Stole my cats' brush

NubianPrize

A few years ago I fell for the Denman brush hype & got one. Bad move! No matter what I did it ripped my fine hair out . I removed rows & bristles to no avail. I called it THE SHREDDER & put it away. Sometimes you need to run a brush thru your hair to distribute products easier. Now I'm a cat owner & on a trip to Petsmart got a brush called a ZoomGroom to brush my cats. It worked very well & the cats loved it. Then one day ,I was fighting with my dry hair I tried the ZoomGroom out of desperation . With its soft cone shaped rubber bristles it went thru my hair nicely without ripping it out. Sorry kitties, it's mine now ! It's great for distributing oils , moisturizers & creams thru my hair. Today I was at Petsmart again & see there's a ZoomGroom for dogs! That one is a little larger & the bristles are a bit firmer & work better on my now longer hair. Now my cats have their brush back! This type of rubber brush works very well on my fine thick 4a/b hair . They reall should make a brush like this for people. The photos show the front & back of each one. The dark purple one is the cat brush.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-2331265256.jpg
    image-2331265256.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 185
  • image-1616860523.jpg
    image-1616860523.jpg
    496.9 KB · Views: 215

SuchaLady

You might be on to something. Another poster mentioned her brush was made for horses I think? Why do animals get better brushes than humans? :ohwell:

Fenaxa

Re: Stole my cats' brush

I have that exact cat brush (the dark purple one)! It's crossed my mind to use it on my hair but I'm not really a brush person anymore. I wouldn't mind trying it though.

Embyra

As long as it's not the same brush you used on your cats and you went and bought a new one for yourself i will refrain from side eyeing ....lool

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
No judgment from me. Shoot my brush is a horses brush but it works so do what works for your hair! I did find out that there's a better version of my brush for people so I'm going to check it out.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

so1913

Oh... I don't know if I could share the same grooming tool with my pet...I would have to buy a completely separate that doesn't touch them...BUT at least you found a tool that works for you.

briacait

It doesn't sound like you bought a new one so I'm assuming you cleaned it first. I'm not judging cause I'm a fellow cat/animal lover. I've probably done some things this board would find questionable too.

I'm glad you found a good brush though. I hope this thread doesn't go down hill.

newgrowth15

LOL! This story is hilarious. You know your cats will be side eying you from now on with everything they own. Next you'll be wearing their collars as bangles. :lachen:

NubianPrize

I washed & sterilized the thing (soap,water,soaked in hospital strength sanitizer) before using it on my hair.

Last edited:

NubianPrize

It doesn't sound like you bought a new one so I'm assuming you cleaned it first. I'm not judging cause I'm a fellow cat/animal lover. I've probably done some things this board would find questionable too.

I'm glad you found a good brush though. I hope this thread doesn't go down hill.

I washed that thing all kinds of ways : soap,water,hospital sanitizer....I was an elementary school music teacher at a school with over 1300 k-6 kids.If you ever want to know how to kill germs, ask a teacher or a school nurse.Those kids,esp the cute little pre school-1st grade darlings...the ones who alway want to give you hugs... are the biggest germ carriers on the planet. When my now adult nephew was in pre school he brought home a NASTY bug that flattened his parents & grandmom.I didn't get it because I'd been teaching long enough to become immune to most kid bugs.

NubianPrize

You might be on to something. Another poster mentioned her brush was made for horses I think? Why do animals get better brushes than humans? :ohwell:

I don't know,but maybe it's because pets aren't concerned with their looks & might not sit still for grooming unless the comb or brush feels good to them. People,on the other hand,will often endure painful procedures if it makes them look good: stiletto heels that can cause foot problems, Brazilian waxing, SCALP BURNING PERMS, breast & butt implants, etc. Way back in the day it was old fashioned girdles that cut off circulation.My mom got me one & after wearing that horror once I set it on fire:evillaugh: & scattered the ashes in the yard when my parents were out shopping:yay:.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care

I don't know,but maybe it's because pets aren't concerned with their looks & might not sit still for grooming unless the comb or brush feels good to them. People,on the other hand,will often endure painful procedures if it makes them look good: stiletto heels that can cause foot problems, Brazilian waxing, SCALP BURNING PERMS, breast & butt implants, etc. Way back in the day it was old fashioned girdles that cut off circulation.My mom got me one & after wearing that horror once I set it on fire:evillaugh: & scattered the ashes in the yard when my parents were out shopping:yay:.

I like you OP, you are smart, inventive, and funny. :D

Lovestyr

I love these brushes, purple is my favorite color. Good to hear you found a usage for this brush, I may take a stroll through petsmart this weekend

reeko43

Good idea! But you don't have to explain to people whether you sterilized or not. Some of these people who are quick to criticize or pretend to be perfect in cyber world may not be washing hands after every flush or something else unsanitary. How would we ever know?

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2