Steam in Maxiglide Flat Ironing Damp Hair

The Girl

I know that some use the steam feature on their Maxiglide. I am wondering if it would be the same as flat ironing with yourhair being somewhat damp?

yeah I chickened out, anyway. I decided to let it air dry more before I flatironed it. I was having a brain fart I guess

JustMeSteph said:
I know that some use the steam feature on their Maxiglide. I am wondering if it would be the same as flat ironing with yourhair being somewhat damp?

I actually did just that last time I maxiglided. I was in a hurry, didn't want to wait for my hair to be bone dry, and my hair came out very smooth and silky and stayed like this for days. The trick is that the hair must not be too damp, but almost dry but not quite dry. It's hard to describe.

I didn't experience any breakage from it, and I plan to use this technique next time I flat iron again.

Last edited:
JustMeSteph said:
yeah I chickened out, anyway. I decided to let it air dry more before I flatironed it. I was having a brain fart I guess

I'd be chicken too. Your hair has to be damn near 100% dry in my opinion before you can even think about heating it.
I like letting it airdry before I maxi it too.

Back