oh Lawd... "fnna', finna, finna.... She tore my legs up. Women don't play when it comes to devils. :lol: :lachen:

Caramela

I thank God everyday that He uses those of us who listen to His voice, and the voice of a stranger they do not follow. Keep preaching, Women of God!!

I thank God that He uses me to lead people to Jesus, and that He allows me the strength to get up at 3am when someone is in the hospital and when some wife is abused and need help, or the teen that calls me when they need help because of drug addiction or pregnancy or when a parent needs a shoulder to cry on and someone to talk to because the children are stressing him/her out or allows me to pray that God's will be done in the life of a person who is thinking about suicide, and that He gives me His power to lay hands on the sick and see them recover.....oh, yes....I thank Him for this! I also thank Him for those who come to the altar to give their lives to Christ, after I have given the Word of God...Oh, yes....He is wonderful indeed! Why just the other week, 30 people gave their lives to Jesus, after I preached the Word! Isn't that wonderful?

Oh, He's a wonderful God and One that chooses whom He wills to do His good pleasure and I thank God that HE CHOSE ME...I WILL CONTINUE TO SUBMIT TO HIS WILL AND TO DO WHAT HE TELLS ME TO DO!!!

Those are wonderful things God has allowed you to do. Praise God for that. But a woman could still do wonderful things for Christ without also being disobedient to his word by preaching and assuming leadership. It is against the natural order God has set into place. However, we all have our own free will and eyes to read and a mind to understand the word of the bible. And it's such a blessed thing that there is no private interpretation of the bible. It says what it says. And nowhere does it say that women should be in the position of elder, deacon, or bishop. I am happy that I serve a merciful God.
Best wishes to you in your walk and your unadultered obedience to the scriptures.

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Those are wonderful things God has allowed you to do. Praise God for that. But a woman could still do wonderful things for Christ without also being disobedient to his word by preaching and assuming leadership.

It is against the natural order God has set into place.

However, we all have our own free will and eyes to read and a mind to understand the word of the bible. And it's such a blessed thing that there is no private interpretation of the bible. It says what it says. And nowhere does it say that women should be in the position of elder, deacon, or bishop. I am happy that I serve a merciful God.
Best wishes to you in your walk and your unadultered obedience to the scriptures.
But when Male Men do not follow, God Does raise up a woman in his stead. It's not a woman 'assuming' leadership, she's been placed there where no man could be found.

When Paul (the Apostle) spoke these things, men were there in multitudes, yet where are they now? We need to count God's undying mercy for calling a woman to fill the void which has been abandoned by so many men. This is scriptual.

Granted there are SOME women 'assuming' the postion, yet there are as many men doing the same...in full assumption.

God calls and appoints whom He will, be it male or female. We have to tear down the blinders and allow God to show us whom He has called and not whom we assume is assuming.

Don't let satan rob you of this...God may be calling 'you' and the very thing hindering your yield to Him is the traditions of men.

Remember it's still God whom we answer to when called; He's watching over His word to perform it; not ours.

Traditions stifle, strangle, and choke the very word of God from being brought forth. God is searching for those who will hear Him and answer, "Yes Lord, here am I ... use me."

Love and blessings to you. :bighug:

Nice & Wavy

Those are wonderful things God has allowed you to do. Praise God for that. But a woman could still do wonderful things for Christ without also being disobedient to his word by preaching and assuming leadership. It is against the natural order God has set into place. However, we all have our own free will and eyes to read and a mind to understand the word of the bible. And it's such a blessed thing that there is no private interpretation of the bible. It says what it says. And nowhere does it say that women should be in the position of elder, deacon, or bishop. I am happy that I serve a merciful God.

Wow...:nono::nono: I know that the Bible says that you will know a man (and in this case a woman) by their fruit:perplexed

I'm going to say it again and then I'm going to leave this thread because I don't get into silly arguments.:rolleyes:

"....walk a mile in my shoes and see how far The Father takes you!"

Nice & Wavy

But when Male Men do not follow, God Does raise up a woman in his stead. It's not a woman 'assuming' leadership, she's been placed there where no man could be found.

When Paul (the Apostle) spoke these things, men were there in multitudes, yet where are they now? We need to count God's undying mercy for calling a woman to fill the void which has been abandoned by so many men. This is scriptual.

Granted there are SOME women 'assuming' the postion, yet there are as many men doing the same...in full assumption.

God calls and appoints whom He will, be it male or female. We have to tear down the blinders and allow God to show us whom He has called and not whom we assume is assuming.

Don't let satan rob you of this...God may be calling 'you' and the very thing hindering your yield to Him is the traditions of men.

Remember it's still God whom we answer to when called; He's watching over His word to perform it; not ours.

Traditions stifle, strangle, and choke the very word of God from being brought forth. God is searching for those who will hear Him and answer, "Yes Lord, here am I ... use me."

Thank you sis for your post. I appreciate you very much.

Blessings....always.

Caramela

Women in the pulpit is a tradition of man, not of the bible. So I won't be in any danger of Satan robbing me of anything. Thank the Lord!

