Stopped Using EPO! Breasts Feel Much Better...

loverofnaps71

I had been taking Evening Primrose now for about 4 months. Several posters suggested that EPO may cause swelling in the breasts...extra boobies that I DON'T need! In addition, the EPO would make my breasts very hard, heavy and painful. I've now quit taking the EPO, and I must report that I feel so much better. Even while on my period, my breasts have not swelled, nor do they hurt. That's why I could attribute my problems to EPO.

I know that the properties of EPO are VERY beneficial to hair growth and overall health, so I'm a little disappointed. However, since being on my new diet and exercise regimen, I'm taking in more protein and eating much more fish [an excellent source of fatty acids]. I've also been taking Cod Liver Oil for about 3 months now and have experienced no problems....

How's everyone else been doing with EPO?

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
loverofnaps71 said:
Several posters suggested that EPO may cause swelling in the breasts...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I just started taking it, and I'm HOPING (ok, actually, I'm PRAYING) that I get this particular side effect!!

CrownnGlori

I have been taking it for a couple of months. It is also supposed to help with PMS. I honestly believe they feel firmer. Sorry for your pain.

miss_brown

I'm sorry you had such a bad reaction. I was one of the posters who experienced the breast swelling with EPO, as well as the benefits of softer hair, clearer skin, and no PMS. Unfortunately, I had to get rid of it because of the breast swelling.

Hmmmmm... Maybe if I try the cod liver oil or another EFA I can have all the health/beauty effects without the bigger boobies

greenidlady1

I got the swelling too and didn't need that!

Another thing you can try to get the benefits of EPO is to just break open the capsule and add the actual oil to your coconut oil or whatever oil you use in your hair. The oil has a slightly nutty aroma, but you don't notice it when you add another oil to it.

This was one of my first "discoveries" and the result was softer hair and incredible shine.

Take care,
G

OnceUponAtime

[ QUOTE ]
loverofnaps71 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

My cup(s) runneth over.
I have to cease taking this supplement before I have to start customizing my bras. I take a GNC multi-oil supplement and am now looking for a replacement that is EPO free.

chicamorena

loverofnaps71, I'm so glad you posted this because I was experiencing the same thing and that's why I stopped taking it. I start taking it before I joined this board and found out that it was great for hair. Unfortunately I had to stop taking it because my bust size was getting to big. I'm a tiny person, so an increased bust size only caused me back pain.
And I know it's supposed to alleviate PMS, but it seemed to make mine worse.

cary

[ QUOTE ]
loverofnaps71 said:
Several posters suggested that EPO may cause swelling in the breasts...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I have been taking EPO for 2 months and I'm sad to report that I have NOT experienced this side effect.

It has helped substantially with menstrual cramping and has contributed to much, much softer and clearer skin. For those reasons alone, it's a keeper.

hotshot

are you guys kidding me? ive been taking flax, but i may have to switch up to EPO! and the PMS relief couldnt hurt. . .

soslychic

I experienced the breast thing, but I have to say that it wasn't exactly an unwanted side effect
I havn't noticed less cramps, clear or softer skin, or any difference in hair however

L.Mo.

You guys are making me want to try again!! I could do with this as a side effect!!

EPO always gave me pimples in the past. i've tried a few times, and I always have the same problem. My mom said so too... Sounds like others haven't had this issue.... Maybe I'll try again.

MissJ

Where do I find this stuff?
I just hope that I don't end up looking like Pamela Anderson!

loverofnaps71

O.K. for all you ladies who want BIGGER boobs [I'll never understand it] EPO will DEFINITELY do the trick! Good luck and thanks for ya'll's responses!

P.S. Ricamorena03: My pre-PMS symptoms were horrible, too. As soon as I stopped taking EPO, those symptoms disappeared. Just goes to show that everyone's body reacts differently to different things. I LOVE Cod Liver Oil and would suggest that. My sister takes Fish Oil. I'll have to look at the ingredients to ensure no EPO.

loverofnaps71

O.K., just checked the ingredients for fish oil and NO EPO...at least not in the brand that she uses...

[Loverofnaps71...just saying NO to bigger tits! Just saying NO!!!!!!
]

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
karezone said:
How much are you all taking?

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to take one softgel (1,000 mg) each day, with a meal. The dosage on my container was 1 to 3 softgels per day.

loverofnaps71

I take the capsule form. Don't think I can tolerate the liquid form. The capsules are smooth and clear, so there's no problem with swallowing. They're also small.

DelightfulFlame

Shoot...extra boobies?! I need to up my dosage- LOL!

I love EPO. Since beginning to take it, my cycles are heavenly. The doctor had prescribed birth control pills, which I hated taking. I've long since thrown those things in the trash since EPO came along. I used to have major cramps that caused me to miss work a day every month.

keeshesfromindy

I have just been poking a hole in the softgel and putting it on my hair, just a little bit though. I'm not sure if I can take it the regular way.
Keeshes

ChocoKitty

Hmmm....extra boobies or better periods?

I've taken days off because of my period too. Recently I've been thinking to add EPO to my vitamin regimen.
I'd like to try them and see what happens...

Larger over the shoulder boulder holders may be needed if this helps with my period....

cary

[ QUOTE ]
karezone said:
Will it make a difference if I get the liquid instead of softgels?

[/ QUOTE ]

What matters is the amount of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) that is in the dosage that you do take - whatever the form. When I took 2 1,000 mg pills of EPO a day, I was getting around 200 mg of GLA. When I switched to taking 1/2 teaspoon of EPO in liquid form, I was getting about 225 mg of GLA. Now, I take an Omega 3, 6, 9 combo oil, which contains approximately 432 mg of GLA, but most of the GLA is obtained from borage oil (which contains higher quantities of GLA than EPO). The combo oil itself contains flaxseed oil, borage oil and EPO.

Articles I've read suggest at least 200 mg of GLA a day. I believe you can get that approximate amount in one 1,000 mg borage oil pill, two 1,000 mg EPO pills or 1/2 teaspoon of EPO.

LuLu

I stopped taking EPO too, and I had two periods that month...I started again after stopping the EPO.

Now I'm back on track and I plan to stay this way.

kytrona

What happens to the extra boobies when you stop taking the EPO? Do they go back to where they came from?