Steamer Question

kim

When you steam your hair should you cover with a plastic cap? I have not been covering my hair is that ok? And how long should you sit under the steamer?

bollyhair

Kim, I think the REAL question is,....WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR STEAMER?

kim

LOL!! I got it at BeautyBeautyUSA. It is a table top steamer and it only cost $78.00. It works real well! I didn't get the more expensive one because I did not have anywhere to store it.

northernbelle

I get my hair professionally steamed at my local JC Penney salon, and the stylist does not place a plastic cap on my hair.

northernbelle

northernbelle

[ QUOTE ]
axon12 said:
What is steaming hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Steaming the hair is a process of deep conditioning hair using steam.

The steamer looks like a hood dryer, but rather than emit heat, it emits warm steam.

I had steam deep conditioning treatment two weeks following my last relaxer touch up, and my hair is still so very soft.

I am due for another next week, two weeks before my next relaxer touch up.

Steaming has so benefitted my hair. I highly recommend it.

northernbelle

ccd

[ QUOTE ]
kim said:
LOL!! I got it at BeautyBeautyUSA. It is a table top steamer and it only cost $78.00. It works real well! I didn't get the more expensive one because I did not have anywhere to store it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Before I got my steamer, the salon I went to used to steam treat my hair without a plastic cap. Under a dryer, I'd use a plastic cap, in the salon and at home. HTH

bollyhair

[ QUOTE ]
northernbelle said:
I get my hair professionally steamed at my local JC Penney salon, and the stylist does not place a plastic cap on my hair.

northernbelle

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this a separate step that they did in doing your hair? I mean did they automatically steam your hair as part of the process, or did you have to recommend it? Was there a separate charge for it or was it included? How much?

northernbelle

Actually, this is a conditioning treatment. With the wash, treatment, style and finish, it cost a total of $32.00.

So, no; it was not something that I requested, but is the way in which the deep conditioning treatments are performed.

northernbelle

morehairplease

this sounds so interesting!! What does this do for the hair? I plan on going to a JC Penny's to get my hair relaxed....do I just ask for it to be steamed as well?
TIA

Tishee