Caramela

Wow...:nono::nono: I know that the Bible says that you will know a man (and in this case a woman) by their fruit:perplexed

I'm going to say it again and then I'm going to leave this thread because I don't get into silly arguments.:rolleyes:

"....walk a mile in my shoes and see how far The Father takes you!"

The bible and the things taught there in are far from silly. Maybe a little less walking, and a little more studying the scriptures is in order.
But the bible does warn against itching ears....some people just hear what they want to hear and believe what they want to believe regardless of what the scriptures say. The only thing "silly" is when a person can read the scriptures for themselves, and directly dispute it and justify their own actions.

tmichelle

Caramela,

pm me if you'd like to discuss the role of women further. I think it is very pertinent in our post-modern age. It can't be glossed over. I've had some very good dialogue in pm world during this thread and would love to hear and share with you.

Britt

:clap: :notworthy :clap:

Shimmie

Staff member
In Christ we are definitely one. Does this mean that we are all called to the same roles?

If so then I suppose you would have no issue with any distinction? Including homosexual marriages?
This bolded statement makes me cry. I can't understand why it was even stated :nono:

It has nothing to do with the topic, nothing. homosexual marriages do not give honor or glory to God; yet a woman ministering God's word gives FULL glory to Him and to those being ministered to.

I have to come back to this question. How many lives have been saved, changed, bowed to the Altar of God, because a woman, moved by the Spirit of God, allowed herself to be used to bring about God's deliverance?

The answer: Far too many to count; far, far too many. And far too many, yet waiting.

I thank God for the men AND women who yield to Him each day. From the streets to the Altar, souls are being rescued each day, because of God's ordain, 'Male and Female' created He, them; created in the very likeness of Him, His 'Express Image', to bear His Holy Spirit as 'One' and so we are, both Male and Female doing the work of God together.

Last edited:

tmichelle

This bolded statement makes me cry. I can't understand why it was even stated :nono:

It has nothing to do with the topic, nothing. homosexual marriages do not give honor or glory to God; yet a woman ministering God's word gives FULL glory to Him and to those being ministered to.

I have to come back to this question. How many lives have been saved, changed, bowed to the Altar of God, because a woman, moved by the Spirit of God, allowed herself to be used to bring about God's deliverance?

The answer: Far too many to count; far, far too many. And far too many, yet waiting.

I thank God for the men AND women who yield to Him each day. From the streets to the Altar, souls are being rescued each day, because of God's ordain, 'Male and Female' created He, them; created in the very likeness of Him, His 'Express Image', to bear His Holy Spirit as 'One' and so we are, both Male and Female doing the work of God together.

Didn't mean to make you cry. I'm not getting into it with anyone on this one. I don't agree with you at all.

PaperClip

Sexism (according to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary) is defined as "prejudice or discrimination based on sex ; especially : discrimination against women.

I am fully persuaded that the Lord Jesus Christ is not a sexist.

FYI:

http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur47384.cfm
CNN'S ROLAND MARTIN SAYS 'GIVE LIFEWAY STORES HELL': Pundit not pleased with treatment of Gospel Today Magazine and publisher.

In an article written by CNN’s Roland Martin he says, “The conduct of Lifeway and the Southern Baptist Convention (pulling Gospel Today magazine from shelves because it shows five female pastors on the front cover) is shameful, and they owe (Teresa) Hairston an apology for their actions. Yet she's taken it in stride, saying that instead of giving the company hell, she'll ‘give them heaven.’ I say, give them a lot of hell for this, because they deserve it for actions.”

Hairston has published her magazine for 19 years said she has never faced a major situation with Christian bookstores across the country that carries the publication. She's tackled any number of issues over the years, and has featured a number of celebrities and ministers, ranging from Yolanda Adams to Bishop T.D. Jakes to Kirk Franklin.

Hairston said Lifeway Christian Stores treated her like she had converted her Christian publication to something akin to the tastes of porn purveyor Larry Flynt.

The owner of Lifeway, the Southern Baptist Convention, wasn't too happy with Hairston telling the story of female pastors, because the women go against their 2000 decree that only men can serve in the role of reverend or pastor. According to Martin’s article Hairston said the “Christian” company didn't even give her the courtesy of a heads-up.

"We got an anonymous tip," she told Roland Martin on The Tom Joyner Morning Show and after checking it out, she discovered that the magazine had been removed from the shelves in all of Lifeway's 100-plus stores nationwide and had been placed behind the counter.

Roland talked about how is wife was a longtime Lifeway teacher.

“She had taught at the company's teaching centers for years, but then one day, she was notified that she would have to take down her website and comply with their rules against female pastors or be dropped as a teacher. Her crime? Calling herself the Rev. Jacquie Hood Martin,” Martin said.

Roland’s wife graduated from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary; was the first female staff pastor at Houston's Brookhollow Baptist Church/the Church Without Walls, a Southern Baptist Convention church; and has been leading folks to the Lord all over the country for 20 years. (Source: www.CNN.com / www.articlesofinfro.com)