Still confused about tags,,, how come I cant add them?

Okay, I thought i understood that we can only recycle tags for a thread but how is that I see brand new tags all over, quite appropriate for new threads? I am sooooo confused, how does this work , anyone??
ETA: seems to be working now :lol:

wheezy807

I wanna know too. Better yet, why have i created thread and it's told me i'm not authorized to tag them? I've have yet to tag a thread, it won't let me.

rainbowknots

I just clicked on "edit tags" on the right and started typing a word. Once you type a couple of letters a bunch of different words pop up that you can choose from, I'm not sure if this is the official way though...HTH

Lovelylife

I just clicked on "edit tags" on the right and started typing a word. Once you type a couple of letters a bunch of different words pop up that you can choose from, I'm not sure if this is the official way though...HTH
yeah, probably not. It's better than nothing since no one else has replied.

DarlingNikki

for searching purposes. for some others it is a form of entertainment or to express discontent about a thread through tagging inappropriate or funny words

I'm about to do a search on "jesus joe get shovel" to see what threads show up. That tag usually appears when ish has hit the fan. I'm in need of a good laugh right now :lol:.

Lovelylife

Aren't those existing tags though? I thought we could only add existing tags to threads but not brand new tags?
yeah, that's what I said, you can use words that are already in the system( I get what you are saying, the new words are from previous named threads). It's better than nothing, I was offering an alternative solution until someone else actually answers the thread with something better.

Sequoia

yeah, that's what I said, you can use words that are already in the system( I get what you are saying, the new words are from previous named threads). It's better than nothing, I was offering an alternative solution until someone else actually answers the thread with something better.

Oh, ok. My initial post was only addressing the OP's question on how new tags are created, not about reusing old ones. :yep: