Has Anyone Ever Tried Mixing....

Mochalolita

Hair grease with Surge? I was wondering, because I've been up all night (darn insomnia!) reading through old posts. Especially the ones concerning Surge and Sulfur 8. I use S8 on a regular basis, and used to use surge. But the whole spraying thing was just really inconvenient for me, along with the wet hair when I was trying to look cute. So I was wondering if anyone has ever mixed surge in with solid grease or any other type of solid hairdressing to make it easier. I'm thinking that may be my Sunday project and my own personal challenge: To mix my Sulfur 8, Surge 14, and Glovers into one easy to use product. I know I get good results from S8, I've seen others have good results from Surge, and I've known about the benefits of Glover's from back in high school, where one of my classmates had the most amazing head of hair I've seen after using it. What do y'all think? Does it sound worth it for me to try for a few months?

Hugs,
Crys

SouthernGirl

Hey Mocha /images/graemlins/wave.gif,

I've had the same problem, which is why I can never use Surge on a consistent basis.

I'm not sure about mixing it with grease (I'm assumming you mean putting all thre ingredients in a tub and literally mixing), but Surge also makes a product Ultra Max which is a pomade that may be easier to mix with the other three products. It's very lightweight and non greasy so it should work.

It's so new though, that I don't know if people are experiencing the same growth rates as with the spray. When I contacted the co. a few months back, I talked to someone that recommended using both the spray and the Ultra Max- not substituting because the liquid goes into the scalp faster. This made sense, but could have also been a sales pitch to get me to buy both!

Mochalolita

Hmmmm...I may have to go to the BSS check this out...either way, I'm gonna be mixing something up today /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DatJerseyDyme

I've tried it with CD healthy hair butter when I'm wearing a straight style. Now, I have it mixed with EVOO in an old WGO bottle.

Mochalolita

Okay...so I mixed up a batch of Sulfur 8, Glovers, and Surge tonight and applied it to my scalp. The smell isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, and my parents didn't mention it when I hugged them /images/graemlins/smile.gif It turned creamy when I mixed it, and absorbed rather quickly. I'll be using this on a regular basis for at least the next couple of months, so I can see if I have any results from it...I'll post if anything interesting happens!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I mixed Surge with EVOO and WGO in an applicator bottle about a week or so ago. I just pore it on my roots & scalp from time to time and massage away! /images/graemlins/smile.gif